PDA

View Full Version : Script help PLEASE!!!

♣_Spiritus_♣
Apr-15-2014, 15:54
I am looking for someone who knows how to script. I will help with anything and am willing to learn what I can to help out and I have access to academia and the billions of library resources available for free.

I need a script that is much like what I have seen before in a mission with one major difference.

I want to be able to upgrade certain plane sets at certain spawn points if a train reaches its destination.

The train begins roughly at the start of the mission with maybe a 5-10 minute sleep period. Over the course of an hour it travels along the tracks until reaching its final destination. At that point, if the train reaches its final waypoint, then that side is rewarded with an upgraded plane set at certain spawn points. If it is destroyed then that side can't get the upgrade. I think this would help making trains actual targets since there is a bug that doesn't allow the destruction of trains being counted as targets destroyed. While not being a critical target in the mission, it still has a reward element which would cause players to either protect it or actively try to destroy it.

This has to be possible and I am willing to help shovel shit for whoever can help me out with this. I think this could really take our ATAG missions to another level.

No.401_Wolverine
Apr-15-2014, 17:40
Never mind the scripting. If you manage to get a train to travel around for an hour without getting stuck, disappearing, or otherwise screwing up, let me know.

It's a nice idea though.

♣_Spiritus_♣
Apr-15-2014, 17:52
I've tested three tracks, all of which worked for 1.5 hours. Only one section of about 200 yds did the train leave the tracks and go on the fields. It returned to the tracks afterwards.

And it traveled through towns, forests, over multiple size rivers on bridges with no issues.

No.401_Wolverine
Apr-15-2014, 21:25
Now try it in multiplayer with someone else.

1lokos
Apr-15-2014, 21:55
I've tested three tracks, all of which worked for 1.5 hours. Only one section of about 200 yds did the train leave the tracks and go on the fields. It returned to the tracks afterwards.

And it traveled through towns, forests, over multiple size rivers on bridges with no issues.

Seems that these sections where the vehicles dont travel are under or over terrain. You can create a deviation with "spline road" object.

When CloD are release I try set a train in Isle of Wight railways but in certain section dont have a bridge, the I use the "spline road" to complete the line:
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7324/splitelineroad.jpg

So the train cross the river, in "CloD way" of course:

http://i59.tinypic.com/260ztar.jpg

:D

Sokol1

♣_Spiritus_♣
Apr-15-2014, 22:12
Is anyone out there willing to help me test?