PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion Patches/Installers and details all in the first post of this thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

56RAF_klem
Mar-21-2014, 05:21
Finally I got time to try to install. Help is needed.

I'm following the instructions here:
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9352

When I try to install into that main folder I get a warning:

"Folder does not contain the pre-requisite MOD version"

When I instead try to install into a separate folder I have for TF 4.0, I get this warning:

"Install the Clod Mod?
Target directory is C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/SteamApps/common/IL-2SturmovikMOD4
any existing files will be renamed to ".ModinstallBackup 21-3-14-1-35-47"

Should I install here despite this warning?

Any help is appreciated.

I don't know if you fixed this with Lolsav on TS but it seems your confusion is over which folder to install it to.......

1. "Folder does not contain the pre-requisite MOD version"
This suggest you left the default "C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/SteamApps/common/IL-2Sturmovik" folder in the install 'target' entry box and that it contains the original stock version of CoD. This seems to be confirmed by your later reference to the v4.0 folder "C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/SteamApps/common/IL-2SturmovikMOD4"

2. If you have already created v4.0 in this folder:
"C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/SteamApps/common/IL-2SturmovikMOD4"
then that is where you install it. Browse to it in the target install box.

3. "When I instead try to install into a separate folder I have for TF 4.0, I get this warning:"
The message is more advisory than a warning and in fact you don't need to keep those backed up files if you don't want to but many people do. In any case, if anyone wanted to roll back to v4.0 from v4.3 (and be very alone!) it would probably take a Thread of its own.

Hope that helps.

BlackJack
Mar-21-2014, 06:27
"...v4.3 is most likely the only update team Fusion will release until v5.0, which will then take us into another theatre of war.

I could post much more, but we realize that you'll most likely already have skipped past this and have the file downloading."

Can you tell us what this new theater will be? I have an idea its Malta but have you considered The Battle for France, (with the addition of French aircraft) September 1939 to June 1940?

many thanks in advance.
BlackJack.

LcSummers
Mar-21-2014, 07:41
Thanks. And thanks for enlightening me regarding the mod enabler (http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/251022-using-jonesoft-generic-mod-enabler/).

You are welcome!

S! and good luck for installation.

Mysticpuma
Mar-21-2014, 08:17
Can you tell us what this new theater will be? I have an idea its Malta but have you considered The Battle for France, (with the addition of French aircraft) September 1939 to June 1940?

many thanks in advance.
BlackJack.

Not at this current time. :recon:

At this moment TF are having some well earned down time, although individuals are carrying on with their own projects at their own leisure when and if they want to.

There are intended to be some very large changes to the MOD including a new Theatre, sound revisions, Ai re-writes, variants and hopefully new aircraft (very time consuming!) and much more. For now TF don't want to put any pressure on themselves to deliver something that may not come to fruition, so for now, we have a roadmap but we're just enjoying what we've done (as it appears are the majority of players) and the updates will start again maybe in 4-6 weeks time.

Since the patch release I know some members of Tf have flown online for the first time in months, now they are having the chance to get some rest and enjoy the game. The main problem is that when you work intensively on an area of the MOD (and for some that should read many areas), you start to burn out and become jaded, then lose heart and then if you don't get some rest, you may just give up.

At this moment in time, this is down time and rest and relaxation.

We'll be back..but for now, it's fun time ;)

Cheers, MP

major_setback
Mar-21-2014, 14:19
Can you jump on TS setback, so we can talk this with speed :)

To answer the question: Yes! You know how the guy who made the install does not like to delete anything ;)

Sorry, I'm a hugely technically incompetent. I don't use Teamspeak, or hardly know what it is...I presume it is like a telephone, but then I'm only guessing. I would appreciate any advice though.

ATAG_Colander
Mar-21-2014, 15:04
Finally I got time to try to install. Help is needed.

I'm following the instructions here:
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9352

When I try to install into that main folder I get a warning:

"Folder does not contain the pre-requisite MOD version"

When I instead try to install into a separate folder I have for TF 4.0, I get this warning:

"Install the Clod Mod?
Target directory is C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/SteamApps/common/IL-2SturmovikMOD4
any existing files will be renamed to ".ModinstallBackup 21-3-14-1-35-47"

Should I install here despite this warning?

Any help is appreciated.

That message is more an information than a warning.
What is saying is that any file that already exists, will be renamed to ".ModinstallBackup 21-3-14-1-35-47" instead of being overwritten by the new file in the MOD.

Go ahead and click YES :D

Yblad
Mar-21-2014, 16:15
As stated in the post above the torrent link is broken. The other version takes some 5 hours to download, please someone put it back up.

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-21-2014, 16:59
I see a donation option in The ATAG Banner,I'd like to make a donation for hosting The TF patches and help with Band-with costs.Cheers

Hi Phantom - Thanks alot!

ATAG supplies hosting for TF ($40/month), a second server for TF ($100/month), and a download service for all the patches for TF. All the terabytes of data this month, thus far, since the patch has been released is already over $70 alone just in that service. So donating most definitely does help it keep alive. I just wanted to let you know because Phil's comments made it sound like ATAG has absolutely nothing to do with TF, which is clearly untrue. ATAG is what supports all TF's financial needs etc.

Thanks again! :salute:

major_setback
Mar-21-2014, 17:08
That message is more an information than a warning.
What is saying is that any file that already exists, will be renamed to ".ModinstallBackup 21-3-14-1-35-47" instead of being overwritten by the new file in the MOD.

Go ahead and click YES :D

OK, thanks a lot, I appreciate the help. I am quite wary of these kind of warnings as I find getting out of messes a lot harder than taking the cautious approach.
I seem to remember getting the same message before installing TF 4.0. Some of the skins were renamed, but nothing else noticeable.
I'll back up a few things and go ahead with the install.

Cheers.

Mysticpuma
Mar-21-2014, 17:45
Mediafire links:

v3.00 Mod Installer:

https://www.mediafire.com/?fyrebr8777hmvco

v3.01 Mod Installer:

https://www.mediafire.com/?yolp119bboohr2a

or Adrive links:

Mod Installer v3.00:

http://www.adrive.com/public/unsZmJ/Mod Installer v3.00.exeMod Installer v4.00

Mod Installer v3.01:

http://www.adrive.com/public/B76CPb/Minipatch 3.01 Mod Installer.exe

(if someone could add these to the first post that would be great ;)

major_setback
Mar-21-2014, 17:48
It's working now. Thanks again!
:salute:

BlackJack
Mar-22-2014, 07:24
Not at this current time. :recon:

At this moment TF are having some well earned down time, although individuals are carrying on with their own projects at their own leisure when and if they want to.

There are intended to be some very large changes to the MOD including a new Theatre, sound revisions, Ai re-writes, variants and hopefully new aircraft (very time consuming!) and much more. For now TF don't want to put any pressure on themselves to deliver something that may not come to fruition, so for now, we have a roadmap but we're just enjoying what we've done (as it appears are the majority of players) and the updates will start again maybe in 4-6 weeks time.

Since the patch release I know some members of Tf have flown online for the first time in months, now they are having the chance to get some rest and enjoy the game. The main problem is that when you work intensively on an area of the MOD (and for some that should read many areas), you start to burn out and become jaded, then lose heart and then if you don't get some rest, you may just give up.

At this moment in time, this is down time and rest and relaxation.

We'll be back..but for now, it's fun time ;)

Cheers, MP

Many, many thanks for this excellent mod, it is simply the best and thanks for the above information which has been very useful.
I would like to thank every member of the team who worked on this excellent mod, (I have made a donation as Ben131IAP).
I hope The Battle for France is the next chosen Theater as it was a struggle every bit as hard as The Battle of Britain!
Many thanks again.
BlackJack

bzhyoyo
Mar-22-2014, 08:38
Long time lurker here, and as someone with experience in modding, I can really appreciate the amount of work and dedication it has taken to release this patch. So thanks guys!

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-22-2014, 08:45
Long time lurker here, and as someone with experience in modding, I can really appreciate the amount of work and dedication it has taken to release this patch. So thanks guys!

Welcome to the forum, bzhyoyo! :salute:

Your comments are much appreciated. :thumbsup:

dburne
Mar-22-2014, 11:10
Got TF 4.3 installed without any issue, ran the dogfight low quick mission this morning, and wow very impressive - performance on my system was spectacular and not a single stutter, the it is beautiful!

Can't wait to start some SP campaigns now!
Thanks so much for all you guys do for us!!

trindade
Mar-22-2014, 11:36
Another happy costumer here!:)
A big Thank You to Team Fusion, you're the BEST!

S!

armin30
Mar-23-2014, 04:23
Hello would it be possible to make the download for 3.0, 3.1 also as torrent file? Or one unified installer on torrent? I have encountered the problem at my friends house as he has issues with downloading large files {isp}. This would also help people in areas that cant change isp or have not stable access to high download speeds. Thank you for considering.

Petty Officer "Tugg"
Mar-24-2014, 04:51
Many Thanks and Salutations!!, I'm stunned by the level of accuracy & quality that you Chaps have managed to create!, Onwards & Upwards!!

All the Best!!

"Tugg" :)

breeze
Mar-25-2014, 03:25
Thank you for this most wonderful mod it installed and works as advertised:bravo:

ATAG_Colander
Mar-25-2014, 10:24
Hello would it be possible to make the download for 3.0, 3.1 also as torrent file? Or one unified installer on torrent? I have encountered the problem at my friends house as he has issues with downloading large files {isp}. This would also help people in areas that cant change isp or have not stable access to high download speeds. Thank you for considering.

The availability of a torrent depends on the community keeping it up and not on TF.

Mysticpuma
Mar-25-2014, 12:34
See first post of Page 22. Torrent links added and working ;)

JackBNimble
Mar-26-2014, 13:18
Hi Guys. I try to install the 3.00 patch (Mod Installer.exe) after successfully unzipping it by double clicking on it and it crashes. What could be causing this? I have the Steam version of CLOD. I notice I can open & extract it with 7zip, but where to? Thanks for any help.

56RAF_klem
Mar-26-2014, 13:56
Hi Guys. I try to install the 3.00 patch (Mod Installer.exe) after successfully unzipping it by double clicking on it and it crashes. What could be causing this? I have the Steam version of CLOD. I notice I can open & extract it with 7zip, but where to? Thanks for any help.

First go to Steam and ensure CoD is set to "Do not automatically update"
Then, don't double click teh TF3 zip foile as .zip may not be associated with 7zip.
Put it in a folder of your choice (TF3.0 ?)
Right click on it and use 7zip to 'Extract here'
Double click on the extracted Mod Installer.exe file and it will start the install process.

JackBNimble
Mar-26-2014, 14:27
First go to Steam and ensure CoD is set to "Do not automatically update"
Then, don't double click teh TF3 zip foile as .zip may not be associated with 7zip.
Put it in a folder of your choice (TF3.0 ?)
Right click on it and use 7zip to 'Extract here'
Double click on the extracted Mod Installer.exe file and it will start the install process.

