PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 Control Layout mapped out in Excel

ANON6_BigGinger
Jan-21-2012, 11:33
I recently shared my excel spread sheet that maps out all the controls in IL-2 COD with a new player (although not a new pilot) and he was thrilled to have it and insisted I should share it with everyone on the ATAG forum.

I am not sure where I should post this or even if I can upload an attachment to the forum. So if I ATAG member would like to review it and find a home for it I would be glad to share something that would really help new pilots to the game.

Thanks.

Scooter

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-21-2012, 11:49
Hi Scooter, and welcome to the ATAG server! :Grin:

Thanks for your generous offer. I'm not sure how to upload files to this forum at the moment, but feel free to send it to me personally (drilstone at yahoo dot com) and we'll figure something out. (Meaning one of the ATAG admins will see this and bail me out once again..... LOL).

Incredibly the 1C devs never saw fit to include something like this in the game, or at least make the Controls GUI screens easily printable. Fortunately enterprising players like yourself leap into the breach and are kind enough to pass on the fruits of their efforts.

Thanks in advance for your contribution and hope you stop by here a lot. The 71st are a great bunch!

Snapper :salute:

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-21-2012, 16:36
Hi and welcome Scooter,

To attach just click the paperclip looking icon in the header of your post. Use the advanced reply option to see it, and attach away!

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-21-2012, 17:04
Thanks, Bliss. I knew it would be something simple like that! :inq:

ANON6_BigGinger
Jan-23-2012, 01:50
I think the file types are limited as an attachment on this forum. this file is a excel spreadsheet so its very common to have a filter to block it because of the macro capability to run functions within excel.

I will forward it to snapper if you could pass this on to an admin I am sure they can check it out and find a way to post it.

Scooter

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-23-2012, 01:53
Hey Scooter,

All you need to do is .zip it or use WinRar and .rar it before you attach it. This is done for security reasons etc.

But you can attach .zip/.rar files all you want!