PDA

View Full Version : Win8.1 Saitek Combat Pro rudder pedals problem...

wuffman
May-02-2014, 23:52
OK, so Madcatz has no driver update for Combat Pro Rudder pedals for Win8.1; it's not like they're the top pedals for flight. Oh, wait, they are! And the new Rhino X55, what pedals do they think should go with them? Frustrated here, after discovering how to force CloD to "see" the rudder pedals in 8.1 ( unplug pedals, start system, start Clod, make sure X52 Flight Stick is working, back out of Clod, plug in pedals, restart Clod... whew! ), I fire up DCS.

Load .configs, go to plane on runway, no TIR... Discover you have to delete TIR.config files, restart game, all good. I try to roll the P51 to taxi... pushing toe brake now works ailerons. :( ! Seems DCS "sees" toe brake axis as joystick X axis. Hours of research and trick moves, still no toe brakes. I know, just config. KYBd to brakes. Well, Combat Pros are almost $200, and mainly so you get these hefty aluminum pedals with TOE BRAKES ! So just ignoring them is ridiculous. Madcatz has been "working" on 8.1 drivers since Oct. of last year, no joy yet. Does anyone know of a way to make DCS "see" toe brakes as separate axis? Rudder works fine, no problem. THX!!! Win 7 is not an option, as I just built a new PC based on Win 8.1, mainly for DCS WW2, of which I am a faithful backer. Again, THX!

ATAG_Snapper
May-03-2014, 10:02
Hi Wuffman,

I believe I have the same Saitek Combat Pro pedals as you. I also have Windows 8.1 and I just use the Windows drivers for both rudder and toe brakes for DCS P51D. IIRC I did have to assign the rudder and toe brake axis in the in-game GUI. The toe brakes need to have their axis inverted (use the Axis Tune tab at the bottom of the key assignment GUI. Also make sure that the rudder and toe brakes are ONLY assigned to your Saitek Rudder and not duplicated under any other peripherals (joystick or throttle).

Under Axis Tune you can also adjust the curves of each axis which I've found very helpful.

wuffman
May-03-2014, 11:43
Snapper, you are both a gentleman and a scholar, thx for the reply. I don't think my problem was made clear. When I go to DCS gui and try to assign toe brakes, the binding window will respond with " Joy_X " ( left toe brake ) and " Joy_Y " ( right toe brake ). The problem with this is that Joy_X is the flight stick, not the rudder pedals. So consequently pushing the toe brake is the same as roll axis on joystick. This is driving me NUTS!

Oh, btw, A pirate walks into a bar. Everyone notices he has this ships wheel fastened to his crotch. Bartender says " Hey, WTH? " Pirate says " Oh, that. It's drivin me nuts! "

ATAG_Snapper
May-03-2014, 11:58
LOL Good pirate joke! :thumbsup:

The DCS assignment GUI is a little different (ie freaking GOOFY!! :goofy) compared to other sims.

You have to actively select *under the correct peripheral column* the axis you wish to assign. You then MUST clear the same axis assignments from the other peripheral columns.

In other words, your joystick, your throttle, AND your rudder pedals can ALL show identical Joy_X axis. If you leave it like that it will screw up in-game, as you've found. You have to go back to your Assignment GUI and actively clear (ie delete) the Joy_X assignments from the controller/peripheral assignments that are wrong.

It's a royal PITA.

Does this make any sense? :D (Like I said, it's goofy!)

wuffman
May-03-2014, 12:02
OK, so here's what's happening. If I clear Joy_X from everythin, then I will have NO roll flightstic. Fightstick ( X52 ) IS Joy_X. Rudder pedals should be Joy1_X. What does it say in the GUI for your rudder axis ( Joy_RZ for me ) and toe brakes?

Thx. Hey if you can jump on ATAG I would owe you BIGTIME to help me here! Can you mail Vodka? I will send you some, LOL!

ATAG_Snapper
May-03-2014, 13:21
Hey Wuffman,

I'm uploading a quick video of my controller GUI settings in DCS P51D for the various axis. See if this makes any sense and hopefully helps you set up yours.

https://vimeo.com/93752215

https://vimeo.com/93752215

wuffman
May-03-2014, 13:44
Wow, you really are a cool guy! I followed all instructions, and now it works! Oh, I also moved my USB to a 2.0 port instead of 3.0. Don't know if that helped, but I read Combat Pros are USB 2.0 device. Anyway thanks! As soon as I take the wifie to lunch I will be relearning the P51 on my new system! Not as fast as yours, but way better than what I had. Went from a GTX570 to a 760, and went from a dual core 6850 to an I5 4670k. Can't wait to see you in the air. Hope we are on the same side! You can close this, sorry to be so "needy".

~S~ all ATAG!!! 71st_AH_wuffman

ATAG_Snapper
May-03-2014, 13:56
It was a pleasure, Wuffman. :salute:

Glad it worked. :D

Chuck_Owl
May-04-2014, 14:18
Snapper, you are truly a gentleman.