Thanks.

usbStuck
Mar-29-2014, 03:42
You guys... Are AWESOME!

Buglord
Mar-30-2014, 09:55
I must confess i saw the name "Buglord" i was worryed :)

Long time Lolsav :)

armin30
Apr-03-2014, 15:00
awesome man finaly someone did it. Are those files on some server? as i cant find any peers.

Mysticpuma
Apr-03-2014, 15:24
Hi Armin. For some reason the files don't seed even though I have them lined up. I'm looking at another option to get a torrent link available for v3.00 and v3.01, hang in there ;)

Cheers, MP

Mysticpuma
Apr-03-2014, 16:00
Okay update. the following links do work!

Team Fusion v3.00 Patch:

http://www.pumaszallas.hu/Private/VO101_Tom/TF/IL2CLOD_TF3.torrent

Team Fusion v3.01 hotfix Patch:

http://www.pumaszallas.hu/Private/VO101_Tom/TF/IL2CLOD_TF301.torrent

Please ignore the previous post I made. These links are working and active ;)

Cheers, MP

ATAG_Colander
Apr-06-2014, 09:39
See first post

Karaya
Apr-06-2014, 09:56
Do we need to install 4.31 first or can we ignore the previous hotfix completely?

ATAG_Colander
Apr-06-2014, 09:58
Do we need to install 4.31 first or can we ignore the previous hotfix completely?

Forget 4.31 ever existed :D

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-06-2014, 09:59

Install 4.312 over 4.3.

LcSummers
Apr-06-2014, 10:14
Hi,

thanks this was very fast. Didnt expect it today. Great.

The same procedure as every time? Clean cache, disable other progs, am i right?

S!

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-06-2014, 10:23
Yes LCSummers

LcSummers
Apr-06-2014, 10:24
Thank you Lolsav,

you are my hero:D

9./JG52 Ziegler
Apr-06-2014, 10:27
The 109 flaming torches? Spitfire lack of flaming torches? That must be addressed in the "Fuel Tank armour for aircraft equipped slightly improved."?

ATAG_Septic
Apr-06-2014, 10:29
Hi Chaps,

I've just seen in server chat that SoW is going with 4.3.

If so, and you've patched to 4.312 then you can simply run the 4.3 installer again, just need to delete cache in docs folder).

Just for info; It's simple to have two (or more) versions of the game. Steam does not mind where your install is. You can make a copy of your current install and patch the copy, then run Launcher.exe from the folder of the version you prefer. The Documents folder with all your load-outs etc will work for both.

Septic.:salute:

Valec
Apr-06-2014, 10:31
does not rearming?

Muffin
Apr-06-2014, 10:41
Should I clear my cache then install, or install and then clear the cache? :recon:

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-06-2014, 10:46
You have to clean it anyway, any of the options is good.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Apr-06-2014, 10:56
The 109 flaming torches? Spitfire lack of flaming torches? That must be addressed in the "Fuel Tank armour for aircraft equipped slightly improved."?

Unfortunately not yet.

This is definitely on the TF RADAR. We have a few beta testers (including your squad mate HG) who have been doing some great work looking explicitly at this issue. They've developed a very good test that demonstrates the relative differences between types very nicely.

Unfortunately we don't even know WHERE in the code the problem is yet. . . But it will be found eventually. Hopefully as part of the full DM-revision for TF 5.

ATAG_Deacon
Apr-06-2014, 11:13
The only word I can think of for the HotFix is BRILLIANT!

Great work TF, as always.

~S~

Deacon

GERMANWOLF
Apr-06-2014, 11:23
Wow !!!show !!! Thanks from brazil !!

ATAG_Jeepy
Apr-06-2014, 12:13
omg..already!
THX A LOT for U'r hard'n good work TF !
jeepy

Mysticpuma
Apr-06-2014, 12:25
Torrent link for hotfix:

http://www.pumaszallas.hu/Private/VO101_Tom/TF/ILCLOD_TF4.312.torrent

Cheers, MP

(please add to first post admin)

JG4_sKylon
Apr-06-2014, 13:38
Major Flight Model changes in TF 4.312 see 100 octane Merlin III powered aircraft with better performance from sea level up to Full Throttle Height. (16,250 ft)

Hi TF Folks,

do you have some numbers or more detailed explanation just to know what exaclty happens?
Something like improved top speed xxx mp/h at y altitude / better climbing etc?

Thanks very much. Enjoy your free time now hopefully :D

Roblex
Apr-06-2014, 16:55
Anyone got any thought on how I solve my installation problem?

When I run the installer it says 'Access to the path is denied' I am logged on as Admin, I am running the installer as Admin and my Virus checker is shut down.

******************** FIXED ********************

Rather than just deleting my post I will say that my problem was that although I had told my security software to shut down, it had not really gone. All the visible signs were gone but there were still a couple of processes running. As soon as I removed them with task manager it was all OK.

aus
Apr-06-2014, 19:29
The measure of a team is not its greatness over the short term, but over the long term. Excellent work! Onwards, and Upwards!

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-06-2014, 20:21
The measure of a team is not its greatness over the short term, but over the long term. Excellent work! Onwards, and Upwards!

+1 :thumbsup:

ATAG_Lewis
Apr-06-2014, 20:29
Thank You TF....I want to have your babies!

ATAG_Dave
Apr-06-2014, 20:35
Great stuff TF :thumbsup:

Zisi
Apr-06-2014, 20:56
Thanks for all the hard work :) It's a nice surprise after spending all my sunday working!

Dauntless
Apr-06-2014, 23:55
:thumbsup:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-07-2014, 01:59

Yes, you should see slightly less likely chance of a fuel tank fire.

Vlerkies
Apr-07-2014, 02:56
Cool, thanks for the patch TF!

trademe900
Apr-07-2014, 03:59
This is a simulation and flight models of course are the most important part and the backbone of it all, so I am just wondering...

During the lengthy 4.3 development and all the testing phases, why were the Ju88, He111 and 110 not found to have needed these FM changes that have now just been made with this hotfix? Was there new data suddenly discovered? 'Totally revised' is the key word I'm looking to find out about here.

I was really pleasantly surprised to find this hotfix, which i thought would merely be a PK bug fix, included even more careful attention and thought to FM's.

In regards to the Ju88 and Heinkel in particular, how were these various values changed? At a guess, was Heinkel lift too great in 4.3? I remember remarkable STOL characteristics with this bird before. I have not played and am unable to play the new 4.312 for a while so I am most curious.
I love the team's 'no anecdotal evidence, physics first' methodology and take a real interest in the flight model tweaks and what goes on behind all this. It's fascinating. Drag coefficients, lift profiles, wing loadings, control surface area and aerofoil properties... please tell about these new surprise changes!

You know, at the moment I find myself in the other side of the world in England. Yesterday I went to the Duxford IWM museum and the day before I was at the Hendon Battle of Britain RAF museum... I tell you I was in the battle of britain part just standing there for a monumental amount of time with a Hurricane on my right and a Spit on my left; Heinkel and 109E right behind me. Comparing the profiles of the wings, the size differences, drag profile, etc, of the real steel planes and thinking back to how all this stuff has been factored in and analyzed by TF. Special day.

Karaya
Apr-07-2014, 04:10
Unfortunately we don't even know WHERE in the code the problem is yet. . . But it will be found eventually. Hopefully as part of the full DM-revision for TF 5.

Are you sure it's only code related? As far as I remember from IL-2 1946, the overall damage model not only depended on the values set forth in the code and flight model but also on the 3D part of the DM.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Apr-07-2014, 04:26
Are you sure it's only code related? As far as I remember from IL-2 1946, the overall damage model not only depended on the values set forth in the code and flight model but also on the 3D part of the DM.

by "code" I mean "the game"

ChiefRedCloud
Apr-07-2014, 11:28
Quick knucklehead question here ..... ever cautious I started to install the hotfix only to see by my computer that it wanted to install to my regular CloD folder. It did not indicate that it would install to the MOD folder. And yes I have up through the latest patch not including (but not the bad hotfix) this new patch. Just want to be sure before I have to undo something.

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-07-2014, 11:29
Chief. It always installs to default game folder, ie, Steam etc etc.

Blitzen
Apr-07-2014, 12:37
Great! As pronmised my support money will be in the mail shortly!!!!:thumbsup:

Steam
Apr-07-2014, 14:10
TF, Many thanks for your titanic work.

Is it possible to build the one assembly to update once from steam version to 4.312?

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-07-2014, 14:24
Regarding the revisions to the Heinkel and Ju-88:

The information on these aircraft's aerofoils is very limited. The typical polar charts which can be found for the British and American aircraft are not available.

See below for the Hurricane as a part example:

http://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc54417/m1/8/

Test information on the Heinkel and Ju-88 is also very limited. Mostly it is what can be found in the manuals relating to maximum cruise speed at given altitudes. Information on climb rates are few and far between and often weight, whether bombs were carried, etc. is unclear.

For all these reasons, estimates for the in game polars have to be made.

After TF 4.3 was released and there was a chance to test it more thoroughly, it became clear the Heinkel was climbing too well in relation to the Ju-88. Both the 111H-2 and Ju-88A-1 were powered by the same engine. Power settings were the same... So it was clear the aerofoil data which had been entered was incorrect and it required more investigation and study.

Hence the revisions. Engine power was also tweaked... which meant overheat profiles had to be redone.

In a nutshell, this is why the changes were made. :salute:

PS: Anyone with detailed polars for the Heinkel, Ju-88, etc. we would be happy to receive them.

Atreides
Apr-07-2014, 16:18
Thanks for the hotfix. :thumbsup:

I'm already looking forward to the inevitable fanatical discussions on the forums :popcorn2:

Screamadelica
Apr-08-2014, 04:48
Thanks Team Fusion. Great work! A nice surprise to start the week with. :thumbsup:

trademe900
Apr-08-2014, 07:15
Regarding the revisions to the Heinkel and Ju-88:

The information on these aircraft's aerofoils is very limited. The typical polar charts which can be found for the British and American aircraft are not available.

See below for the Hurricane as a part example:

http://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc54417/m1/8/

Test information on the Heinkel and Ju-88 is also very limited. Mostly it is what can be found in the manuals relating to maximum cruise speed at given altitudes. Information on climb rates are few and far between and often weight, whether bombs were carried, etc. is unclear.

For all these reasons, estimates for the in game polars have to be made.

After TF 4.3 was released and there was a chance to test it more thoroughly, it became clear the Heinkel was climbing too well in relation to the Ju-88. Both the 111H-2 and Ju-88A-1 were powered by the same engine. Power settings were the same... So it was clear the aerofoil data which had been entered was incorrect and it required more investigation and study.

Hence the revisions. Engine power was also tweaked... which meant overheat profiles had to be redone.

In a nutshell, this is why the changes were made. :salute:

PS: Anyone with detailed polars for the Heinkel, Ju-88, etc. we would be happy to receive them.

*Big round of applause. *

Another question about something I wasn't clear on if that's okay?

Fuel tank armour increases for aircraft that have it- I only know that the 109e models were not equipped with fuel tank armour until f version. Has the 110 got it? G50?

All aircraft other than the 109 have this armour increase?

Also, going back to tf 4.3, I remember reading you say it is easier to set planes on fire and cause oil leaks. Why the oil leaks may I ask?

Vlerkies
Apr-08-2014, 07:19
I only know that the 109e did not have fuel tank armour.

You might well want to check your facts on that, or shoot the messenger that told you so ;)

Mysticpuma
Apr-08-2014, 07:26
added another mirror to the download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4dnc6qjv2gp5la0/Mod_Installer_TF_4.312.exe

trademe900
Apr-08-2014, 08:25
You might well want to check your facts on that, or shoot the messenger that told you so ;)

Are you thinking of that aluminium deflection sheet behind the fuel tank? The armour was introduced for the f version.

Vlerkies
Apr-08-2014, 09:15
Are you thinking of that aluminium deflection sheet behind the fuel tank? The armour was introduced for the f version.
I think we need to distinguish between fuel tank armour and pilot armour here (both head and back)
As we are talking fuel here I am referring to fuel tank armour.

I am no expert but am just reading what I can find around the web and in discussions.
The 109's were well protected in BoB, more so than their RAF counterparts of the time and certainly during the Battle of France. Remember the Luftwaffe had been fighting for some time in these planes as well.

Buzz has said they had the ali delfectors,
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9838&p=109727&viewfull=1#post109727
VO101_Kurfurst chimed in there was a 8mm steel plate in the fuselage, which was probably the pilot armour that covered the rear of the tank as well by nature of its position.
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9838&p=111008&viewfull=1#post111008

From what I have read none of this was available to the E1 or E3 when they first entered service but were retrofitted by the time of BoB to all planes.

trademe900
Apr-08-2014, 10:44
Ah, point taken. So armour has been increased for all planes fuel tanks with this hot fix, including 109. Which planes are the ones without fuel tank armour then? 110? G50? All of the bombers are modelled with it right? Thanks.

varrattu
Apr-08-2014, 11:02
VO101_Kurfurst chimed in there was a 8mm steel plate in the fuselage, which was probably the pilot armour that covered the rear of the tank as well by nature of its position... ...

From what I have read none of this was available to the E1 or E3 when they first entered service but were retrofitted by the time of BoB to all planes.

The Bf109-E part list (http://www.avialogs.com/en/aircraft/germany/messerschmitt/bf109/ersatzteil-liste-bf109e.html#download) does not contain any hint concerning a 8mm steel plate. Possibly it was included later.

Regards ~V~

Vlerkies
Apr-08-2014, 11:16
The Bf109-E part list (http://www.avialogs.com/en/aircraft/germany/messerschmitt/bf109/ersatzteil-liste-bf109e.html#download) does not contain any hint concerning a 8mm steel plate. Possibly it was included later.

Regards ~V~

They were retrofitted prior to BoB.
Have a look at the RAF crash analysis of the airframes.
Read this thread.
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9838

Vlerkies
Apr-08-2014, 11:19
Ah, point taken. So armour has been increased for all planes fuel tanks with this hot fix, including 109. Which planes are the ones without fuel tank armour then? 110? G50? All of the bombers are modelled with it right? Thanks.

I dont think any protection is modelled for any of the aircraft reading what Buzz said in another thread. How the fuel tank damage model was tweeked I know nothing more than was in the read me.

CombatTaffy
Apr-08-2014, 12:40
Followed this to the letter ..now CLOD wont run :-(

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-08-2014, 12:41
Followed this to the letter ..now CLOD wont run :-(

Elaborate?

Wolfskid
Apr-09-2014, 03:11
Guys, guys, guys.....:faint:

I love this Team and the work they doing:respect:

Thank you so much...

Greets

Wolfskid

CombatTaffy
Apr-09-2014, 06:54
Re Validated CLOD ,it reverted back to un-modded , so ran 4.3 then 4.312, Working now :-)

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Apr-09-2014, 07:00
Re Validated CLOD ,it reverted back to un-modded , so ran 4.3 then 4.312, Working now :-)

I tkhn you need to install TF3.0, then TF3.1, then TF4.0, then TF4.3 then TF4.312

If you skip straight from vanilla to 4.3 you will miss out on all the intermediate development work.

CombatTaffy
Apr-09-2014, 09:18
Ill wait until i do a full windows re install , at least i could get on the atag server after that

ATAG_Colander
Apr-09-2014, 09:42
I imagine you already had the mod installed and did not delete the whole install folder.
This is why it let you install "only" those, because the other files where already there.

CombatTaffy
Apr-09-2014, 10:50
so its ok then :-)

BlackJack
Apr-10-2014, 04:36
I was playing the game with the new 4.312 Jumbo engine fix!
Wow, what a difference, the total immersion, the whole game is now way ahead in it's playing qualities!
Thanks for the great work!
Another donation is on it's way!
BlackJack

DUI
Apr-10-2014, 13:10
Thanks for the hotfix, feels really well! :cheers:

As there were a lot of changes to the bombers (but maybe also relevant for the fighters): Are the TF flight manuals (http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=flight_manuals) still up-to-date, especially regarding RPMs, temperatures, pressures, etc.?

I. e., in the Ju 88 manual it is recommended to activate the supercharger at 2.500 m, whereby you now already can put it in at about 1.700 m.

Jg4_Kran
Apr-11-2014, 05:19
Buzzsaw your call has been heard;

I had a talk to my Squadmates about the Ju 88 Dates...

here is a picture from the "bundesarchiv" our national archive.

It show the Climb rate with Bombs in the upper corner left
the speed at leveling flight with Bombs in the upper corner right
the climb rate and speed without Bombs in the lower corner left
and the lvling flight without bombs in the lower corner right

If you need help translating just send me pm,

as soon as i get the same for the Heinkel, ill let you know

fly safe,

Kran

criszeri
Apr-11-2014, 05:43
thank you, downloading this, then I will also download the 4.312 minu update.
is my procedure correct, please?
My main game screen says MOD version TF 4.0

been away for a while and I can't remember...

then I will also clean the cache folder in the game path

THANK YOU!

trademe900
Apr-11-2014, 06:47
Buzzsaw your call has been heard;

I had a talk to my Squadmates about the Ju 88 Dates...

here is a picture from the "bundesarchiv" our national archive.

It show the Climb rate with Bombs in the upper corner left
the speed at leveling flight with Bombs in the upper corner right
the climb rate and speed without Bombs in the lower corner left
and the lvling flight without bombs in the lower corner right

If you need help translating just send me pm,

as soon as i get the same for the Heinkel, ill let you know

fly safe,

Kran

Holy shit this is bananas! Great work finding that little gem mate. ata, rpm, bombload, speed... the whole lot.

And you can get a Heinkel one too?

I wonder how the current game climb rates compare.

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-11-2014, 12:33
thank you, downloading this, then I will also download the 4.312 minu update.
is my procedure correct, please?

Yes and yes to clean cache before running 4.3 and clean cache again before running hotfix 4.312.

criszeri
Apr-11-2014, 13:00
Yes and yes to clean cache before running 4.3 and clean cache again before running hotfix 4.312.

Meanwhile I proceeded and everything runs just perfect!
Thank you.

Markie
Apr-12-2014, 17:15
Really great improvements, huge thank you to those involved. I play this game all I can and it is spellbinding. Some of the screenshots look quite real and believable when I am playing and I am totally immersed in it, forget earthquakes and whatnot. Let us not forget the team that started this all off because I have read some very disparaging remarks about them - let's review things in context please. I have a great system and video card and still get stuttering, I know this is probably for another forum and needs addressing but it does detract from being the ultimate game for sure. Anyway that aside the tweaks and changes are impressive to say the least, I had to go through the list one by one and evaluate them. Cannot say enough but thanks again, you may go by a pseudonym but you know who you are.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-12-2014, 17:29
Thanks for the hotfix, feels really well! :cheers:

As there were a lot of changes to the bombers (but maybe also relevant for the fighters): Are the TF flight manuals (http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=flight_manuals) still up-to-date, especially regarding RPMs, temperatures, pressures, etc.?

I. e., in the Ju 88 manual it is recommended to activate the supercharger at 2.500 m, whereby you now already can put it in at about 1.700 m.

Yes, I have to update those manuals. :salute:

Torric270
Apr-12-2014, 20:32
Yes, I have to update those manuals. :salute:

H2, 88, B R 20 done.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-12-2014, 20:45
H2, 88, B R 20 done.

Incog
Apr-13-2014, 16:59
Just flew for 10 minutes on ATAG after a very long break (couldn't bring my joystick with me). Well, I have to say, I'm impressed. The game looks better, the aircraft (me 109) feels more alive than before. Maybe it's because I haven't flown in a while but those 10 minutes were immensely nice. Even aircraft spotting seemed to be better.

Wow. My hats off to you guys.

HurricaneHarvest
Apr-16-2014, 01:34
Thanks for the effort guys, really appreciated.

Few questions, i've been away since 3.00 so excuse the ignorance,

(1) Bullet damage on some aircraft, mostly bombers - Ju88, Dornier etc, vanish after a short period, has this been fixed
(2) Do AI aircraft still barrell roll into the ground ?
(3) Is the defiant flyable yet? :D

ta

hh.

DendroAspis
Apr-16-2014, 01:59
I have 4.0 ...... so I need to dl 4.3 install it and then install 4.312, correct?

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-16-2014, 02:45
Thanks for the effort guys, really appreciated.

Few questions, i've been away since 3.00 so excuse the ignorance,

(1) Bullet damage on some aircraft, mostly bombers - Ju88, Dornier etc, vanish after a short period, has this been fixed

Only the .303 damage vanishes, not heavier caliber rounds or .303 fire which causes substantial damage. And the overall damage model has been improved.

(2) Do AI aircraft still barrell roll into the ground ?

95% solved... will still happen at low altitudes... but that's to be expected.

(3) Is the defiant flyable yet? :D

Nope, sorry, maybe in the future. No promises.

TheVino3
Apr-16-2014, 19:28
I have 4.0 ...... so I need to dl 4.3 install it and then install 4.312, correct?

Yes :thumbsup:

Xmigu3lX
Apr-27-2014, 20:35
I have a problem when trying to install the mod v3.0 the exe is not running, I give click and nothing happens does not open the window where I should then appear in the installation path of the mod. help me

Mysticpuma
Apr-29-2014, 04:12
Testing a post

Continu0
May-31-2014, 15:06
Sidwulf, you have to learn more about TF... there are obviously things you don`t know yet. But first of all, do you see the yellow bar at the top of the forum? In Vieolet you can read "Team Fusion Patches". Everything can be found there...

Then some essential facts:

1. Ubisoft is the publisher, but 1C Company does own the rights to everything related to Cliffs of Dover

2. Team Fusion is unpaid, unofficial and in no way connected to 1C Company or Ubisoft. They do everything for free and without any source code or anything.

3. 1C Company is curently developing "Battle of Stalingrad" (google it). By allowing Team Fusion to further develop Cliffs of Dover officially, they would bring up concurence against themselfs... No way this is going to happen...

4. Everything official related to Cliffs of Dover ist shut down. No more Patches trough steam, no changs of websites, just nothing. Trying to cry out the good message about Team Fusion and it`s patches is one of the main concerns of this community. We really want to have more and new players, but it is a very hard task. If you have any ideas to achieve that goal, your ideas are very welcome!

SIDWULF
May-31-2014, 15:10
lol i found what i was looking for...they made it right after i posted! damn im influential.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711

Continu0
May-31-2014, 15:15
lol i found what i was looking for...they made it right after i posted! damn im influential.

eeehm... welll.... yes... exactly... ;- )

I have no idea how they make those changes, but it looks like they have some geniuses along them... have a look at the last Friday-Update in the Update-Section and have a look at the amazing things to come...

And as I said: If you have anything to contribute (3D-Models, anything...), that would be highly appreciated...

SIDWULF
May-31-2014, 15:45
I did some 3d modelling for total annihilation making units back in the day with rhino 3d...i have played around with blender a bit making a robot...will see what i can do.

Ah good my reply was deleted...I kinda often embarrass myself.

Ignorance is my fancy.

ATAG_Snapper
May-31-2014, 16:08
No worries, mate. We are all here to help. Any remaining issues send me a PM. Only too glad to help you get things sorted out. :thumbsup:

Snapper :salute:

seabro
Oct-15-2014, 07:29
TEam Fusion - all you guys do a brilliant job!! I'm just sorry my lack of Computer savviness doesn't match up. After some really strange changes (my own, by the way) to .ini files I decided to clear everything and re-install CLoD and the TF Mods. So Uninstalled the lot, including every reference to CLoD on the computer. Re-installed via Steam.
Downloaded all the mods via the TF forum - the download was ALL the mods in one download. Started to install, running the game each time and clearing the cache. Then I noticed on the Menu that Team Fusion Campaigns no longer show up. As a mainly offline player, - I know, I know; I should join online - I enjoy those campaigns. But now can't find them. I've done the re-install three time now and still no Team Fusion Campaigns. Any ideas on what's happened or what I may be doing wrong?
Any help GREATLY appreciated - and OK I will do the online thing-very soon.
:ind:

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-15-2014, 16:36
Hi seabro,

I think you have to install the campaigns that you want to use and try manually. As far as I know, none of the campaigns (beside the original) come with a clean install + TF mods.

If you have the latest version of TF installed and your game shows this version upon starting it up, you have installed it correctly!!! :thumbsup:

Take a look here at some of the SP campaigns you can download and install. From some of the feedback, I think you'll be in campaign heaven for a while :D http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=108

seabro
Oct-16-2014, 04:32
Hi seabro,

I think you have to install the campaigns that you want to use and try manually. As far as I know, none of the campaigns (beside the original) come with a clean install + TF mods.

If you have the latest version of TF installed and your game shows this version upon starting it up, you have installed it correctly!!! :thumbsup:

Take a look here at some of the SP campaigns you can download and install. From some of the feedback, I think you'll be in campaign heaven for a while :D http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=108

Yep that's great thanks.:thumbsup:
Just gonna get on down to it all over again.
See you online sometime.:salute:

ardaunal1
Oct-24-2014, 05:47
good day to you gentleman, when i saw the fusion patch i decided to buy the game and yesterday i did. i downloaded it via steam, fixed for win8. now started the download patches.

i downloaded "Team Fusion 3.0 Mod Installer" and "Minipatch 3.01 Mod Installer" via torrent. others are in queue.

when i click on "Team Fusion 3.0 Mod Installer" it shows me the directory, i say okay, then when installing window opens, instead of bar doing some progress and getting full, it closes the moment it opens, and says installing is succesfully finished. however it installs nothing (nothing like instruction videos, which bar is filled with green progressing colour)

i read the first 20 pages of this thread, and some other threads. i couldn't come up with solution. please tell me what am i missing?

Continu0
Oct-24-2014, 06:00
Hi and welcome!

Short question: Did you start the game after this "installation"? You can read the games version number in the right bottom corner of the main-menu screen (written in red). If it says 3.0 there, everything went alright!

(Don`t forget to clear the cache before starting the game tough!)

Cheers!

Mysticpuma
Oct-24-2014, 10:04
You may need to add exceptions to you antivirus too, so make the Steam folder and all the other folders that relate to it exceptions in you AV program. Also install the Mod by right-clicking it and choosing run as Administrator? Just a few thoughts?

ardaunal1
Oct-24-2014, 10:15
thanks for reply, let me detail the procedure i followed;

i downloaded game via steam. i didn't attempt to start to game because i use windows 8 64-bit system. i read on steam comments that it only works on win8 with this patches.

i downloaded first three patches ( 3.0 , 3.01 , 4, other one is still in queue of torrent )

i attempted to install 3.0 (it came without zip, it was already extracted)

nothing happened, i tried some other things, folder names that i put patches before download, running as adminstrator etc.

i downloaded some fixes from 1c forums, game worked with version 1.11.20362 (or something like that, the most current version steam has to offer)

patches still don't install themselves. they ask me the path i want to install ( " e:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\ " by default )
however installation progress bar just appears for a blink of an eye, then it says "installation finished, remember to copy your ini files....."

so... am i to put patch files into some spesific folder location for them to work? or i need to do some clearence on "my documents" folders? or am i to download something from scratch? (reminding you i just followed the things i saw on video tutorial on thread "new pilot" of this forum)

thanks again for your attention.

Continu0
Oct-24-2014, 10:30
thanks for reply, let me detail the procedure i followed;

i downloaded game via steam. i didn't attempt to start to game because i use windows 8 64-bit system. i read on steam comments that it only works on win8 with this patches.

i downloaded first three patches ( 3.0 , 3.01 , 4, other one is still in queue of torrent )

i attempted to install 3.0 (it came without zip, it was already extracted)

nothing happened, i tried some other things, folder names that i put patches before download, running as adminstrator etc.

i downloaded some fixes from 1c forums, game worked with version 1.11.20362 (or something like that, the most current version steam has to offer)

patches still don't install themselves. they ask me the path i want to install ( " e:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\ " by default )
however installation progress bar just appears for a blink of an eye, then it says "installation finished, remember to copy your ini files....."

so... am i to put patch files into some spesific folder location for them to work? or i need to do some clearence on "my documents" folders? or am i to download something from scratch? (reminding you i just followed the things i saw on video tutorial on thread "new pilot" of this forum)

thanks again for your attention.

Sorry to bother you again... but did you actually start up the game AFTER "installation finished, remember to copy your ini files....." came?

ardaunal1
Oct-24-2014, 10:48
Yes, but launcher still won't work, but 1c forum fix still opens the game, i did a free flight just to feel that nostalghia... (still 1.11.20362 version)

Continu0
Oct-26-2014, 02:44
Hm, then I recommend redownloading TF 3.0. To me it looks like the download might have been interrupted or something. The TF 3.0-file should be 389MB.

ardaunal1
Oct-26-2014, 12:56
Hm, then I recommend redownloading TF 3.0. To me it looks like the download might have been interrupted or something. The TF 3.0-file should be 389MB.

i tried it today. the zip i downloaded is just same as the one i downloaded from torrent, it doesn't install at all. progressing bar still doesn't progress hehe. Even vanilla game feels nice, i hope i can find a solution here.

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-26-2014, 13:09
First of all, why dont you try to bring up to MOD 4.0 by one single file: http://teamfusion.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/ Its the last link

Second, just in case, i leave here the links of a personnal backup ive made from all patches.

Good luck

Personnal backup ive made from patches:

Mod 3.0 (https://meocloud.pt/link/4cfac83c-d3ba-4af2-8cca-a8bc2f48f087/Mod%20Installer.zip/)
3.01 Mini patch (https://meocloud.pt/link/98c19a54-3b70-4f86-be83-6d9d890c084c/Minipatch%203.01%20Mod%20Installer.zip/)

Parte 1 da MOD 4.0 (https://meocloud.pt/link/0d70afc1-cd36-4283-983f-19e8a0edaaaa/Mod%20Installer%20v4.00.part1.exe/)
Parte 2 da MOD 4.0 (https://meocloud.pt/link/73ca0c7e-b311-4213-9e17-32745db1a573/Mod%20Installer%20v4.00.part2.rar/)

Patch 4.3 (https://meocloud.pt/link/29e26485-4e10-4b87-bf37-e78a9c88393f/Mod%2BInstaller%2BTF%2B4.3.zip/)

4.312 hotfix (https://meocloud.pt/link/8ee72d31-8619-4e46-a948-588888901162/TF%204.312%20Mod%20Installer.zip/)

Continu0
Oct-27-2014, 02:53
Hm.... not good it doesn`t work :-(

A question: Do you have steam intalled on your E-drive? Because you said the installer chooses the "e-drive" by default. Could the path be wrong?

ardaunal1
Oct-27-2014, 08:44
thanks Lolsav for the links, , will try them asap my work lets me to do so.

and Continu0, yes i use E drive; "E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover" is my path, i tried to correct path but it still doesn't progress at all. maybe it is a win8 thing? (compatabilities doesn't work either with installer)

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-27-2014, 08:50
If its patch 3.0 (but i alredy stated you should go for the version that includes 3.0 and 4.0) you hardly notice it has installed, because it was so small. Have you alredy launched the game after the apparent failed instalation? If not, look on the bottom right of the main menu screen, it states what version the game is running.

Good luck.

ardaunal1
Oct-27-2014, 14:19
yes i have tried and still the vanilla version. i will download and try the version you sent in a couple of days, i will let you guys know the result. thank you.

ardaunal1
Oct-30-2014, 00:45
yes i have tried and still the vanilla version. i will download and try the version you sent in a couple of days, i will let you guys know the result. thank you.

it certainly does nothing. I can run the mod installer, but it does not proceed into install phase (it skips it in miliseconds and says it is done, in game, version still vanilla). My windows version is not 8.1, i don't have a "compatability mode: win8" option (only win 7) to run the installer, or even the game (i fixed it, maybe it is the issue?). i am using a windows 8 ultimate 64-bit system without any kind of firewall (even closed the windows firewall just to be sure.) it just doesn't do anything. i won't certainly reinstall the game, i have a tight schedule and using my computer actively. So, what now? Universe hate me, is that all?

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-30-2014, 01:19
ardauna1 i just went on original thread of 3.0 version and i found out that some guys couldnt install the patch because of the regional settings of their keyboard. Is your keyboard set on english, under windows regional settings? IF not, try to change it to english just for the purpose of installing the patch.

Continu0
Oct-30-2014, 12:49
Also some problems are known to be caused by anti-virus programms. So you might want to try to switch off your anti-virus for the time of the installation...! In some cases the anti-virus programm even had to be uninstalled...!