PDA

View Full Version : ATAG Flyers on BOS

darkside3/4
Apr-11-2014, 17:35
Who from this great community will be splitting their time between BOS and here. I'd much rather fly BOS with my mates here then with a bunch of CLOD haters. If your gonna be playing it let us know.

Dutch
Apr-11-2014, 18:07
It depends mate. I have the thing, but I haven't updated it since we were supposed to uninstall and re-download. The aeroplanes don't fly like aeroplanes yet. They have no trim controls. They don't overheat at full boost and max rpm. Judging from many vids I've seen, the FMs are still a bit dodgy to say the least. The gauges don't all work, principally the rate of climb gauge. I rely on that a lot.

But it's not finished yet. If it gets 'finished' and released with none of the above resolved, it's not a flight sim. But I'm willing to give it time. We'll see.

aus3620
Apr-11-2014, 18:23
It is a very nice Alpha build, but as Dutch points out, it is still very much an Alpha build!
I give it a burst every now and again to see what is happening, and generally I like what I see, but still too raw to devote too much time to.
I'm optimistic about its future, but waiting to see the advanced Beta product to really gauge the title.

darkside3/4
Apr-11-2014, 18:43
Question more geared towards the final release provided its decent.

Injerin
Apr-11-2014, 18:58
I will! :)

ATAG_EvangelusE
Apr-11-2014, 19:47
Same as Dutch, I have it but rarely fire it up for pretty much the same reasons - depends on the finished product.

ATAG_Naz
Apr-11-2014, 21:32
I'll definitely be giving it a good look once its final. Like the other guys, I rarely load it up now even though I have it installed. I have limited flying time so I'd rather spend it with our TF Cliffs beauty. No criticism of BoS in that regard, I accept it's still in alpha/beta.

... but I am looking forward to seeing the final product. I have the feeling it might be more of a single player game for me whilst Cliffs will be my online sim. Time will tell.
:salute:

darkside3/4
Apr-11-2014, 22:27
I'll definitely be giving it a good look once its final. Like the other guys, I rarely load it up now even though I have it installed. I have limited flying time so I'd rather spend it with our TF Cliffs beauty. No criticism of BoS in that regard, I accept it's still in alpha/beta.

... but I am looking forward to seeing the final product. I have the feeling it might be more of a single player game for me whilst Cliffs will be my online sim. Time will tell.

My sentiments Naz, I'd like to fly with some of you mates over there when you guys update...71st is the only bubs from here I see on frequently and using teamspeak.

ATAG_Naz
Apr-11-2014, 23:12
I should also mention that my main reason (by a wide margin) for flying online is the community here;

I like the chaps I fly with and against, so irrespective of each sims' merit, I will be flying on ATAG with the great group we have (and I include tagged ATAGers, our regular visitors and ever increasing number of new guys).

I'd love to think we will have 2 or 3 fun sims to fly together in the near future, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.

darkside3/4
Apr-11-2014, 23:16
I should also mention that my main reason (by a wide margin) for flying online is the community here;

I like the chaps I fly with and against, so irrespective of each sims' merit, I will be flying on ATAG with the great group we have (and I include tagged ATAGers, our regular visitors and ever increasing number of new guys).

I'd love to think we will have 2 or 3 fun sims to fly together in the near future, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.

One more reason the cliffs community should take over the world. BOS wont be the same without you all.

Chuck_Owl
Apr-12-2014, 00:10
I am not an ATAG member, but I'm flying BoS since the very beginning. It's a fun sim so far. Although, I still have a preference for BoB aircraft ;)

LuseKofte
Apr-12-2014, 03:41
Well I got more luck with the ALPHA version of BOS then the CLOD so I will fly BOS almost exclusive. Now I got launcher crash at the moment I select an aircraft. Compere that to lack of trim :P
Sorry guys CLOD I love it but I had my fair share of crashes 1 hour into game after a long and steady climb, just to get a launcher crash so for me CLOD is far worse than BOS, at least I can fly there

Skoshi_Tiger
Apr-12-2014, 04:06
Now I got launcher crash at the moment I select an aircraft. Compere that to lack of trim :P

Since the update today BoS has been crashing on my PC. I had to restart the update three times before it worked, I had a launcher crash first time tried to start it. The screen froze twice in game, though the game was still running in the background. Had to use task manager to kill it off. This would have to be their worst update yet.

I really hope they can fix BoS up quick because the Pe2 has a lot of potential. Trims not a problem for me in the PE2 because they have modeled it in a neutral state and I can actually fly the thing without constant forward stick. I actually had fun flying it today. If they would do that to the other aircraft without trim in the game I'd be hella impressed.

Regarding your issues with CoD I'm fairly sure there's a thread about installing the TF patches. Maybe you should have a look for it and follow the suggestions. I can't remember having any crashes in CoD since the first TF Patch.

Oh! Back to the original topic, once the developers sort out their issues I'd definitely like to fly on an ATAG BoS server!

Cheers!

Tvrdi
Apr-12-2014, 04:35
I will fly both sims. BOS in quick dogfight fast food servers (rof engine is build for that in the first place), CLOD for some realistic large scale channel battles and il2 46 in SEOW. I dont have crashes or other problems.

ZG15_robtek
Apr-12-2014, 04:56
I'd love to fly BoS in a team.... when it's ready.
I've just watched a vid on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AILhDrTgcZA
when i see that, i feel thats a DM for the 'instant gratification crowd'.
There are still to many game stoppers FOR ME to enjoy BoS in this state.
I still have the hope that my money isn't wasted and BoS becomes a simulation, not just a game with sim-aspects.

Archie
Apr-12-2014, 05:07
Sold off my copy because I just wasn't updating or playing it. Maybe in the future, if it is released as fully playable, and it is not as arcade as I think it is going to be, I might look at it again. For me now, Cod takes up all my sim time, and I am not sure BoS will ever be able to compete with that, it is a different animal, aimed at a different audience. I spent a lot of money on RoF, and a lot of issues (FM anyone? Dodgy master server etc) has never been fixed, and probably never will be, it doesn't seem to be considered important.
If anything drags me away from CoD it will be DCS WWII, and that has a long way to go yet.

LuseKofte
Apr-12-2014, 05:46
When I am settled in my new house and found a place for my kit I will fly all sims I like .BOS I am not sure about online, it need to be a campaign kind of server if I do. I will keep BOS as a offline fun game and clod as a occasional online pleasure retreat kind of thing.
I will fly in ATAG BOS server and Syndicate server New wings server and those as serious as mentioned

Tvrdi
Apr-12-2014, 08:07
when i see that, i feel thats a DM for the 'instant gratification crowd'.

Its absolutely clear they are making a sim for "wider audience". Lots of smokes, fires and whistles, a bit cartoonish FM and DM, lots of plane types (in the future), fast food dogfights, facebook page and chips and coke....

Well...CLOD is more like...for serious simmers...lets call them (us) hardcore simmers. Ppl who are more into realistic (as possible) FMs and DM (no super flames and smokes every time a plane is damaged ), history buffs who would like to participate in large scale battles with many ground and air units.. Same crowd will be playin DCS WW2 44 I suppose....

Ironically, with latest TF patches, CLOD is closer to be called IL2 46 successor than its BOS...BOS is like a mixdown of ROF and Warthunder.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Apr-12-2014, 08:39
I am not an ATAG member, but I'm flying BoS since the very beginning. It's a fun sim so far. Although, I still have a preference for BoB aircraft ;)

+1 ChuckOwl, I'm over there too as it develops and I like the process of how it's being done. I'm defo glass half full and feel they are making good progress. I hope that the FM gets tuned a little more like most but it's not all that bad sans the rudder feels strange at times. Sort of that weathervaning feeling of rotating round a verticle axis a bit too tightly. Fingers crossed that the numbers improve in MP stability also. :thumbsup:

dburne
Apr-12-2014, 09:22
I participate in BOS as well, though especially after TF 4.3 I am finding it harder to devote much of my limited time to BOS, I am keeping it updated but have not really flown it much now in about 3 weeks. I was really looking forward to playing around with the QMB and have not had a chance to give that a try yet.
I am just loving 4.3 and right now that is where my limited time does go.

I have been an offline flyer for some time now, if I ever do get back into online it will certainly be with the great ATAG folks here with Cliffs. And if I ever find myself giving it a try in BOS, I hope there are some of them over there as well. From what I can see the ATAG folks are class acts!

1lokos
Apr-12-2014, 09:59
Its absolutely clear they are making a sim for "wider audience".

Yes, and they hit the target, easy to shoot planes, big fire, locomotive smoke, "advanced" DM with his (ridiculous) cracked surfaces, swaying and falling off.
I already read in some local forum guys praising the "improved sound effects, "One can hear his hits on other aircraft!!!" (in the best CloD bugs style :D ).

Is what you see in popular games, BF's, COD, Crysis, etc...

I don't have reference of WT (play some 20 minutes) but Wings of Prey is a fun CFS game, what Bo$ reminder a lot - include the blur visual - is lot of FUN:

I hit some train AAA wagon, the explosion launch the locomotive flying across the Russian steppe in the best BF3 way. :)

The fact is, Bo$ is success CFS game, will be a "cult" like il-2(original), and the "Simulator or the Year 2014 or 15" (After all WT was in 2013). :D

I expect that traditional reviewers will give then 8/9+ notes.

And for good, work for keep the genre alive, so don't blame ir, play it - together with you preferred sim's, of course. :thumbsup:

Trim I think that the game already has all that will, the "Stabilizer Adjust" (RoF SE5A heritage) for Bf 109 and the "Petrovich trim" (http://riseofflight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=2564) for others. :)

No, I am not "Shiite fanboy" - If read what I post here (http://www.gavca.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=71), seems that I criticize the game "shortcuts", but true is true.

Sokol1

XE9O
Apr-12-2014, 10:17
~S~ We at the the 71st are taking a look at it, but without Trim in the planes i don't fly it as much , Maybe once a week off line. My flight sim for now is CLOD and still enjoy it.:thumbsup:

darkside3/4
Apr-12-2014, 13:44
Rog XE, you guys are the most visible. Don't know if you mind but been throwing your teamspeak around for peeps wanting to wing up in US Expert. Official BOS TS server is quickly becoming irrelevant with little traffic. To keep it in perspective were talking about the cliffs community in BOS not just those crazy guys from ATAG.

ChiefRedCloud
Apr-12-2014, 16:28
When it comes available at a normal price, I will purchase it. But as indicated by many, I will continue to fly CloD.

Tvrdi
Apr-12-2014, 16:40
"advanced" DM with his (ridiculous) cracked surfaces, swaying and falling off.
I too noticed that planes fall apart like RC planes. Its ridiculous. It wasnt realistic even in ROF where the planes are all wood an canvas (and some metal).
But if thats what makes most simmers happy...BF4 sounds and effects and rc DM....hey, I surrender.

I mean I will be playin CLOD alot. I hope. hehe

LuseKofte
Apr-12-2014, 18:01
I like the falling parts and effects, I suppose that make me a WT fan. But honestly CLOD is not without FPS tendency it is almost the same or worse , it is only the big maps that saves it.
Making CLOD better because it got less and poorer effects does not make sense at all to me.
But judging the visitors on Servers at BOS I agree the FPS score is higher there.

I find FM and flight characteristics better in two of the planes currently in BOS than any we got in CLOD, it just nowhere to have fun with them.

darkside3/4
Apr-12-2014, 18:19
I like the falling parts and effects, I suppose that make me a WT fan. But honestly CLOD is not without FPS tendency it is almost the same or worse , it is only the big maps that saves it.
Making CLOD better because it got less and poorer effects does not make sense at all to me.
But judging the visitors on Servers at BOS I agree the FPS score is higher there.

I find FM and flight characteristics better in two of the planes currently in BOS than any we got in CLOD, it just nowhere to have fun with them.

