PDA

View Full Version : Ship convoy speed

♣_Spiritus_♣
Apr-19-2014, 21:57
Any recommendations for ship speed while making ship convoys? Keller recommended me ask what you vet map makers have found works best for this and I agree with him.

Thanks!

No.401_Wolverine
Apr-20-2014, 00:27
Squiz from |450| just spend a TON of time working with the ships and he's reached a lot of conclusions. You'd have to speak to him about it, though. Come by our TS on a Saturday night and I'm sure he'd be happy to give you his findings.

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Apr-20-2014, 06:59
Really it depends on where you want them to be at the end of the mission. In most of my missions speed is set to 10km. If they are an objective you just need to be sure they never reach their final waypoint.

There are significant bugs with many of the ship types in the multiplayer. The tankers seems to be about the only ship worthy of use. Minensuchboots & Corvettes tend to flip upside down, barges can't keep pace with other ships and are easily blown off course by wind. The other types are too small to even be seen. Fishing boats work ok, though why would you need to attack fishing boats? I just discovered a new bug with LCA's in Sealion where other ships attack LCA's even though they are attached to the same army. Medium tankers will sometimes spawn with a slight list and will not be able to keep speed with the others and fall behind. If that isn't enough to make you pull your hair out, all of the water within 10-15 km of the coasts is bugged post TF4.0. Players will have a hell of a time trying to attack a ship when their bombs go below the surface of the map. :grrr:

It's a lot of trial and error.

♣_Spiritus_♣
Apr-20-2014, 10:56
Haha thanks Hans, yeah I have mine all set at 10 or 9. I watched both the red and blue ships on x16 for the four hour duration and it was a lot of "hey, why is that cargo ship going twice as fast as that other one!", quit, adjust, repeat.

Thanks again