PDA

View Full Version : white rectangles

dtlsaw
Apr-29-2014, 09:47
Hi,
I have provided a screen shot showing some rectangles that have appeared in my game and I can't select them or remove them.
These rectangles just started appearing last couple days. The only thing I changed in the game was the control settings -- i deleted some keys not used and reassigned others.
The 2 rectangles in upper left half of screen are NOT "info boxes" as best I can tell since I can't select them. I did research and found posts on info boxes but these aren't info boxes as described in the posts. I cannot select these text boxes no matter what I try. I cannot <left-alt><left click> or <right-alt><left click> or <left click> or <right click> and select them, they are un-selectable.

I think they are related to something in the controls setup but I can't be sure.

Also, I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it and the rectangles are still there so I also think it might have something to do with Windows system registry.

Can someone tell me how to either make these rectangles invisible or how to delete them?

This is a great game and I am just learning how to play so this is a huge distraction for me before I can get used to how the game works and how to play.
Please help.

Thanks

1lokos
Apr-29-2014, 10:48
Look in Controls > Aircraft > Keys
if Mouse Left is assigned to "Mouse Control".

The procedure for close "Info Windows" is:

Point mouse cursor over then.
Press and hold ALT key
Left click for highlight the "Info Window"
Release ALT and right click to show popup menu
Select close in popup menu.

Sokol1

Combat Wombat
Apr-29-2014, 14:11
It's an early cloaking system the RAF used and just when it's unexpected a spitfire or hurricane pops out .:)

dtlsaw
Apr-30-2014, 09:22
Look in Controls > Aircraft > Keys
if Mouse Left is assigned to "Mouse Control".

The procedure for close "Info Windows" is:

Point mouse cursor over then.
Press and hold ALT key
Left click for highlight the "Info Window"
Release ALT and right click to show popup menu
Select close in popup menu.

Sokol1

Thanks for your comments. I did manage to delete them and they were info boxes. This one was very strange because the only way that I could select them was to create a new info box and immediately after I did that I was in a mode that allowed for selecting other info boxes. When I tried selecting those info boxes before creating a new one they wouldn't select. I tried it on a new info box that I just created and same thing. The only way I could select that brand new info box is to create a new one again and then I'm in a user mode that allows selecting and deleting or modifying any info box on the screen.

dtlsaw
Apr-30-2014, 09:27
It's an early cloaking system the RAF used and just when it's unexpected a spitfire or hurricane pops out .:)

Yes, yes, of course -- I thought of that too! I salute you for calling out the RAF and their underhanded diabolical game play :salute: