PDA

View Full Version : machine gunner

heinzknocke
Apr-19-2014, 07:27
Good Afternoon all

Hope somebody can help sometimes I would like to be the gunner in the plane, any good keys to set up the guns etc. which is best use the mouse or keys or flight stick any anybody got a set up they would be willing to share ?

Heinz :-)

SG1_Lud
Apr-19-2014, 07:34
My recommendation:

LEFT HAND
use WASD keys (like in first person shooters) to move the turret
Use the space bar for firing. (Don't use the mouse button for that, I'll explain you later why)

RIGHT HAND:
Use the mouse for move the weapon itself.

Why not fire with the mouse button: a bug prevents of moving the weapon with the mouse if this button is used)

Hope it helps is a good starting point.

S!

heinzknocke
Apr-19-2014, 07:43
Ok thanks for the fast reply i'll give it a go

Heinz

1lokos
Apr-19-2014, 12:41
Why not fire with the mouse button: a bug prevents of moving the weapon with the mouse if this button is used)

This is not a bug, just a command conflict:

In Controls > Camera > Left Mouse Button is - for default - is assigned to "Hold to Offset Camera".

If you assigned the same button in Controls > General > to "Fire Current Weapon" (MG on turret).

This cause that when you are in Turret and press Mouse Left Button for fire MG (what happen) the game
expect that the mouse movement is for Offset Camera* and don't move the MG until you release the Mouse Left Button.

*Offset camera dont happen in Turret or bombardier cockpit because they dont have '6DOF'.

Solution: Just remap "Hold to Offset Camera" to Mouse Right Button, for default this button is assigned to "Hold to Zoom Camera", this is no longer necessary because TF allow map zoom on keys/buttons. Delete the assignement for this function or remap some key, e.g. Alt - for eventual use.

The CloD "Rule of the Thumb" to maps controls is: "On same Controls category you need a exclusive key for each command - and each command can be use how many keys you want.
In different Controls category you can use the key already assigned in other category - and each command can be use how many keys you want."

This have advantages in some cases, for example, the same key (tab) that I use for "Glance at dashboard" (in View) is mapped to change FOV for 70 (beyond the default "End", in Camera), this give me a momentary view of instruments with the best POV possible with one key press. :thumbsup:

In other cases, like happen with fire MG, can prevail the "Murphy Law", so test the result. :D

Sokol1