PDA

View Full Version : Ju 88 Pilot's Note's

MajorBorris
Feb-07-2012, 14:29
Heres a link to the notes, no log in needed. If you want to make copies the one =AN=Filipe put up is a little better.

http://www.allworldwars.com/Ju-88-Flying-Operations-Manual.html

Enjoy!

Doc
Feb-07-2012, 14:56
Thank you! :thumbsup:

ChiefRedCloud
Mar-03-2012, 15:11
Borris I wonder if you or some of the other Ju88 drivers would give me/us some tips on 88 take offs in CloD? Thanks .....

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-03-2012, 17:43
Hi CRC,

This is how I do it (probably not right) but it works :thumbsup:

Anyhow, I usually take 50% fuel - 3 to 4 hours of flight time, and a full compliment of bombs. At tramcourt, I taxi down the concrete runway until I am near the end of the strip by the huge hangers. That way I can take off using the full runway.

On take off, I have prop pitch and throttle at 100%, oil & water rads at 85%, and at this point I'm only monitoring my speed. Once I hit 190-195kph (don't go any faster or risk a tire explosion) I pull back on the stick just to get the ol' girl off the ground. Some people take off with flaps, I rarely do.

After your wheels are up immediately put up the landing gear and drop pitch back to 80% - all your trying to do at this point is maintain enough altitude to not collide with anything, but also gain more speed. Now you start monitoring all your engine revs and boost gauges - these are on the right side of the instrument panel. One way to see them better is to remove the front gun from your Ju88.

If you look closely at your rev and boost indicators you'll notice you have a green line, a yellow line, and a red line. Boris, who only flies the 88 lives on the wild side and keeps those gauges on the yellow lines. I always keep mine on the green or below. If you do that and make sure to keep your dials never into the red, and monitor your temps, you'll never have an engine problem.

Once you hit 3600m, engage the superchargers! It's a good idea to throttle down a bit before you do though.

That's what I do anyhow. Hope it helps!

ChiefRedCloud
Mar-03-2012, 20:50
Thanks Bliss .... I'll give it a whack ... :thumbsup:

MajorBorris
Mar-05-2012, 13:46
Ill try and meet you on the field too CRC, just let me know when you want to:happy

ChiefRedCloud
Mar-05-2012, 18:46
Thanks Borris .... :hpyclp: