PDA

View Full Version : Visual damage on the 109.

The ghost
Apr-14-2014, 19:11
Not sure if this has been brought up before but I was wondering if the visual damage model for the 109 was ever really complete?

The reason I ask is because pretty much every other aircraft has a very nice visual damage model with tears in fabric, holes in metal and other details, the 109 gets a few bulletholes on the wings but not much else is visible at all other than when it is actually destroyed).

Is this just some thing that everyone kinda deals with? Is this something that is being looked at by TF?

ATAG_Bliss
Apr-14-2014, 19:19
Not sure if this has been brought up before but I was wondering if the visual damage model for the 109 was ever really complete?

The reason I ask is because pretty much every other aircraft has a very nice visual damage model with tears in fabric, holes in metal and other details, the 109 gets a few bulletholes on the wings but not much else is visible at all other than when it is actually destroyed).

Is this just some thing that everyone kinda deals with? Is this something that is being looked at by TF?

The 109 gets the same damage details as the rest of the planes do.

See the 109's shot down in this video for reference, especially the 109 sitting there getting pounded by ground crews. 303's don't make too much of a impact hole, but flak/AAA does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=polYboDQYf4

The ghost
Apr-14-2014, 19:25
I suppose I have only really put it up against British planes so I never really did have the occasion to see the more severe damage inflicted by ground fire.

Good to know that it is there.

ATAG_Lewis
Apr-14-2014, 21:10
I haven't seen that video before....Another of Pepes masterpieces me thinks...~S~

anyways...

Welcome to the community and forums The ghost....~S~

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It should save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

Beginners Guide Link Here (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711)

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...lew...

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-14-2014, 21:24
109 visual damage display is not as well done as the British Fighters... when wings break off, not as nice an illustration of jagged aluminum as Spitfire and Hurricane... who knows why.

This is on the list among the other ten billion things which would be nice to have done for TF 5.0.

One other issue relating to the 109 damage is that the individual .303 hits are not shown anymore... (or at least only a few are shown)

If these were shown, the effects of .303 fire would be much more noticeable.

Again, this is something we'd like to look at for TF 5.0. :salute:

Kling
Apr-15-2014, 01:52
And to add to Buzzaws post.

The planes in Clod did at one point have vidual damage also for light MG bullets. Meaning that if your 109 was sprayed with plenty of 303s the plane would be full of small bullet holes.
At one point however the original developers decided to remove this in their efforts to make the game run smoother.

So the code is in there somewhere. Its only for TF to find and fix it. But we dont know where... ;)