This thread is not a CLOD vs BOS thread, it is who from this community will being flying over there. The last several posts have been diverging from the topic. We don't need BOS forum shenanigans here.

startrekmike
Apr-12-2014, 19:34
This thread is not a CLOD vs BOS thread, it is who from this community will being flying over there. The last several posts have been diverging from the topic. We don't need BOS forum shenanigans here.

I will be playing both CloD and BoS, I suspect BoS will get more of my time as it seems to be something that some of my friends will really like and I am not ashamed to say that I enjoy it a great deal as well.

Still, I gotta be honest with you here, I frequent both this forum and the BoS forum and I am sorry, I just don't see the CloD hate that I keep hearing about here on the BoS forums, the top posts on the "other 1C games" forum are topics that are mostly praise for CloD and the work of TF, if there are folks over there bashing it, they must be a extreme minority.

Again, maybe I am not seeing it but as a whole, this feels like a (mostly) one sided feud.

Wulf
Apr-12-2014, 19:37
Well, I've certainly given it a go online and I've had some fun doing it. However it's still, as some of the detractors have noted, missing a number of critical features so really it's just a case of checking progress at this stage rather than engaging in any serious sim flying. Like most sims it's a bit of a mixed bag. Because its a more recent development there are of course aspects of it that have clearly benefited from the evolutionary nature of sim making, and progress in computer development, while in some other respects, these developments are not quite so apparent - at least at this stage. Until we see the final product it's really just speculation but in my view it appears to be coming along quite nicely for the most part. CloD will almost certainly have played a part in it's development and I don't doubt for a second that the developers of BoS will be fully aware that comparisons will be made. All in all this is a very good thing for consumers as competition between the two sims has the potential to result in improvements in both. For my own part, the imminent release of the Focke Wulf 190 is of immense interest. As a 190 flyer from way back I'm really looking forward to the day when I can climb into that little beauty and tighten up the straps. If the 109 is anything to go by I think I'll be in for a real treat, but time will tell.

Dutch
Apr-12-2014, 21:08
Just those crazy guys from ATAG.

:goofy

darkside3/4
Apr-12-2014, 21:33
I will be playing both CloD and BoS, I suspect BoS will get more of my time as it seems to be something that some of my friends will really like and I am not ashamed to say that I enjoy it a great deal as well.

Still, I gotta be honest with you here, I frequent both this forum and the BoS forum and I am sorry, I just don't see the CloD hate that I keep hearing about here on the BoS forums, the top posts on the "other 1C games" forum are topics that are mostly praise for CloD and the work of TF, if there are folks over there bashing it, they must be a extreme minority.

Again, maybe I am not seeing it but as a whole, this feels like a (mostly) one sided feud.

Its not just cliffs hate, its over zealous mods, and a community who can generally be complete dicks to anyone with a question that might not praise it or doesnt have time to search forums for hours. Doesnt seem to happen nowhere near as freq here. I can ask a question for the most part here no matter how stupid and most will still be polite. Enough of that. Back on track.

Chuck_Owl
Apr-12-2014, 23:44

The reason you do not see this "CloD" hate on the BoS forums is very simple: every topic that even mentions CloD gets systematically deleted (although there are 2 exceptions in the general chat, but reading the comments there just make my blood boil).

LuseKofte
Apr-13-2014, 09:32
Personally I think it is too early to say what anyone going to do. I love some of the flight models in the russian planes but the German ones are too straight forward, almost arcadish. The servers are dogfight only and the maps are small.
Everything is settled for being a setup I will grow to hate, but I love east front theme, more than I care for BOB. And Russian planes are to me fascinating.
I can't really say what I am going to think of it until we got all the planes, bombsight and trim, and dedicated servers.
Too me this game need FMB so I can do what I want offline, sorry for my previous rant about clod vs BOS , that was only an answer to another post.
If syndicate and new wings can do servers like we see in ROF, I think I am going to play bos a lot.

darkside3/4
Apr-13-2014, 13:21
If there is persistent campaigns like we have here, I will play quite a bit provided everything else is well made

Doozy
Apr-13-2014, 20:09
I bought BoS and it's on my hard drive. I fire it up for a few minutes every couple weeks and It
is ok considering it's only 45% finished. When I fire up CloD and look at the awesome
graphics and the feel of the planes ,I have to say that's where my heart is right now.
When it comes to community I think ATAG stands head and shoulders above the rest.
I love WWII flight sims and will continue to support them all without being a big fanboy.

I ain't no spring chicken ya know , so I would love to see some P 51's , P 47's and
B 17's flying around somewhere in the not too distant future , before my final dirtnap :thumbsup:

Il 2 1946 spoiled me big time for content , it's a hard act to follow.

Doozy

XE9O
Apr-13-2014, 20:23
~S~ Np Problem Jarhead on the TS, With BOS it is hard to get use to the Non_Click cockpit at least for me. BOS is not a bad game ( Game ) . I remember when i started playing flight sim, CFS1 and then CFS2 how cool where these? The IL2 wow what a hard game i thought , then CLOD . Every thing is getting better in my eyes , and with CLOD it would be gone if not for the guys that work and update it.

I remember all we had was a broke game for a long time with CLOD, with no other flights sims on the horizon . Then CLOD got better then worst then better depending on who was judging it at the time. Personally I like it and have fun no matter what patch . But i do think BOS will do well also, both game have something that the other don't.

XE90:thumbsup:

Combat Wombat
Apr-13-2014, 20:25
The reason you do not see this "CloD" hate on the BoS forums is very simple: every topic that even mentions CloD gets systematically deleted (although there are 2 exceptions in the general chat, but reading the comments there just make my blood boil).

Yes +1 for that,I try not to read it let alone contribute as I know i would be band or at least one of the silly 'naughty boy points' :ind:

Dutch
Apr-13-2014, 20:46
'You have been issued a warning. You must acknowledge this warning before you are allowed to post on this forum'.

Yeah, yeah. I'm a danger to the human race. My words are so abhorrent, I have to bow down, kow-tow, grovel and generally plead for forgiveness. Once I've done that, I'm only allowed to say 'OMG, it's fantastic!!!!', otherwise I get another warning, which I must acknowledge before posting.

Good Grief.

Archie
Apr-14-2014, 03:22
'You have been issued a warning. You must acknowledge this warning before you are allowed to post on this forum'.

Welcome to BoS. Thanks for the cash towards the new yacht fund. :)

LuseKofte
Apr-14-2014, 08:31
I bought BoS and it's on my hard drive. I fire it up for a few minutes every couple weeks and It
is ok considering it's only 45% finished. When I fire up CloD and look at the awesome
graphics and the feel of the planes ,I have to say that's where my heart is right now.
When it comes to community I think ATAG stands head and shoulders above the rest.
I love WWII flight sims and will continue to support them all without being a big fanboy.

I ain't no spring chicken ya know , so I would love to see some P 51's , P 47's and
B 17's flying around somewhere in the not too distant future , before my final dirtnap :thumbsup:

Il 2 1946 spoiled me big time for content , it's a hard act to follow.

Doozy

+1 BOS dues not offer more than a half hour fun at the time.

I disagree on the delete posting at BOS site, many people there are getting the eyes up for clod and many topics are up. But I agree the moderation in that site is very strict and bordering to madness.
But this is exactly why I hate to see the obvious BOS hate here, And tell me not it doesn't exist. Forcing people to choose is the worst thing you do. If you make a site where everybody is welcomed and allow people to like what they want you automatically get more users and flyers.
I am more and more clear that my future priorities lies in CLOD, but I like any effort to get new WW 2 sims out

Skoshi_Tiger
Apr-14-2014, 08:31
That's the sprit!

Have you heard the new BoS song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx5n21zHPm8

:)

startrekmike
Apr-14-2014, 14:11

Yeah, yeah. I'm a danger to the human race. My words are so abhorrent, I have to bow down, kow-tow, grovel and generally plead for forgiveness. Once I've done that, I'm only allowed to say 'OMG, it's fantastic!!!!', otherwise I get another warning, which I must acknowledge before posting.

