PDA

View Full Version : ¨The first pictures of the new Fw190 (BOS)

Kling
Apr-28-2014, 23:32
http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/6064-first-screenshots-fw190-game/

She looks stunning!

LuseKofte
Apr-29-2014, 00:20
Yes it looks absolutely beautiful

9./JG52_Meyer
Apr-29-2014, 03:10
Bootifull indeed :thumbsup:

ATAG_Lewis
Apr-29-2014, 22:20
I use to fly this a lot in the original IL2...Its my favourite Luftwaffe aircraft...I love its looks from when I made a 1/72 scale when I was about 13 or so....but whats that on its tail...Don't tell me they have gone for the non-historical but PC version of the swastika...Oh well....I'd rather not see one at all than see something else..

You can imagine how thrilled I was when I saw this baby fly at Duxford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP4ekEkwLE0

LuseKofte
Apr-30-2014, 08:53
The swasika is illegal in many countries. I said they should leave it empty if the real one Could not be used. They litterly called me a nazi for that :(

aus3620
Apr-30-2014, 23:38
Thx for the vid Lewis.
Great looking plane.
Tend to agree re the tail markings - put it on, but understand politics says they can't, so why not leave the tail "unmarked" (although to me, it looks incomplete without it).
No doubt some will like it as marked in BOS, so all down to aesthetic taste I guess.

The ghost
May-01-2014, 00:33
The markings are okay by me, I don't really like the idea that a historical sim can't have Swastika's but I can understand the legal and societal pressures at play that keep developers from adding such things, in short, it is probably not worth the grief in the end.

Still, it is nice that they kinda do their best to give us a decent stand-in and to be honest, it is not like they are going to stop skin makers from adding them in anyway (as is the case with many a sim these days).

that FW-190 looks great, I can't wait to put it through it's paces.

Archie
May-01-2014, 02:17
it is not like they are going to stop skin makers from adding them in anyway (as is the case with many a sim these days).

Good luck with that...

Foul Ole Ron
May-01-2014, 04:26
I don't think you'll see the swastika markings on official servers if they're run and owned by BOS as being a Russian company that would mean they'd be breaking local law.

I'm sure correct historical markings will be available on private servers though.

The ghost
May-01-2014, 15:20
Good luck with that...

From what I understand, the developers of Battle of Stalingrad have made it pretty clear that user-made skins will be allowed on non-ranked servers, as such, it would not be difficult for any existing IL-2 German Squadron to make skins and use them on non-ranked servers (and in the end, who gives a crap about rankings on a leaderboard when it comes to simulations).

There has been some confusion about user-made skins on the Battle of Stalingrad forums, some users seem to think that there will be no user-made skins even after the developers have made it clear that there will indeed be user-made skins allowed.

LizLemon
May-07-2014, 03:38
IIRC the nose down attitude in level flight was brought up back in il2/46,

And iirc maddox and a modern day 190 driver shot that idea out of the sky.

Doing a quick search on google I can't find much substantiating that the 190 has its nose down when flying level. Is this right or did oleg and co get it wrong?

Kling
May-07-2014, 04:15
Ive read many sources about that 190s nose down attitude in flight and honestly I was happily surprised to see that the 190 has it in BOS! :)

Kling
May-07-2014, 04:21
Air Fighting Development Unit Report on Captured 190A3 - Duxford - August 1942 had this to say:

"Sighting View
The sighting view, when sitting comfortably in the normal position, is about half a ring (of deflection) better than that from the Spitfire. The view downwards from the centre of the sight graticule of the edge of the reflector plate holder is about 5 degrees. This view is not obtained by elevating the guns (and consequently the sight) relative to the line of flight, but is entirely due to the attitude of the aircraft in flight, which is nose down."

LuseKofte
May-07-2014, 05:14
The development of the Bearcat was largely based on the FW-190 , but I am confused by all reports from the pilots. It seems to me the short nosed FW did not get a huge praise from the pilots and most of the FW pilots believed the change of engine and long nose FW was a massive improvement.
However The Spit developed to keep up with the FW and same goes for the russian opponents .
I read several times that many pilots still preferred the 109. But historians praise it as innovative and best all-round fighter of its days.
Am I wrong? or is it the tactical use of this plane what the historians refers to and the pilots refers to its actual performance. Like early models overheating problems.
I know all had a good turn rate

Continu0
May-07-2014, 05:44
Ive read many sources about that 190s nose down attitude in flight and honestly I was happily surprised to see that the 190 has it in BOS! :)

Interesting that this Veteran says that the nose-down was only in the D-9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLE9G7qVnmQ#t=188

He actually says he prefered the 109 over the 190 because he could easily see over the nose...:- )

LuseKofte
May-07-2014, 05:53
http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/6242-interview-and-flight-109-fighter-ace/#entry115514

the translation is down the side. Yes I heard this also.

Kling
May-07-2014, 06:22
Interesting that this Veteran says that the nose-down was only in the D-9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLE9G7qVnmQ#t=188

He actually says he prefered the 109 over the 190 because he could easily see over the nose...:- )

Well the report I linked to is from August 1942. Not many D9s around by then ;)