PDA

View Full Version : News from Desastersoft

heinkill
May-16-2014, 12:30
Just got this in my inbox - new career mod campaign from DSoft:

W.I.P. NEWS!

Available in english too!

Dear friends, customers, enthusiasts,

Since December 2013 a new Cliffs of Dover add-on has been in development.
With of course lots off new stuff both in the career mode and missions. One of the features is a totally new career mode in which you start as lowest in rank in your squadron and you needing to work your way up to squadron leader. How much missions you will need to achieve this goal will depend on your skill level and achievements, and the difficulty setting you have selected.

This career game mode is expected to have 150 missions in the long version (planned) of which we have completed and tested 130 missions.
The campaign revolves around 1.Staffel of group I. / JG 26 called the Eagle squadron. The campaign can be played in three different versions:

Career mode – as described above with probably 150 missions taking place between June 22nd and December 31st 1940.
Historically – based on the actual operational deployment by group I. / JG 26 with around 70 missions.
Guided campaign – you will be guided through the massive campaign with deployments to specific timeframes with new aircraft assigned to you.

In addition there will be a Bf 110- and Stuka campaign both, again, in various versions.

Some details about the Stuka campaign.

The Stuka campaign will be a kind of adventure. It won’t be about just smash targets. But also to follow in the footsteps of Stuka ace Oberst Hans Ulrich Rudel. Rudel shot down 9 enemy airplanes in his Junkers 87. You are required to do the same aside the ground targets you need to destroy.

TEAM FUSION support

All campaigns will be available as an EXTRA for TEAM FUSION fans/members.

They include the by TEAM FUSION provided autumn- and winter maps, various sub-versions of the aircraft used and a historical campaigns set in the year 1941. Once all relevant aircraft types are created and ready, a TEAM FUSION release can be expected. Together with TEAM FUSION, DESASTERSOFT will be heading off into the year 1941!

The add-on CHANNEL BATTLES - LUFTWAFFE will be available as download, starting end of August.

Added to the series will be CHANNEL BATTLES – ROYAL AIR FORCE set available as a single download.
Following the above releases we will be offering a special collector’s edition box called SONDEREDITION. It will containing the two add-ons CHANNEL BATTLES – LUFTWAFFE and CHANNEL BATTLES – ROYAL AIRFORCE a war map and a printed manual. But this Box is in german only!

We hope you have some patience left while waiting in great anticipation for this release.

Regards,
Los Desastros.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
May-16-2014, 13:51
Yes we are very happy to hear that Desastersoft is continuing to produce missions for CLIFFS OF DOVER including Team Fusion's mods. :thumbsup:

In the future we will also be working with them to allow the creation of missions with our TF 5.0 expansion. :salute:

Doozy
May-16-2014, 16:56
WOW !
Great news from D S and Buzzsaw too , thanks guys ..made my day :thumbsup:

Doozy

dburne
May-16-2014, 17:25
That is great news indeed, I can see me really sinking my teeth into this!
Can't wait - with all the efforts from the folks here for single player, and now this, I have many many hours of enjoyment ahead!

Chivas
May-17-2014, 12:38
Do Desastersoft campaigns have an RRR option for offline play, or are they currently working on incorporating the option?

ZG15_robtek
May-17-2014, 18:10
Moin Mädels!

Viele hat es bisher gestört, dass man beim Start den Autopiloten in der Kampagne nutzen sollte, da man sonst in der Regel seine Mitflieger nicht bei sich hatte.
Das Problem habe ich vor ein paar Tagen gelöst.
Es liegt daran, dass die KI den Spieler beim Start "im Blick" behalten muss, wenn man den Autopiloten nicht benutzt.
Gehe wie folgt vor:

Rolle zur Startbahn
Fordere Startbedingungen an (TAB -> 7 -> 3)
Fordere Starterlaubnis an (TAB -> 7 -> 6)
Starten
Nach dem Start in eine Platzrunde rechts gehen und die Platzrunde so lange aufrecht erhalten, bis die Nummer 2, 3 und 4 gestartet sind.
Bleibt Ihr in der Platzrunde, sehen die KI Flieger Euch und reihen sich ein und Ihr könnt genau so agieren, wie mit Autopilot Start.

100 mal getestet, funktioniert einwandfrei.

Gruß
Tom
Ps: Wenn einer von Euch das für die "Briten" übersetzen würde....

Hi Girlies,
many were irritated that in single player missions the autopilot had to be used to let the wingmen follow the player.
This problem is solved since a few days.
The reason is, that the wingman had to keep the visual contact to the flight leader to be able to follow him if one doesn't use the autopilot.
Now you can act as follows:

Taxi to the runway.
request take off conditions (TAB -> 7 -> 3)
request take off clearance (TAB -> 7 -> 6)
Take off
Enter the right hand traffic pattern.
Stay in the circuit until no 2, 3 and 4 have taken off also.
When you stay in the traffic pattern you are visible and they will follow you as if you had used the auto pilot.
Tested a hundred times without any problems.

Greetings
Tom

PS: If one of you all could translate this for the "Britons" please.....

FAE_Cazador
May-18-2014, 17:23
Wow, if this fix is truly successfull (no doubt, it is stated it's been double checked) it would be worth a separate thread and to be sticked!! This issue has been a big gamestopper for us offliners! Robtek please, spread the good news !
:)