PDA

View Full Version : What The heck ......

ChiefRedCloud
Jan-11-2012, 11:54
:inq: A friend and I were messing around with the idea of starting a Simple Traiing Server, aka New Wings. But it would seem that the "stock" online missions for CloD like Steppe, are rather odd, to say the least.

My accomplise in this venture was doing the server setup stuff so I unclear of all the things he had at his disposale. However being the testy (that would be me) I found it rather odd (yea there's that word again) that we had British Spits on both sides. And even stranger that the one I was flying had Italian markigns :inq: . Later we found that you had to go in and "choose" your aircraft and country. :goofy: . What we want, and my compatriate may have figured out by now, is a simple setup where (heaven forbid) there are German planes (by default) on one side, and British planes (also by default) on the other side.

IS there a simple way to do this or do I have to hire a Warped :goofy: Proffessor with a knowledge of whatever to do this?

Any suggestions after you get through laughing WOULD be appreciated ..... :inq:

LG1.Farber
Jan-11-2012, 17:02
Need to assign armies for the map. Also assign planes for the individual airbases on the map as well as "armies", red and blue....

Hope this helps.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-12-2012, 10:18
Hey Chief!

What map would you like this on? (full channel / smaller dogfight?) What do you want for planesets / objectives? (just dogfight or bombers as well?)

If you spin me up on what you want, I'll just make a mission for you!

ChiefRedCloud
Jan-12-2012, 10:35
Hey Chief!

What map would you like this on? (full channel / smaller dogfight?) What do you want for planesets / objectives? (just dogfight or bombers as well?)

If you spin me up on what you want, I'll just make a mission for you!

I would suspect small dogfight as it's only to be used for training and small sorties againdt each other ........ though I like the channel, it's a campaign map ....;)

As far as I can see we need about two bases on each side and a handful of respawning AI planes for both sides. Keeping it as simple as possible. And of course the settings for aircraft is the big question. Many a new player wants to see their shinny new aircraft flying (it is kind of neat) so simple aircraft managment is nearly a must for the new. HOWEVER, as we progress (and because you guys here at ATAG have spoiled me) full realism will be needed as I feel this is a must for really enjoying the CloD sim. This lasat I suspect would require a second mission since I doubt you can have both in the same mission, aka .... simple at one base and complex at the other.

In a nutshell, start simple, then do hard ..... Hell, I've learned how to take off and land with the best, but NOW I need to learn how to fly with the best. In other words, my flying pretty much sucks ...... BUT I still have fun no matter which end of the gun I'm on ..... LOL

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-12-2012, 21:02
Hey Chief!

I'll get you something together, hopefully over the weekend. Setting up the server is a bit more difficult, but we can do that over TS :thumbsup:

ChiefRedCloud
Jan-13-2012, 16:19
Thanks Bliss .......