PDA

View Full Version : BlackSix update on 1C. It gets closer and closer.

Doc
Jan-23-2012, 09:16
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=383343#post383343

Monday Update:

We are actively working on a patch, there is some progress in optimizing graphics. However, the resulting performance data and information about changes in the near patch we will publish when we are 100% sure of the result, please wait.
Also, this Friday we'll post some screenshots of the new aircraft from the sequel.
Thank you for your understanding and expectation!

My question is what AC are you looking forward to seeing? For me I hope there will be a Bf-109F-4. :goofy:

ATAG_Knuckles
Jan-23-2012, 09:32
Beaufighter for me

Knucks

Dutch
Jan-23-2012, 09:34
I-16 and IL2 will do me fine when Battle for Moscow comes along.

Yep I fly red on the eastern front too!

As to the patch for Cliffs, when that will be, who knows?
'Some progress' doesn't sound too hot, but '100% sure' implies no Beta and straight up to Steam.

Or am I reading too much into this?

ATAG_Colander
Jan-23-2012, 11:27
I-16 and IL2 will do me fine when Battle for Moscow comes along.

Yep I fly red on the eastern front too!

As to the patch for Cliffs, when that will be, who knows?
'Some progress' doesn't sound too hot, but '100% sure' implies no Beta and straight up to Steam.

Or am I reading too much into this?

I read it as "This time, you will see it when it's done and not before".

Doc
Jan-23-2012, 12:33
Oh wow I look forward to seeing what Cliffs of Dover I-16 is like to fly.

I think Colander is correct. You will see it when it is ready.

Dutch
Jan-23-2012, 12:59
'When it's ready' is just what I mean by straight up to steam. Maybe.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-23-2012, 20:56
Looks like we may get a more in-depth update this Friday. Hopefully we'll see some screenies from the graphics work. I don't mind seeing stuff from BoM, (who's ready to fly an IL2 with me? :Grin:), but I'm still more interested in them getting all the BoB stuff squared away 1st. If they can get all the stuff figured out with the BoB or the game engine itself, I think the rest of the series can finally start to be smooth sailing.

Either way, I can't wait for the fixes. I wanna make that 3 hour Ju88 sortie with 20 people in formation without fear of crashing to desktop!

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-23-2012, 21:13
I'm encouraged that work still goes on with CoD. Despite all the promises and assurances, we know that reality can intervene at any time and pull the plug on any project -- especially a low volume title like CoD. Likewise for the sequel. Personally, I don't have a lot of interest in the BoM theatre. But the likelihood is that what's good for BoM will be good for CoD. So I can only wish the devs the greatest success with BoM and intend to fully support it -- initially by purchasing it. I'm supremely confident that ATAG will find room for a dedicated BoM Server, certainly to play host to our good Russian friends! :thumbsup:

Dutch
Jan-24-2012, 09:45
Personally, I don't have a lot of interest in the BoM theatre. But the likelihood is that what's good for BoM will be good for CoD. So I can only wish the devs the greatest success with BoM and intend to fully support it -- initially by purchasing it. I'm supremely confident that ATAG will find room for a dedicated BoM Server, certainly to play host to our good Russian friends! :thumbsup:

Wow. Did you never fly an IL2 in the old series mate? All that ordnance and huge cannons! And all those tanks and trains to dispose of! Very satisfying.

I've got over my initial grump about BoM now taking priority, but I agree that my first wish is for the BoB scenario to benefit first.

If things run true to the old series, it should be possible to have both running on the same server, cycling through different scenarios in different theatres as each mission ends. Should be. I hope.

Sorry for OT.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-24-2012, 16:58
Wow. Did you never fly an IL2 in the old series mate? All that ordnance and huge cannons! And all those tanks and trains to dispose of! Very satisfying.

I've got over my initial grump about BoM now taking priority, but I agree that my first wish is for the BoB scenario to benefit first.

If things run true to the old series, it should be possible to have both running on the same server, cycling through different scenarios in different theatres as each mission ends. Should be. I hope.

Sorry for OT.

Gonna have to agree with Dutch on this one. The Russian front is gonna be awesome. Definitely some of the best times I had in old IL2 was flying the Russian planes. I can't wait for the IL2, and the I-16 will always have a special place in my heart. :Grin:

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-24-2012, 18:30
Listening to you guys, I have to admit I'm warming up to it. When the BoM sequel was first announced over at 1C I initially expressed my doubts to its economic viability -- my thinking being that for most of the Western world this was anunkown theatre. Of course, I was set straight very quickly when reminded of the huge IL2 following in Russia alone, augmented by a strong European market franchise.

My eyes were opened on that one. Even though a Canuck, I tend to be a mix of US-centric with some Brit and Aussie thrown in. Add some South African because I spent 10 days there drinking their wine. But Russia? Who flies flight sims in Russia? Heh. Like I said -- my eyes were opened.

So. Bring on Battle of Moscow!

(where? :eek:) LOL

Dutch
Jan-24-2012, 19:59
my thinking being that for most of the Western world this was an unknown theatre.

Well it pretty much was for me too until I was given a game called IL2 Sturmovik ten years ago, and that made me look into the history of the Eastern front etc.

If it's gonna be a new experience for you, all I can say is that you're going to have so much fun with the game, and if you look into the history......well let's just say it's an eye-opener for us westerners. :eek:

ATAG_Knuckles
Jan-24-2012, 20:45
Thanks for that insight Dutch, I too was not really excited about BOM but I understand what you are stating !!

However I'm still gonna pout for not getting my Beaufighter Errrrrrr!!!

Knuckles

Dutch
Jan-27-2012, 05:19
the I-16 will always have a special place in my heart. :Grin:

Hoo-yah!

Doc
Jan-27-2012, 15:51
BoM will be a theater that I will probably flip-flop sides on frequently. I-16 gets 2 :dthumb: from me.