System Specs are

I5-2500K @ 4.5ghz
16gb ram @ 2133mhz
MSI GTX570 Twin Frozer 3 Power edition
1 SSD for Windows 7 64bit
2 1 TB 7200rpm HDD's on Sata 6gb/s connection
Dual monitors

Not really sure what else to post, IL2 freezes @ the crosshairs

Your system should easily run the game, including the mod version.

This problem sounds like an anti-virus or Windows problem.

ATAG_Colander
Apr-09-2014, 14:09
Try running it in windowed mode. This way if there's an error dialog, it will not be covered by the game window.

darkside3/4
Apr-09-2014, 14:29
Ive trouble shot this several times...make sure you unzip all the mod stuff into the cliffs steam folder. It seems if the 3.0 mod installer is anywhere else this happens. Just make sure the little nazi/british flag icon is in.... program files x86.....steam....steamapps...common....il2 cliffs, then run the mod install.

irish_jim
Apr-09-2014, 14:45
I can't get IL2 to run if I'm using AlacrityPC or Razer Gamebooster, it freezes at the splashscreen. It seems to be fussy about what else is running, so definitely start disabling things like antivirus and gameboosters before launching the game.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-09-2014, 15:37
I wouldn't disable anti-virus... just create exceptions in the anti-virus to allow the program to run.

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-09-2014, 16:13
When you fire up the game, try right clicking on launcher.exe and "Run as administrator"

darqen27
Apr-09-2014, 22:23
did the vanilla version work?

No it did not

darqen27
Apr-09-2014, 22:23
When you fire up the game, try right clicking on launcher.exe and "Run as administrator"

Already way ahead of you

darqen27
Apr-09-2014, 22:32
Try running it in windowed mode. This way if there's an error dialog, it will not be covered by the game window.

I cant even select windowed mode as I can not get to the config area ingame

ATAG_Freya
Apr-09-2014, 23:38
And you've gone through this ? http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711 - post #3

ATAG_Torian
Apr-09-2014, 23:43
1. Delete CloD from Steamapps and the 1c softclub folder from Documents library.
2. Re download a fresh install from Steam.
3. Run the vanilla version.
4. If it works then disable Steam from auto updating the game......if u don't know how to do this ask.
5. Install the 3.0 patch then run the game. Just do a single player quik mission. U don't have to even setup ur controls or anything. Just exit once it has started.
6. Install each subsequent patch and then run the game and do a single mission start after each patch is installed. Delete the cache from the Mod folder after each patch install before u run the game.
7. Once the final patch is installed u can go ahead and do all ur control and other setup configuration.

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-09-2014, 23:44
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 updated?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

darqen27
Apr-10-2014, 00:55
1. Delete CloD from Steamapps and the 1c softclub folder from Documents library.
2. Re download a fresh install from Steam.
3. Run the vanilla version.
4. If it works then disable Steam from auto updating the game......if u don't know how to do this ask.
5. Install the 3.0 patch then run the game. Just do a single player quik mission. U don't have to even setup ur controls or anything. Just exit once it has started.
6. Install each subsequent patch and then run the game and do a single mission start after each patch is installed. Delete the cache from the Mod folder after each patch install before u run the game.
7. Once the final patch is installed u can go ahead and do all ur control and other setup configuration.

Did the fresh install and now the game doesnt even get to crosshairs, it just blue circles for a sec and then nothing

EDIT: Verified the game files to find out it downloaded wierd, 8 files were missing, and now its at the crosshairs again. no go on anything still

ATAG_Torian
Apr-10-2014, 01:14
I'll assume that this is the vanilla install, with no patches Installed, that is doing this now.
I see u have an ssd drive where Win 7 is installed...do u install ur Steam games to the main ssd drive where ur Win7 is or do u install to a different directory ?
Have u updated Direct X ?
Are ur nVidia drivers updated ?

Just as an aside, how long is it since u have reinstalled Win7 ?
Do u run a registry cleaning program like CCleaner regularly ?

darqen27
Apr-10-2014, 03:18
I'll assume that this is the vanilla install, with no patches Installed, that is doing this now.
I see u have an ssd drive where Win 7 is installed...do u install ur Steam games to the main ssd drive where ur Win7 is or do u install to a different directory ?
Have u updated Direct X ?
Are ur nVidia drivers updated ?

Just as an aside, how long is it since u have reinstalled Win7 ?
Do u run a registry cleaning program like CCleaner regularly ?

Its been 2 years since windows 7 was last installed, and I don't generally use registry cleaning programs

darqen27
Apr-10-2014, 03:41
I have fixed the problem, and I bet this fix would work for alot of people

Same problem as in FSX, UIAutomationCore.dll

Where-for Windows 7 64-bit does not supply a 32 bit file for the game to play off of, or if it does what happens is it becomes corrupted.

Downloading the 32 bit dll from a website and placing it both in the main IL-2 directory and in parts/core has rendered the game bootable and very well playable, I am now proceeding to install the mods

darkside3/4
Apr-10-2014, 03:43
Excellent, hope to see you in the skies. Join us on Teamspeak if you need any further guidance.

ATAG_Torian
Apr-10-2014, 03:51
Glad u found it. I'd be interested to know how u were able to narrow it down to that missing .dll
If it's been over 2 years since u did a reformat and reinstall it might be a worthwhile exercise as well as cleaning out dust from the pc case and cpu heatsink & fan.
I would at least recommend installing and running a registry cleaner like CCleaner on a weekly basis.
A cluttered registry and piles of useless files littering ur operating system and hard drives can lead to major problems.

See u in the skies.

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-10-2014, 08:19
Glad you got it fixed. :thumbsup:

darqen27
Apr-10-2014, 11:32
Glad u found it. I'd be interested to know how u were able to narrow it down to that missing .dll
If it's been over 2 years since u did a reformat and reinstall it might be a worthwhile exercise as well as cleaning out dust from the pc case and cpu heatsink & fan.
I would at least recommend installing and running a registry cleaner like CCleaner on a weekly basis.
A cluttered registry and piles of useless files littering ur operating system and hard drives can lead to major problems.

See u in the skies.

I did the reg cleaner, not gonna reformat, too much stuff to reinstall and it dont think its necessary

I did the dll fix on a whim because of FSX having a similar problem(Huge Flight simmer, Real world pilot and Air traffic controller, use FSX and X-plane 10 alot)

So i googled it and behold, found an old thread about using the dll as a fix, so i applied it and Wha-la, we have another dangerous german flier!