PDA

View Full Version : Heckgunner

Runnner
May-04-2014, 11:12
Hello All,

I want ask some about the heckgunner, there are not very powerful. Stuka, Bleni, Ju88, He111 and Bf110 just like tooooo easy targets. First I think is not a question about realism. This too laborious anyway. Is a questions of fun, gameplay and motivation. Is there a way to change that? At least in a Bf110 or Bleni you just a target at all.

What the other means? Maybe a poll?

Greetings 000:-)

III./ZG76_Keller
May-04-2014, 12:05
I've had quite the opposite experience with the rear gunners, whenever a Spit or Hurricane gets on my tail he usually goes home with some damage; though so do I. You need to control the gunners yourself though, don't let the AI do the shooting as they are quite terrible.

trademe900
May-04-2014, 18:38
Since 4.3 we've all been having a very fun time in the 110s. We've had many sorties paired up with human rear gunners and done some serious damage!

EG14_Marcast
May-05-2014, 03:21
I agree that AI gunners' skill could be much better than this. If in my single missions I set a skill between average and veteran, a fighter has maybe 50% chances to get close to a bomber and survive. In ATAG, gunners are just passengers. Last patch made only possible to shoot in any flight attitude, but in practice it is effective only when you use autopilot, which makes you an easy steady target.

Runnner
May-05-2014, 04:21
But the most player fly without human gunners. I dont know if the heckgunner AI can be make more effective from the amazing ATAG guys?

trademe900
May-05-2014, 04:35
Actually, come on to TeamSpeak and you'd be very surprised to see how many guys are multi-crewing 110s. Many names come to mind. I regularly partner up as tail-end Charlie for Godfather and I consider myself alright with rear gunning skills- downed many planes. Always lots of laughs! Come crew up with us on TS next time, Runner.

ATAG_Ezzie
May-05-2014, 04:43
Actually, come on to TeamSpeak and you'd be very surprised to see how many guys are multi-crewing 110s. Many names come to mind. I regularly partner up as tail-end Charlie for Godfather and I consider myself alright with rear gunning skills- downed many planes. Always lots of laughs! Come crew up with us on TS next time, Runner.

And GF flew in the back of my 110 a couple of times yesterday and shot at least 1 attacker down I think. All good fun.

Ezzie

DUI
May-05-2014, 06:13
Still, it would be very helpful if the AI gunners in your plane had better aiming skills. If you fly bombers (not necessarily Bf 110) in close formation with your squadron mates you hardly have the capabilities to jump into the gunner seat.

Currently, the AI gunners shoot a lot but hardly hit anything. Flying in formation more or less just supports the attacker to damage multiple planes in one attack run and not only a single one.

Runnner
May-05-2014, 09:07
1+ This what I thinking too! And hey Spits and Hurris you want babykills or a really kill like a men? :-)

DUI
May-05-2014, 11:44
It is not really a red-blue thing as there are also a lot of Blenheim pilots around. And as announced the first new TF bomber will be the Wellington (in the far future).

As an 80% fighter pilot better aiming AI gunners will probably harm me more than I will benefit of them. In any case it would make the whole flying experience as fighter and bomber pilot more interesting.

Runnner
May-14-2014, 04:52
There are no new statement from ATAG about stronger Heckgunner? The Gameplay really need it.

JG4_sKylon
May-14-2014, 05:03
DUI might correct me if i am wrong but the problem seems to be the AI gunners in human controlled planes.
They perform very bad while AI gunners in AI controlled planes are not so bad at all.