PDA

View Full Version : The virtual II./JG53 Cliffs Of Dover Squadron.

MADDMANN
Jan-17-2012, 02:31
We are a group of flight sim enthusiasts who fly co-operative missions online using the Il2 - Cliffs of Dover game by Oleg Maddox's 1c and Ubisoft.

We are always welcoming new recruits into our group from all over the world. We are primarily a Bf109 Squadron however we do also have a Bomber section that operates alongside our fighter operations.

Our Bf109 Gruppe is seperated into three Staffels based upon geographical locaton and an additional staffel for IL2 1946 modded:

Staffel 4,Weisse = UK/EU
Staffel 5, Rote = USA/ CAN
Staffel 6, Gelbe = AUS/ NZ
Staffel 8, Schwartz = IL2 46

We also have a Kampfgeschwader staffel which flies bomber aircraft and dive bomber aircraft called II./KG53 which accepts members from all over the globe.

We offer a comprehensive training programme through the Luftkriegsschule compromising of several classes ranging from basic pilot school to advanced schools for each chosen career path. The Luftkriegsschule is open February 2012, And we will be able to help new pilots even more with its in depth nature.

In order to join us you don't need to be an ace, we take everyone no matter what skill providing you are a mature person who wishes to share in the co-op nature of this simulation.

Recruiting For the Next JG53 Flight school Class Rotaion
http://www.IIjg53.com

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-17-2012, 08:47
Welcome to the ATAG forum, MADMANN! Looking forward to flying "against" you and II./JG53 and II./KG53 on the ATAG server. When we get some inter-squad sessions up and running later in this New Year, we'll be sure to let you know!

Good flying,

Snapper :salute:

MADDMANN
Jan-17-2012, 17:03
Ty for the warm welcome.

Best to you and the ATAG gent's!
:salute:

MADDMANN
Feb-03-2012, 20:31
It's my honor to state the JG53 Training school is now open.

Its 1st class will take off Saturday Feb 11, at 19:00 GMT
There is 5 basic classes that are required to fly Coop Missions in II./JG53

We are looking for fighter and Bomber pilots. All skill levels are welcome!
www.iijg53.com
~S~

JG53_Valantine
Feb-06-2012, 13:27
Just to echo what Maddmann was already said here:

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t211/JG53_Valantine/BFS.png

II./JG53 is now accepting new recruits across all time zones. We have recently created an entirely new training programme based off of our Training Staff's experience with the highly successful Joint Ops programme. As such all new entrants are required to participate in the Basic Flight School in order to graduate into one of our main Staffels and begin operating in our official campaign missions.

The first "Class" will be beginning the Basic Flight School very soon which will consist of 4 sessions on a Saturday evening commencing at 19:00 GMT. Places in this class are running out fast with only three seats remaining. If you do not secure a place in Class one please feel free to sign up still, there will just be a little wait before Class two commences.

We recruit pilots from across the Globe for both the Bf109 and the Ju88. Our group is primarily a BF109 group with Weisse Staffel operating out of Europe, Rote Staffel operating out of the USA, Gelbe Staffel operating out of Australia and our Kampf Staffel flying alongside the three main fighter staffels as pilots timezones permit. Obviously if you are assigned to one Staffel you are most certainly free to fly with the others as and when you are able to do so.

If you are a Bf109 or Ju88 pilot within the Cliffs of Dover game engine and fancy flying a co-operative campaign that spans the entire war (currently performing operations over France in early June 1940) with a bunch of friendly chaps from various places across the globe then please feel free to check out the JG53 website found here at www.iijg53.com

Please note, as a group we no longer support IL2 46 - although many of our members do continue to fly IL2 46 online via hyperlobby as a group all of our missions and training are conducted in the Cliffs of Dover game engine. Please feel free to look around our website and see if we are the right group for you, if you have any questions then the public area of the forum can be posted on without registration where we will answer your questions as best as possible.

I hope to see you in the virtual skies with us soon.
V

JG53_Valantine
Feb-07-2012, 14:09
Only two slots remaining in Class one of the Basic Flight School.
Training will be commencing on Saturday 11th at 19:00 GMT so to ensure you get on the course you'll need to sign up as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Hope to see you in the air with us soon!
V

JG53_Valantine
Jun-09-2012, 14:29
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t211/JG53_Valantine/recruitmentphoto2.png

Greetings all!

We have recently created an entirely new training programme based off of our Training Staff's experience with the highly successful Joint Ops programme. As such all new entrants are required to participate in the Basic Flight School in order to graduate into one of our main Staffels and begin operating in our official campaign missions.

The second "Class" will be beginning the Basic Flight School very soon. Places in this class are likely to run out quite quickly, however if demand is high we may run two classes consecutively to facilitate as many new recruits as possible.

JG53 is currently preparing to run Class Two of our Basic Flight School - as such we are once again recruiting pilots from all over the globe to fly BF109's and Ju88's with us.

We are an IL2 Cliffs of Dover squadron, as such we no longer accept applications from pilots with the older IL2 series. We are currently running CloD with the altest Beta patch and mini-fix and are having great successes running with this game engine with 9+ pilots on per mission.

We are a group that has been around flying actively since 2006 so we are no fly by night squadron, if you'll pardon the pun, and have a dedicated membership; all of various experience and knowledge, all of us share the comraderie of flying together and enjoying this simulation as a team.

We are looking for pilots from all over the globe as we have staffels to match the vast majority of time zones:

Weisse Staffel is the European staffel flying at 20:00 (London) time on both Tuesdays and Sundays.

Rote Staffel is the USA and CAN staffel flying at 20:00 (US EST) time on both Tuesdays and Sundays.

Gelbe Staffel is the Australian and New Zealand staffel flying at 20:00 (WAST) on Wednesdays and Sundays.

Our Kampf (Bomber) Staffel operates across all three time zones and is a recent addition to our group. It operates in the same missions as our main fighter staffels however the amount of interaction between fighers and bombers varies dependant on the mission briefings for each element, sometimes it is a close co-operation, other times we head in different directions to one another to complete different objectives.

For those who are struggling with the sim, are new to flight sims or simply find no joy in flying about we have also recently openeda "third" career stream within JG53 alongside the Fighter and Bomber Pilot roles - that of Aircrew. Members of Aircrew will conduct a range of activities from being Bombardiers, to air gunners, to when implimented being Flak gunners and even supply runners between bases. - This is of course a VERY early draft of this career path and is still very much open to many more changes as the game progresses.

We recruit pilots from across the Globe for both the Bf109 and the Ju88. Our group is primarily a BF109 group with Weisse Staffel operating out of Europe, Rote Staffel operating out of the USA, Gelbe Staffel operating out of Australia and our Kampf Staffel flying alongside the three main fighter staffels as pilots timezones permit. Obviously if you are assigned to one Staffel you are most certainly free to fly with the others as and when you are able to do so.

This Co-Op campaign runs the length of the war: beginning with the Spanish Civil War, through to Poland, the Sitzkrieg, Lowlands, Battle of France and Currently - the Battle of Britain as we are operating over right now with each pilot persona being tracked.

For more information on how we fly and what we are about pelase feel free to check out our website at www.iijg53.com or post in the Public area of our forum that does not require registration to post.

Our current recruitment drive is primarily geared towards: FIGHTER PILOTS from ALL time Zones, however those wishing to apply for other roles are more than welcome to apply at this time.

So, if flying with a friendly bunch of like minded chaps sounds like your idea of fun then feel free to check us out at www.iijg53.com

Hope to see you in the virtual skies soon!
V

Hauptmann Valantine Zimmermann
Kommandeur
II./JG53
www.iijg53.com

ChiefRedCloud
Jun-10-2012, 15:38
Valantine I like who ever does your art work. Nicely done ....:thumbsup:

JG53_Valantine
Jun-10-2012, 18:59
Thanks very much, some of it is done by me but the really impressive "airfield" shots are by Gelbe Staffelkapitain Tarjak - he's done a whole series for us and they are simply mind blowing - he's got threads for his artwork at M4T / Subsim flight-sim area as well, really great stuff that!
We've got a placeholder gallery on our website, it's not 100% and is only a few images but still a good display piece ;)

http://www.iijg53.com/images.html

Cheers
V

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-11-2012, 08:57
Training: what a concept: for the Blue side as well: hummmm

so what this means that there will be blue side pilots that actually know what they are doing,

Dutch get yer butt out of the Pub we need to practice !!!!:blush!:

Marmus
Jun-20-2012, 16:41
Knuckles,

Here is one of our training videos to help get new pilots associated with how to bomb in a Bf-109.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah-5EtFUhP0

ATAG_Snapper
Jun-20-2012, 18:36
That was a great video, Marmus! :thumbsup:

Marmus
Jun-20-2012, 19:52
Thanks...That was by our head training officer, Otto. I will let him know!

JG53_Valantine
Jul-17-2012, 17:58
Not quite a recruitment update (although of course you can always feel free to check us out ;) ...... ) this is instead primarily a presentation to the flight sim community as a whole of the progress CloD has made to this point and why we shoudl all give it a try again.

Whilst CloD has had its ups and downs one of JG53's talented Movie Makers has put together a video as a bit of an inspiration for the flight sim community to once again pick up and play CloD:

So without further Ado - please allow me to present;

Cliffs of Dover - A New Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y47H8pFMDE&feature=player_embedded

And of course, JG53 is still recruiting Bf109 Pilots, Ju88 Pilots and "Aircrew" throughout all time zones! If you are interested Join now and you should be able to get a place on our Basic Flight School Class Two starting shortly.
V

II/JG53_TarJak
Dec-05-2012, 06:46
Valantine I like who ever does your art work. Nicely done ....:thumbsup:

I've set up a thread here with some of my screenshot art: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?2500-TarJaks-Screenshots&p=23529#post23529

JG53_Valantine
Jan-12-2013, 07:57
Just a bit of a bump to let everyone know that now woudl be a great time to sign up as our training staff are about to launch another Basic Flight School program for our recruits.
Places are limited and going fast.
V

Mancspartan
Mar-04-2013, 09:27
Hiya all

Just thought I`d post, now I`ve had time to settle in at II./JG53.

I joined just over a month ago, and completed the Basic Flight School 3 weeks ago, and I`m now flying in official missions. I know there are a lot of friendly people within the flying community and these guys are no different. They have helped me no end with all the issues that come with joining a new squad - from graphic and technical issues (inc the latest windows update problem - thanks Volker), to plane and manoeuver issues. The advice has not only been A1, but has been given with plenty of understanding and patience - I need telling several times before it sinks in :)

We have people from all over Europe, USA, Australia and New Zealand.

So if you`re thinking of joining a squad with a group ethos, and a nice relaxed attitude then don`t hesitate to try II./JG53.

Cheers

mason
Oct-26-2013, 16:50
I am new to the game and would like ot find a German flying squad. The link goes to an Arma page. Is this squad not active anymore?

Thanks,
Mason

Mattias
Oct-26-2013, 17:10
I am new to the game and would like ot find a German flying squad. The link goes to an Arma page. Is this squad not active anymore?

Thanks,
Mason

I'm afraid the mighty II/JG53 is no more :(

But there are plenty of other squads out there and I'm sure you will find one browsing this forum :thumbsup:

Cheers/m

mason
Oct-27-2013, 21:48
thanks, appreciate the info

Uwe
Nov-15-2013, 23:17

I'm afraid the mighty II/JG53 is no more :(

But there are plenty of other squads out there and I'm sure you will find one browsing this forum :thumbsup:

Cheers/m

Woah, what happened?

Marmus
Nov-16-2013, 21:22
Arma 3.

IIJG27Rich
Nov-17-2021, 20:01
Cool that's an oldie I never saw