PDA

View Full Version : We have TRIM!

1lokos
May-08-2014, 14:11
:)

http://i62.tinypic.com/14brpx.jpg

Curious the propeller (?) effect over the elevator, bull all work good.

:thumbsup:

Sokol1

LuseKofte
May-08-2014, 14:55
That is even better news than the LA-5. I am installing as w speak

ATAG_EvangelusE
May-08-2014, 15:08
And about time too!

Edit: I can only see Trim button assignments but no option for using axis. Looking at your pics 1lokos it seems like you have trim assigned to axis, have I overlooked something?

LuseKofte
May-08-2014, 16:32
You right, they removed the hotas settings and plased button in stead . I don't like this. But at least we got trim

dburne
May-08-2014, 16:44
Unless we can assign to an axis, I will just continue to use the trim I put into the TARGET software for my Warthog.

1lokos
May-08-2014, 18:05
For now you can assign trim on axis, but the trim respond only in one direction, or Up or Down, depends if axis are inverted or no. So no practical use.

On keys the response is fast, if you press and hold the key (or button/HAT) what invalidates the argument "trim on slider" - exploit of il-2 (original) when players set trim on throttle axis, typically a slider on 3in1 joystick to make "bat turns" - to dont set trim on axis.

Probable need tuning in game engine to work properly.

Sokol1

darkside3/4
May-08-2014, 19:08
Bravo 777 on La-5 and trim, the first aircraft I feel really comfy in...lesson to any new developers, don't wait this far in early access to implement it, nearly turned me off it was soo frustrating in MP trying to shoot and PIO'ing everywhere.

Skoshi_Tiger
May-09-2014, 03:19
Great news about the trim, though I'd like to be able to control it with an axis (I normaly run my trim through a 10 turn pot on my homebrew controller).

Pictures of the LA-5 look VERY nice.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to download and play with the beast over the weekend! :)

LuseKofte
May-09-2014, 04:20
To me the LA-5 got a fantastic feel to it, you can feel the G forces at turns and it all feels very authentic. So much so that I was a bit surprised about its performance.
It feels like a LAGG in turns , but does not bleed as much energy, it can keep the 109 in turns barely, but not for very long.
I tested it against ace 109 and got one with the deadly 20 mm cannon but got shot down after that, a good head on fighter, but you need to be a good shot in dogfight, you aint got much ammo.
This kind of airplane is right in my alley and shows this is a simulator witch we only can hope turn out as we want it, at least a bit more than it is now

1lokos
May-09-2014, 12:25
Movable trims tabs in game (what is like real planes, although are some "veterans" asking for Bf 109 aileron, rudder trim... :D ):

Bf 109 - Stabilizer trim (work since early days).

Ju 87 - Elevator (left side), rudder

il-2 Sturmovik - elevators

LaGG-3 - Elevators, rudder, aileron

Pe-2 - Elevators, rudder, aileron (right side)

Yak-1 - Elevators

La5 -

Fw 190 -

He 111 -

Sokol1

AKA_Recon
May-09-2014, 17:34
wow - trim on a button.

where we at now - 48.8% complete ? :)

LuseKofte
May-10-2014, 11:37
Does anyone really care?

1lokos
May-10-2014, 12:58
Ones that have X-52, X-55, Saitek Trim, Saitek Quadrant, Ch Quadrant, VKB Fat Mamba... and ones that build DIY trim devices with multi-turn pots, encoders... some these care's. :thumbsup:

Sokol1

LuseKofte
May-10-2014, 13:40
I got a homebuilder Trim , far better than those following sticks. So it is rendered useless by BOS. I care, it was the reply above I answered to

wow - trim on a button.

where we at now - 48.8% complete ?
Yesterday, 18:25