PDA

View Full Version : Need help, point tracker plugin tracks more than 3 light sources with ps3 eye cam

Lymark
May-18-2014, 01:00
I made myself an IR 3 point clip and have been trying to make it work with both the Ps3 eye camera and facetracknoir point tracker plugin. However , it tracks tons of light sources on my background and unable to track the 3 particular IR lights from the clip no matter how I adjust the Threshold setting. So far, the only solution I have figured out is to wait til the sun is down and turn off all the lights in my living room which is ridiculous:doh:

vranac
May-18-2014, 05:48
Hi, you have to do two things. First one is to remove a IR filter from the camera if possible (on some PS3 eye you can't)
And second the more important one, make a filter for ambient light from a floppy disc or the beginning (lightened part) of a color film
if you can find one ( 1-3 layers).

ATAG_Colander
May-18-2014, 10:00
+1

After I removed the filter (you'll need some patience to not screw up the camera sensor) and found a floppy I made a cap like this:
- Find a plastic bottle cap (I made it with a Coke one) that fits tight on the PS3eye lens cilinder.
- Cut a circular whole in the cap leaving some internal borders.
- Cut to size and carefully glue the floppy piece to the inside of the cap.
- Place the cap on the camera.

Also, make sure you are using infra red leds and not normal ones.

ATAG_EvangelusE
May-18-2014, 15:14
I use Freetrack but also tried Facetracknoir with the IR 3point clip facility. I may be wrong biut noticed that this software doesn't have access to the PS3eye camera properties menu so that you can set Gain to minimum and adjust the 'Exposure' to adjust the cameras sensitivity to light.

I use Freetrack V2 with a piece of floppy disc covering the PS3 eye lens (as advised above). FT works extremely well and gives direct access to the PS3 camera properties for optimal performance and reducing the problem of stray light.

I have seen on the Freetrack forum that some users are using the later PS3 eye cameras that cannot have the IR filter removed but work fine with IR leds anyway. ##

All the best....