PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion Friday Update May 2nd 2014 - and we're off again

Mysticpuma
May-02-2014, 06:56
He everyone.

This is just a small interim update as members of Team Fusion are steadily coming back to the fold having had a few weeks break and recharging their batteries. Now to be fair, not everyone is on the rollercoaster ride yet....a few are still at the ticket office and will be along shortly :)

Now, even though I say "had a few weeks off", that is unkind to some of our team members who have still been pottering around look at features to help the progress those who will be taking on the next big challenges, which will see the Community able to fly in a whole new Map and environment.

Currently we have taken on from the community three new coders and also six new 3D Modellers, although with such a huge environment to populate, anyone with a good knowledge of 3D modelling is welcome to request joining the team. Just send us an email to:

teamfusion2013@hotmail.com

and let us know your skill level and show a few examples of your 3D work. We're keen to have talented guys onboard, so don't be afraid to make contact :)

The next update may not be for another 2-4 weeks as there really isn't much to show at the moment due to the guys all just starting to make progress, but we'll see how it goes :)

For now we'd like to make those of you who don't know or haven't registered, aware of the Bug tracker feature that we are now actively monitoring (which we have a couple of dedicated guys looking at :) ). It's important to explain that we are trying to create a Mod and in the process we may accidentally break a few things. by reporting it in our bugtracker we can at-least become aware of any issues that we don't know about and may possibly be able to fix. There are no promises because we don't have access to the Source Code, but if you report a bug, it will be looked at and hopefully one of our team can see if it's possible to improve/fix the situation.

So take a look at the following and if you have a bug, please consider reporting it :)

From the Team Fusion Bugtracker

The bugtracker (http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/projects/il2clodtf) took off nicely since the last patch: 72 new users brought the total up to 707 registered users of which 104 have been active since then. We currently have 69 issues raised (52 bugs and 17 feature requests) of which 2 have already been resolved with patch 4.312.

New issues raised in the past week:
Reported bug #561: "Bofors AAA aims below included gunsight reticle"
Reported bug #562: "Bad bounce at Biggin"

The issues with the highest (summary) vote currently are:
4: #512: "The incorrect translation of the German shells for MG FF cannons in the Russian version"
4: #513: "Damage model: Hit decals missing"
3: #504: "Bf-109 Gunsight dimmer is missing it's colored tint, just clear glass."
3: #510: "Gunner MG's will not allow you to aim/move the machinegun while firing."

We invite all pilots to participate in the bugtracker either by reporting bugs, requesting features, and/or vote on issues. But before you do anything, please read the guidelines and FAQ here: http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/projects/il2clodtf/boards/4

Cheers, MP/TF

Continu0
May-02-2014, 07:02
Thanks Mystic!

Allow me one question that I`ve had for a long time now... How many people are TF? I counted about 40 by browsing the members-list of that forum, but are there some heories behind the scenes?

Thanks!

Mysticpuma
May-02-2014, 07:13
Thanks Mystic!

Allow me one question that I`ve had for a long time now... How many people are TF? I counted about 40 by browsing the members-list of that forum, but are there some heories behind the scenes?

Thanks!

It's a mystery to us too!

Continu0
May-02-2014, 07:27
LoL, thx... Happy to see that TF leadership has everything under control :thumbsup::D

DUI
May-02-2014, 08:02
Thanks for the Friday update!

About the reported bug with the not-moveable gun while shooting: this is due to a misconfiguration in the controls. A squadron member of us had it as well but changed some of his controls and was able to solve it.
For him it was the "fire selected weapon" key that was mapped to the left mouse button. As soon as he switched it to a key on the keyboard it worked for him. For me, I have no problem moving and shooting the gun with the left mouse button.

Gladio
May-02-2014, 08:24
Thanks for the head-up MP, much appreciated.

I presume it's not a TF issue, but I would like to ask if you think will be possible in furure to properly translate into italian the current italian version of the game. Now it's a mess, litterally a mess, with dozens of errors which are forcing italian guys to use the english version instead. Not a big issue but would be nice to get a proper translation.

Artist
May-02-2014, 08:48
Hi DUI,

About the reported bug with the not-moveable gun while shooting: this is due to a misconfiguration in the controls. A squadron member of us had it as well but changed some of his controls and was able to solve it.
For him it was the "fire selected weapon" key that was mapped to the left mouse button. As soon as he switched it to a key on the keyboard it worked for him. For me, I have no problem moving and shooting the gun with the left mouse button.

thanks for that information! Would you mind adding that as an update to that issue (510, I think)? Thatbwould be great.

Thanks,
Artist

III./ZG76_Keller
May-02-2014, 09:09

Same here, I have MG fire set to left mouse and I can move the gun while firing. This is a controls error, I don't think it's TF related.

DUI
May-02-2014, 09:21
Would you mind adding that as an update to that issue (510, I think)?

Of course, I will! But first I want to check-back with my squadron mate to find out what exactly the problem/solution was. :salute:

Meaks
May-02-2014, 09:22
Great news MP,thanks very much for the heads up,here's hoping you fine chaps will soon be working on a flyable Vickers Wellington :)

1lokos
May-02-2014, 09:24
Thanks for update news.

4: #512: "The incorrect translation of the German shells for MG FF cannons in the Russian version"

BTW - Please in next patch's add to the names of German munition a parenthesis with his type (AP, HE...) in ENGLISH. :D

3: #510: "Gunner MG's will not allow you to aim/move the machinegun while firing."

This is not bug, is just players using default MG keyboard assignments, that have conflict with Left Mouse Button, assigned for "Fire Current Weapon" - in General - and "Hold to Offset Camera" - in Camera.

[HotKey common]

MouseLeft=fire

[HotKey viewSet]

MouseLeft=Offset

In gunner station, when you press LMB to fire, the game expect too the movement for "Offset the camera" - what dont happen because gunner cockpit dont have 6DOF.

Just remap "offset" for another key (this is few used). I set in Mouse Right Button - originally used for "ZOOM camera", no longer required.

Sokol1

Mattias
May-02-2014, 14:06
LoL, thx... Happy to see that TF leadership has everything under control :thumbsup::D

:salute:

We are 35-50 members, depending on how one count :)

Cheers/m

DUI
May-02-2014, 14:14
This is not bug, is just players using default MG keyboard assignments, that have conflict with Left Mouse Button, assigned for "Fire Current Weapon" - in General - and "Hold to Offset Camera" - in Camera.

Thanks 1lokos, sounds very logically to me.

Btw: Great to hear that TF is managing to get new members!

Continu0
May-02-2014, 14:39
:salute:

We are 35-50 members, depending on how one count :)

cheers/m

thx!

RAF74_Buzzsaw
May-02-2014, 15:53
Thanks for the head-up MP, much appreciated.

I presume it's not a TF issue, but I would like to ask if you think will be possible in furure to properly translate into italian the current italian version of the game. Now it's a mess, litterally a mess, with dozens of errors which are forcing italian guys to use the english version instead. Not a big issue but would be nice to get a proper translation.

Would you be interested in helping us with this?

We could add your changes to the game's Italian instructions. :salute:

Gladio
May-02-2014, 16:15
Count on me. As Regia Aeronautica we already did the localization for some games like WWII Online and War Thunder*

* we used a pretty cool tool called Crowdin, now working on tanks stuff

RAF74_Buzzsaw
May-02-2014, 17:03
Count on me. As Regia Aeronautica we already did the localization for some games like WWII Online and War Thunder*

* we used a pretty cool tool called Crowdin, now working on tanks stuff

Sent you a PM> :salute:

Sandy1942
May-03-2014, 05:29
Mysticpuma
Thanks for news!
DUI and 1lokos
Very good information - I will do so.

Hubert Bigglesworth
May-03-2014, 10:22
Hi.

No problems here either, using mouse to move the gun and left mouse button to fire. All works fine.

S!!

dburne
May-03-2014, 10:55
Thanks for the update, really looking forward to what the future holds with TF!!

Meaks
May-04-2014, 04:14
Thanks for update news.

BTW - Please in next patch's add to the names of German munition a parenthesis with his type (AP, HE...) in ENGLISH. :D

[HotKey common]

MouseLeft=fire

[HotKey viewSet]

MouseLeft=Offset

In gunner station, when you press LMB to fire, the game expect too the movement for "Offset the camera" - what dont happen because gunner cockpit dont have 6DOF.

Just remap "offset" for another key (this is few used). I set in Mouse Right Button - originally used for "ZOOM camera", no longer required.

Sokol1

This is all good stuff here,but is there any way to speed up the traverse or movement of the turret it's very sluggish,maybe this is historical,I don't know.

The other thing I'd like to know as well ,is how I could assign my rudder pedals to the movement of the turrets traverse,but there is no axis set up for this at present,if this could be done it would be great,as the real turret I think I'm right in saying was moved via a set of pedals (see pic,appreciate that this was a later model with twin Brownings,and not a single Lewis gun,but the turret would've been the same).

Any help would be richly appreciated thanks guys.

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g374/fastted/Av_GB_4304_sk_turret_p187_W.png