PDA

View Full Version : Re-arm/Fuel with damage?

ATAG_EvangelusE
May-02-2014, 18:36
I heard a couple of MG rounds hit my ac (from the rear gunner of a 110), no visible signs of damage but lost about 40 mph speed capability. I Landed and used RR expecting to find that I couldn't due to some sort of damage, I re-fuelled as normal but the damage induced drag was evident once airborne again.

I thought it wasn't possible to use RR if the ac is damaged or has that changed?

III./ZG76_Keller
May-02-2014, 19:41
I think structural damage is overlooked, mechanical damage isn't; otherwise one bullet hole in your tail would prevent <RR.

Winston
May-03-2014, 01:34
Hmmmm, are you guys saying that your airplane was damaged but no damage was visible from an outside view?

ATAG_EvangelusE
May-03-2014, 06:02
Hmmmm, are you guys saying that your airplane was damaged but no damage was visible from an outside view?

Cockpit view. There may have been munitions damage that I couldn't see but, if there was , I shouldn't have been able to use RR. Not a major problem and probably choose to re-spawn if in doubt about the integrity of the ac.

Pirabee
May-05-2014, 14:54
I used to think the <RR combo should, besides refueling and rearming, fix minor structural damages as well. Sadly that is not the case.

Also, I'm an E-3 user and frequently experience a funny thing that occurs after landing without damage but have my rads and gaskets blow up while refueling and rearming with the engine off!

Pirabee.

No.54 Ghost (KL-G)
May-05-2014, 16:54
I used to think the <RR combo should, besides refueling and rearming, fix minor structural damages as well. Sadly that is not the case.

Also, I'm an E-3 user and frequently experience a funny thing that occurs after landing without damage but have my rads and gaskets blow up while refueling and rearming with the engine off!

Pirabee.

im not sure if thats a glitch or not, but try having your engine idle for a while. its the same in the spit and hurry

JuLB
May-06-2014, 06:51
I allways after landing turning plane against wind, then I waiting one minute with engine at idle with radiator full open and engine did not blown up.

Yesterday I again refueled at Lympne, and I left my PC for this time. When I returned, I saw smoked crater on my left side, and rest of wing from Bf110 on my right side. Funny, my plane looks undamaged, pilot alive, but I didnt have a fuel. So, I typed <rr75 again, a tanker came, and add fuel succesfuly. Then I started my engine, but I can not taxiing. Why? I looked again inside in my rear fuselage, and I saw lot of holes - result of Bf110 attack.

RR procedure was succesful on heavy damaged plane.

9./JG52 Ziegler
May-06-2014, 08:17
I allways after landing turning plane against wind, then I waiting one minute with engine at idle with radiator full open and engine did not blown up.

Yesterday I again refueled at Lympne, and I left my PC for this time. When I returned, I saw smoked crater on my left side, and rest of wing from Bf110 on my right side. Funny, my plane looks undamaged, pilot alive, but I didnt have a fuel. So, I typed <rr75 again, a tanker came, and add fuel succesfuly. Then I started my engine, but I can not taxiing. Why? I looked again inside in my rear fuselage, and I saw lot of holes - result of Bf110 attack.

RR procedure was succesful on heavy damaged plane.

I think again structural damage is overlooked but still present after RR. I was about to RR yesterday when the engine overheated after landing and it was not allowed. Did not even notice the overheat till I typed <rr100 on chat. I love the rr feature and will wait and open rads and idle before RR in the future.