PDA

View Full Version : Spit I-Ia (100oct)...How I can change the Skins?

EAF51_Siggy
Apr-18-2014, 06:25
Hi, mates.
I'd like to change the Paint schemes of this two fighters, but I don't find the schemes in the directory.
Where I can find them?
Thanks.
S!ggy

ATAG_Lewis
Apr-18-2014, 10:01
OK buddy..Here's where you will find them...

Documents > 1CSoftClub > IL2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD > Paint Schemes > Skins

Bear in mind that unless you are flying on a server that has 'skins' turned on you will be the only one that can see your skin....The ATAG online server does not have Skins turned on so no one apart from you will see your skin ingame....

Welcome to the community and forums EAF51_Siggy....~S~

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It should save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

Beginners Guide Link Here (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711)

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...lew...

EAF51_Siggy
Apr-18-2014, 11:22
OK buddy..Here's where you will find them...

Documents > 1CSoftClub > IL2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD > Paint Schemes > Skins

Thanks Lewis, I found the folder this morning, but NO SPIT I-Ia (100oct) IN. I copied the Spit Ia and Spit I in, and renamed SpitMkI(100oct)-SpitMkIa(100oct), but don't work.

Bear in mind that unless you are flying on a server that has 'skins' turned on you will be the only one that can see your skin....The ATAG online server does not have Skins turned on so no one apart from you will see your skin ingame....

Why ATAG server has skin download turned off?

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Apr-18-2014, 13:02
Why ATAG server has skin download turned off?

Probably a combination of these (good, IMO) reasons;

1. It takes resources and causes lag
2. People can make "invisible" skins from the sky and land textures
3. people can make clown skins, which detract from the immersion

Robo.
Apr-18-2014, 13:22
The folder name you need to create is:

SpitfireMkIa_100oct

EAF51_Siggy
Apr-18-2014, 14:58
Thank you, Robo & Phil.:thumbsup:

EAF51_Siggy
Apr-21-2014, 05:15
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/marconedolcione/Senzatitolo-2_zpsdac1b7cd.jpg

major_setback
Apr-21-2014, 15:12
Probably a combination of these (good, IMO) reasons;

1. It takes resources and causes lag
2. People can make "invisible" skins from the sky and land textures
3. people can make clown skins, which detract from the immersion

Also you might make all enemy aircraft default skins bright pink (orange would be ok, but pink is just soooo last year). :-)

EAF51_Siggy
Apr-22-2014, 09:36
Lol!!!!

ATAG_Lewis
Apr-23-2014, 09:39
http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr232/FS_Lewis/3-1_zpseecd3c1a.png

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr232/FS_Lewis/PinkwithDaisies_zpsaa7c44d1.png

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-23-2014, 12:32
False voice

@Lewis: Dear, do you have in Beige? Or maybe gardenias?

9./JG52 Mindle
May-01-2014, 09:25
Sorry for the dumb question..

So if skins are off in the game, what does everyone else see? Is it the game default skin plus whatever squad no / tail no's we put on?

ATAG_Lewis
May-01-2014, 09:55
False voice

@Lewis: Dear, do you have in Beige? Or maybe gardenias?

lol..I knew I could count on you lols...hehe..~S~

Sorry for the dumb question..

So if skins are off in the game, what does everyone else see? Is it the game default skin plus whatever squad no / tail no's we put on?

Yes......Everyone one else will see one of the default skins unless you choose one of the skins that are already default ingame...then everyone sees that skin....The only skins they will not see is the skin that you put into your skins folder yourself if you choose that particular skin ingame....This is the case in the ATAG server because skins are turned off because it creates unnecessary lag...If you want to see what skins other folks use while they fly then you can try a different server...It will be a server that has a lower population default because when the server has skins turned on then the server has a lot more work to do and also for you to see the skins your PC will have to download them first and put them into your cache folder...It does this whilst you are in that server and then when a new player join with a new skin everyone in the server has to instantly download that skin to be able to see it ingame....hence more lag and lag spikes..This is how I understand it..

PS..No such thing as a dumb question here...Only questions that a lot of folks already know the answer to....and that should be ne reason to not ask......:)

9./JG52 Mindle
May-01-2014, 10:04
Cheers Lew. :thumbsup: