PDA

View Full Version : I hope CLoD does not have this problem!

ATAG_Colander
Jan-17-2012, 15:29
For the NVIDIA setup I take out the GTX 580, and insert a GTX 590. When I now startup the game 'BAM', again an activation is required. Once again I fill out the key and now Ubisoft is thanking me with the message that I ran out of activations.

From: http://www.guru3d.com/news/why-guru3d-probably-never-will-review-ubisoft-titles-anymore/

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-17-2012, 15:57
Uh oh. Since installing CoD I've had the following video cards:

1) GTX 285
2) GTX 560 Ti
3) GTX 560 Ti x 2 (SLI)

Guess I better stop with the upgrades! :inq:

ATAG_Septic
Jan-17-2012, 17:13
Uh oh. Since installing CoD I've had the following video cards:

1) GTX 285
2) GTX 560 Ti
3) GTX 560 Ti x 2 (SLI)

Guess I better stop with the upgrades! :inq:

Just off the top of my head; my copy of clod has been on at least five completely different PCs, with any combination of Nvidia 590's x 2 HD 5970, GTX260 x. I think it's been on my laptop too. I've never been asked to re-activate, maybe it's a new thing? Maybe it's tied to Windows re-activation on older OS's?

Cheers Old Bean.

[FFCW]Urizen
Jan-20-2012, 05:56
The above linked article is about Anno 2070, which uses a system completely different to that of CloD. CloD is tied to Steam, which doesnґt have that kind of activation process for most games.

104th_MoGas
Jan-20-2012, 07:57
Its about Anno 2070 and not CloD........Have changed several parts on my computer, no lost of key`s...

:dthumb:

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-20-2012, 09:15
That's reassuring info -- thanks, folks. But we still have to be ever-vigilant for crap like this. For the small amount I use Steam (CoD only), Steam has actually worked very well for me. As long as I don't try to sell my purchase or even give it away!

104th_MoGas
Jan-20-2012, 11:30
That's reassuring info -- thanks, folks. But we still have to be ever-vigilant for crap like this. For the small amount I use Steam (CoD only), Steam has actually worked very well for me. As long as I don't try to sell my purchase or even give it away!

same here, only ClOD is a steam product what I have, no issues at all.

ATAG_Torian
Jan-20-2012, 11:30
I have CloD on 3 PCs and have reinstalled a few times from Steam no probs.
Has been one good aspect of Steam in that I never have to worry about disks
or activations. Steam will detect u are installing on a new PC
and will send a security code to ur email address just to make sure
it is u installing it there but u can do that as many times as u want.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-20-2012, 11:53
Just off the top of my head; my copy of clod has been on at least five completely different PCs, with any combination of Nvidia 590's x 2 HD 5970, GTX260 x. I think it's been on my laptop too. I've never been asked to re-activate, maybe it's a new thing? Maybe it's tied to Windows re-activation on older OS's?

Cheers Old Bean.

Same here, Septic.

I've reinstalled multiple times and have installed it on multiple machines without ever an issue. :thumbsup: