PDA

View Full Version : Selecting replay makes computer 'hang' requires hard reset :(

Mysticpuma
Apr-28-2014, 11:30
Only started happening today in DCS P-51.
Go to load replay and firewall popped up saying dcs wanted to access a file, which I okayed. Then another zonealarm warning and again I okayed, finally just after the screen goes black to go to loading replay screen I saw a message again from zonealram saying DCS wanted to access the internet...but I couldn't click okay and the computer hung with the rotating icon showing something is loading.

So I rebooted the PC, did the same again, no message from zonealarm....computer hung.

Switch off, reboot, this time I manually added DCS to firewall exclusions....PC hangs on loading a replay :(

Any ideas?

Cheers, MP

ANON6_Wolfie
Apr-29-2014, 01:39
Hi mysticpuma.

It seems that DCS had a update to 1.2.8 around the time you posted this. A conflict caused by that maybe ?

Mysticpuma
Apr-29-2014, 03:04
I found the cause but can't properly fix it :(

It is the firewall.

When the game launches, that's fine but when loading a mission or replay it wants to.access the internet as a window pops up. However once DCS is running I can't get back to the desktop to click 'allow' in the pop up window.

TCtrl+Alt+Del brings up the task manager but I can't see the desktop as it's black, so I can't click on the pop up window. Also I tried to quit the Launcher process for DCS and it wont quit, even ending process tree wont quit it. Once there I can only do a hard reset and then obviously the firewall pop up window has gone :(

In the end I went into the Firewall and added DCS and this still didn't work, so in the very end the only way to get it working is each time I want to use DCS, I have to go into my Firewall and turn on game mode....every time :(

But it works.

Cheers, MP

9./JG52 Ziegler
Apr-29-2014, 08:00
MP, I had the same problems with zone alarm. It was frustrating to the point that I switched to Panda Cloud and never looked back. Tiny footprint, uses very little resourses, never have to update and is gaming friendly (once added to allow list). I use the free version also and have never had a problem.