PDA

View Full Version : Specific plane pass through trigger

♣_Spiritus_♣
May-30-2014, 23:10
Started making another map and want to know if this is possible:

I know you can trigger things to spawn in when planes go through a specific area of the map. Can I further customize this so it would only trigger for specific planes? There is a massive ground battle in one of the target areas and I think it would be nice to be able to have a flanking tank column spawn in when bombers fly through the area, almost like a prioritized target system. Bombers would be going to drop on the recon/mission target and instead get a message on the HUD saying destroy the tank column flanking our troops. Would be nice to have the spontaneity of not having to list all the actual targets to roll the map.

Thanks!

:salute:

No601_Swallow
May-31-2014, 03:07
My understanding of the pass-through trigger is that you can choose a couple of options in the triggers dialogue box - the player (for SP) and "sides" (red or blue, natch) for MP. I don't think you can get more specific than that. I would be nice to be able to specify a particular flight of aircraft, but I don't think you can.

In theory, there's also a ground units pass-through trigger, which might perhaps serve, but I think this is broken in the game.

It looks like you'd have to resort to scripts, which could do this - check for bombers close to a particular point, but, of course, I haven't a clue how to achieve this.

♣_Spiritus_♣
May-31-2014, 12:51
Thanks Swallow, thats what I was thinking too.

Hopefully a script magician can come through, I have attempted at no avail. I was looking at how the game knows who shot down who, I mean there has got to be a away to keep a trigger from going off unless a specific type of plane/s go through it.

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jun-01-2014, 15:34
Would it be possible to work around this by creating a submission within the actual mission to act as a trigger or are we still tied to having these go off by sides rather than specific planes?

Also, does ATAG's server allow for submission triggers?