PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion.

Jugdriver
Jan-10-2012, 12:55
So with all the recent discussion going on about possible cheating and VAC I was wondering if you gentlemen would be willing to make a sticky post in here or a page on your website and post on the Banana forums of your policy/rules with regards to changing or modifying the stock flight models, damage models, ammunition (I am not talking about the present ability to change ammo loadouts) , armament, modding the stock game in any way, changing the realism settings from the client side, using a speed hack and your use of VAC

The reason I ask is because of something someone said on the Banana forums regarding experimenting with the FM and some reading I did on the Steam VAC forum. From what I can see there does not appear to be any rules regarding the things listed above on the forum here or on the ATAG website. Now for a lot of people this is inferred, if you do any of the things I have listed above you are cheating, however for some, if there are no rules regarding these things then the door is open to play around (there are servers on steam that allow hacks). I think you should clearly state your policy regarding the things I have listed above (and anything else you would consider breaking your rules) so that everyone knows where you and they stand. If this information appears somewhere in here and I missed it I apologize, I have looked but I do not seem to be able to find it.

JD
AKA_MattE

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-10-2012, 13:17
Hi Matt,

That's a good idea. I'll draft up a sticky and a little forum section showing rules etc. for the server. And to answer you, cheating is not allowed. I'm sure you knew that. But anyone found to be hacking into the game files to change any sort of characteristics of their plane, the game, etc, will be banned indefinitely - if not only in a short while by VAC itself. I've heard of people using the FXAA mod and some other things, visually to cut the jaggies out. I'm not against that sort of thing, but doing anything like that definitely puts yourself at risk. Exploiting the game to get some sort of an advantage is definitely not acceptable.

As someone that used to play competitive FPS (CEVO, CAL, ESA) most of the anticheat clients simply gathered information and banned at a later date. They did this because the cheater community would slowly start using a subscription hack and if the 1st person got caught, he would tell the rest of them, and they would all circumvent. Now the AC clients sit back and try to catch as many people as possible, silently, for one big ban list down the road. I know VAC does this for many other games, I can only imagine it's the same for IL2COD. But who knows :goofy:

Thanks.