Good Grief.

Dutch, it has been my experience that the BoS forum moderators may be a bit over-zealous at times but on a whole, they don't abuse power, if you are getting warnings then you are probably obviously breaking rules.

This is a repeating cycle I have noticed here, there are a select few on this forum that complain about the horrible BoS moderation but whenever I see posts about it here, I remember when the BoS forums opened and there were more than a few of the ATAG forum regulars either trying to pick "mine is better than yours" fights or using obvious hyperbole to try and start drama and then crying censorship when they get called out.

I always get a bit of a laugh when I come on this forum and hear about how oppressed I apparently am on the BoS forums, how I can't complain there in fear of getting banned, I laugh because I don't see it, I see folks making bug reports and not getting banned, I see folks asking questions about features not yet implemented without getting banned, I even see folks offering constructive critique without nary a sign of a moderators ban-hammer in sight.

I find that it is not so much what you say but how you say it that determines the response you get, there are a select few on this forum that can't seem to discuss any sim (other than CloD of coarse) without hyperbole, snark, insults and sarcasm (even if they think they are being subtle) and when they get called out on that in other forums, they come here, complain about oppression and feel like they are fighting the good fight.

Archie
Apr-14-2014, 15:06
Well, the clever thing about the BoS forum, is that when you are banned, and a lot of people ARE banned, it doesn't say 'banned' under your username, so no one else would ever know...
Anyway, this thread has gone O/T as usual from the original question, but there you go, thats forums for ya!

darkside3/4
Apr-14-2014, 15:26
Instead of seeing who has a bigger kielbasa, anyone else a regular Cliffs customer who's giving BOS a test drive?

14.JG/5_Capt.Stubing
Apr-14-2014, 15:53
Yep... I gave it a go over the weekend. IMO it's still very early work and it has a ways to go in terms of FMs and the game for that matter. I support new Sims regardless as there isn't that many to choose from anymore and I don't see a whole heck of a lot queuing up anytime soon either.

To compare the two sims is a natural thought but BoS is very much a sim in the works at the moment. If I were to compare the two with Clod being stock without the TF mods then they would be more inline with each other. Both have a lot of potential and yet they were both very incomplete. TF has made a tremendous difference and my hats off to them. I'm hopeful BoS will be a success as I don't see Clod moving into the Eastern Front.

AbortedMan1
Apr-14-2014, 17:05
Everyone mentions over zealous mods on BoS forums as if none of that is happening here. Just recently an entire thread got deleted here on this forum because the discussion turned to CloD's capabilities in relation to BoS's capabilities and the mods didn't like answering the questions presented by multiple people for discussion purposes.

Don't act like this place is some free haven where everything is free speech without moderator bias.

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-14-2014, 17:15
Everyone mentions over zealous mods on BoS forums as if none of that is happening here. Just recently an entire thread got deleted here on this forum because the discussion turned to CloD's capabilities in relation to BoS's capabilities and the mods didn't like answering the questions presented by multiple people for discussion purposes.

Don't act like this place is some free haven where everything is free speech without moderator bias.

This is my first entry on this post. Welcome with you first post on the forum too.

ATAG_Bliss
Apr-14-2014, 17:53

Except what you wrote is an absolute lie. You were the one not answering the questions about capabilities that were asked. The mods not only answered questions and provided proof of said capabilities, they also went on to ask you to provide the same proof. And when you couldn't because the mods knew you were full of crap to begin with, the thread was closed and moved because it was just a troll fest. You were also banned from here. So start your shit slinging elsewhere.

1st post, too embarrassed to register with a known name on forums, and then bashing ATAG mods to boot. Not happening here.

lovely registration email btw: IgnoranceIsBliss@sharklasers.com.

darkside3/4
Apr-14-2014, 18:08
Bliss please close this thread if you can on my accord, thanks.:salute: