PDA

View Full Version : TS manners !

jaydee
Feb-04-2012, 05:57
Picture this : Had a busy day and at the end of it I had couple hours for ME !..Jumped on ATAG,(pretty quiet) into my spit,said hello on TS while Im warming up...that was mistake !..There's flak everywhere and there's aguy screaming in my headphones,"Im getting shot up,F@@@ this Spit 1A,Its not fair,I want spit 2,we cant climb like them,its not fair,F@@@ this !" This goes on and on !.....I ask him to turn,..The rant goes on and on.....at least 3 109s attacking that I can see..maybe more...the rant goes on and on as I take off,I ask him to calm down and work together...the rant goes on and on...I got an angle on a 109 whilst thers one on my six...I got shot down !..No worries,Ill go again ! Guess what? No need to repeat it all again !.Same out come for me !..Turns out "one of the best 109 pilots (and co)in this server are hanging around "Mansgate" and Ive got an IDIOT screamin and hollerin in my ear !..I dont like to say this guys but this guy is part of a squad that flies ATAG alot,some of who know me and Ive flown with (and Ive got alot of respect for the guys in that squad)! I dont know how this guy is in that squad........Hey guys,Im new to all this TS and relatively new to online flying ,Ive mainly flown alone so I dont know jack about TS rules !...(Sadly) Maybe there's a place for a Sticky to remind guys to behave on TS !..Respectively jay ~S~

ChiefRedCloud
Feb-04-2012, 08:49
Jaydee I can only imagine the irritation there ...... but I can detect it in your comment here. Not my doing but I'm sorry you experianced such as this. I honestly feel that brevity (the less said the better) is a key tool in communication in a combat situation. Of course this does not factor out the normal hey how are you chatter.

I would suggest, if you haven't (and I suspect you have), just PMing Bliss or one of the other HQ staff as to the heart of the problem and let them try to handle it. Less feathers ruffled and certainly less heartburn all around. :no

ATAG_Knuckles
Feb-04-2012, 10:02
Jaydee:

I'll certainly back you up here: Although I have used inappropriate language from time to time, there have been issues with certain people that use the "F" word several times in every sentence all the time. Kind of wears at you after a while. To be honest there was a specific squad I was interested in ,, except several members acted as if they had just learned those word and made a point to use them at every instance. I remember doing that when I was 14.

saying that here's my point:years ago "Fighter Ace" we had our own TS server, and had this issue. Then we had a few young kids start to fly (probably 12-14) who heard this and of course assumed they could talk like that too !!! So several were politely asked to "keep it clean and fun" and they did !!!.

As the TS server represents ATAG I will personally speak to the Administrators. Thanks for speaking up

Knuckles

Ohms
Feb-04-2012, 10:10
Hopefully he was just having a bad day BUT if that was not the case Iwould bring it up to other members of his squad as all have a code of conduct, the rest of the group do not want to get painted with the same brush.:no

Ohmie

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-04-2012, 10:42
Hi Jaydee. Sorry to hear this. Sent you a PM.

Snapper

ATAG_JTDawg
Feb-04-2012, 10:53
Sorry to here that jaydee! :no there is a couple guys like that,but on your ts option i think you can mute or block him or turn his volume all the way down. great flying with ya, you might also contact the squad.

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-04-2012, 11:01
Great input, Dawg. I actually assigned a button on my joystick to toggle TS Mute on & off -- sometimes when you're in the middle of a dogfight.....radio silence is a blessing!

That said, I'm sure we're all in agreement that what Jaydee had to put up with goes way beyond the pale -- cuss words and ranting included! Hopefully we can get this resolved in short order. :thumbsup:

MADDMANN
Feb-04-2012, 11:36
Jaydee

Helpfull info for you m8

In teamspeak you can right hand click on a persons name in the list (the foul mouth one)

You can mute or lower there mic playback volume to end that type of bad manners.

(Dont forget any rule breakers who offend over and over plz let a ATAG know)

~S~

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-04-2012, 11:46
Handy info, thanks for passing it along, Madmann.

Agree 100% -- anyone can slip up in the excitement of the moment, but for the occasional times when someone doesn't get the "hint" please let us know. These situations can be handled quickly with tact and diplomacy....and followed up with as much firmness as necessary if "nice" doesn't work.

We're all here to have fun, after all. :happy

ATAG_Striker
Feb-04-2012, 13:31
i shall investigate:inq:

jaydee
Feb-04-2012, 16:02
Hey guys,thanks for all your support in this. I was in two minds whether to post the OP.Like Ohmie said maybe he was just havin a bad day !....Ive set up my TS "mute" on my stick anyway ! ~S~

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-04-2012, 16:34
Jaydee, I believe by speaking up as you did that you've done us ALL a favour as a general "wake-up" call. I've received a number of PM's, TS private conversations, and even Steam chats which, without exception, were highly supportive of your concern. A few things that were mentioned to me come to mind:

1) A number of players use speakers, not headsets, and have kids nearby within earshot.

2) We are fortunate enough to have younger players actually flying with us on the ATAG Server at all hours of the day, given the global nature of online play.

3) Teamspeak is a public comms utility and is not generally passworded for the ATAG Server -- anyone has access.

4) Many of us put up with a lot of crap, swearing, ranting etc in our workdays (but at least we get PAID for it!). Understandably, we just want to fire up our chosen plane, take to the air, and enjoy ourselves and some TS camaraderie for a bit by getting away from the unpleasant stuff.

I'd be the first one to admit that sometimes we can forget ourselves a bit in the excitement and tension of a dogfight or bombing run. But those of you reading this would be doing me a personal favour if you could take this back to your respective squadrons/forums/etc as a meeting discussion topic just to get "the word to the wise" out. Let me know here or via PM what you're thinking -- all input welcome.

Salute to you all,

Snapper :salute:

ATAG_Striker
Feb-04-2012, 18:10
sounds good to me. ya either mute or try to get them to calm down or change channels. if anyone has question about this please pm me or on ts. ill try to answer. :salute:

ATAG_Striker
Feb-05-2012, 06:15
ts code of conduct is up i will notify all atag mods