and it works fine up to TF 4.30 with resistance on takeoff and shaking and
vibrating with the guns.

When I Install 4.312 the joystick is dead literally nothing at all on take off
bumps, gun firing, anything at all.

The joystick works on all other patches and all other games just not the
TF 4.312 patch.

Combat Wombat
May-21-2014, 15:08
Not had this problem sorry but to Start with is it showing in devices and printers? then run COD and check again,I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon for you.

ATAG_EvangelusE
May-21-2014, 17:40
Things to check.

1. In conf file (located in the Documents - Cliffs of Dover Mod folder) open it and check FF=1

2. Check you have the Forcefeedback files in the FF folder (located in the Steam installation game folder - Parts - Core)

Alternatively, you can set the Sidewinder to work with just the motors acting as a centre spring and no longer controlled by CoD, this is also useful to check that the Sidewinder is actually working in windows. This is how I use mine in CloD and it works the moment windows boots up).

The details on how to do this can be found in the thread link beloow but this method will prevent any software from accessing the full range of FF effects other than 'return to centre' unless you revert the settings back to the original when you change game.........http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7374&highlight=force+feedback

439th_Wtornado
May-22-2014, 08:49
Well I guess its over.

Joystick works fine in IL-2 1946 and HSFX.

When I reinstalled the game I tested the joystick after each install
3.0 it worked fine 3.01 it worked fine in 4.0 final it worked fine
in 4.3 it worked fine.

Joystick does not work in 4.312.

Something changed in the last patch.

Maybe the next patch if I am lucky there is nothing wrong with the joystick.

Found a little program called ''Forcetest'' where you force the joystick to work

Tested =spring center
constant force
periodic force
friction
damping
grooves

All work at 100% the force that joystick has with that programme is amazing.

Ohms
May-22-2014, 09:40
Did you look in the core folder? I have a MSSFF 2 joystick and it works fine with the latest patch.

Ohms

439th_Wtornado
May-22-2014, 10:17
Ya hell I can even modify the ffe files.

Well old joysticks and new Window products with
less and less support will be the end of gaming for me.

Tired of spending countless hours of getting things to work properly.

No wonder all my kids play consoles after seeing me screw around with these
games hahaha.:)

439th_Wtornado
May-22-2014, 10:58
Sick of always fighting to get things to work right after
12 years of patches betas hotfixes and crap.

I give up joystick removed and back to
World of Tanks you just click ''play'' and
everything works .

Robo.
May-22-2014, 12:01
I am using the same joystick like you and have had no issues at all.

It would be worth double-checking, if the files you used in vanilla version are located correctly in the new MOD folder used by the game:

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD

Technically, nothing has changed and as long as your joystick works fine in Windows (Devices and printers etc.), there is no reason at all for it to be not working in Cliffs of Dover patched to latest TF patch. Please don't give up, it might be something very trivial. :thumbsup:

edit - I see you got it working in 4.30. That does not make any sense. :doh:

ATAG_Snapper
May-22-2014, 16:31
I plugged in my Sidewinder for the first time since I had updated to TF 4.312 and it worked fine. I noted in config.ini that it was FF-1, not FF=1. Dunno is that makes a difference or not.

Not being a big fan of FFE in Clod, I tried Ziegler's little Regedit tip to disable it, yet have centering force applied rather than a limp stick (the joystick, that is). Worked a treat! :thumbsup:

439th_Wtornado
May-23-2014, 09:00
Thankyou for all the info everyone I found all of the posts on the joystick and am wondering
instead of modifing my regedit and dumbing the MSSWFF2 to to a catatonic state why not just
buy a springload joystick and not burn out my Microsoft one when it is not being used for its
real purpose.

ATAG_EvangelusE
May-23-2014, 10:37
Thankyou for all the info everyone I found all of the posts on the joystick and am wondering
instead of modifing my regedit and dumbing the MSSWFF2 to to a catatonic state why not just
buy a springload joystick and not burn out my Microsoft one when it is not being used for its
real purpose.

It's very subjective, but I have a X52 gathering dust because the FF motors acting just as 'return to centre' is far better than a spring for me. I tried the X52 recently and couldn't get used to it - no where near as precise (and the SW is more comfortable). I doubt I could ever go back to a conventional spring loaded stick so bought a spare SWFF.

439th_Wtornado
May-23-2014, 13:59
I can pick up a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick (Silver/Black) for 32$ cdn which is dirt cheap and not that bad.

I tried that stick before inhand and it is not that bad.

As long as it works like it should as a supported product.

439th_Wtornado
May-23-2014, 14:20
I think we will wake up someday and Windows and games will not be supporting the Sidewinder FF 2
stick at all.

And it is Windows I trust the least about that.

Edited update. :)

I was so desperate I tried to install my Windows SW 4.0 disk over Win 7
hoping I could get the Game profiler and joystick set-up to work to be able
to change the damping, spring strength everything actually like it did in XP
and all mt other previous OS'.

Stick seems useless compared to what is was in IL-2 1946 and with mods
in XP and Windows 2000,SW 4.0 disk installed.

I sure do miss that little green and red ''SW'' icon running on my task bar.

No Win 7 won't use the disk.:ind::(

439th_Wtornado
May-24-2014, 22:09
I bought the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick (Silver/Black) today for 32$ cdn at Futureshop.ca.

If you need a stick and you want one that is pretty bloody good and live in Canada now is the time.

It is regularly 60$ and is on special for 40$ at that store.

Get a store clerk and tell him you can get it at:

http://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-Extreme-Joystick-Silver-Black/dp/B00009OY9U

for 32.99$ SHIPPING INCLUDED(important to get the deal)and he /she will take off an extra 10% off the price difference­.

The Support is great with the Logitech 5.10.127 game profiler to set the joystick up with

the buttons activate on game launch once programmed.

15 mins to setup and you're good to go.