PDA

View Full Version : Joystick help: 1946

Jet
Feb-10-2012, 17:28
I just installed 1946 again given that CoD is broken and theres no patch in sight. I have a problem with 1946 recognizing my X-52 controller however and was wondering if anyon had any insight into this. If I got to the Hotas control I can enter the axis controls but nothing else on the stick or throttle works. Also the very useful sensitivity sliders are disabled and there is no joystick available in the drop down box in the controls page. Anyone know how to make 1946 recognize my X-52? Thanks.

ATAG_Torian
Feb-10-2012, 20:11
I just installed 1946 again given that CoD is broken and theres no patch in sight.

I think we would take issue with u that it's "broken". Sure it's not all we want it
to be right now and there's some major patching needed but there are an awful
lot of people playing it and still having a heckuva lotta fun.
Your pc may not be powerful enuff to play it properly and that has been a real
issue for many who have come over from 1946 and I admit to being one of those
who built a whole new pc specifically to run this sim but it's not broken.

As to your js problem, I would suggest u post on the 1C 1946 forum as
there are many knowledgable folk there.
Is your stick showing up in windows (whatever version u have) as a game
controller and does it work when u go to calibrate it ?
WHen u installed 1946 did u do a clean new install or a copy n paste from a back up ? If so u may have a different stick profiled to that game.
Have u selected js in the gamesettings ?
In the conf.ini about halway down under the paragraph [rts] make sure
joyuse=1
Thats about all I can think of anyway but the 1C forums would be your best bet.

Jimbop
Feb-11-2012, 00:11
Yes, try 1C. Did you install the Saitek software? Does the stick work in CoD?

Jet
Feb-11-2012, 00:32
Torian, when I said it was broken I was mainly talking about the FM's, to me the most important aspect of the sim. It runs fine on my machine save for the slowdowns and launcher crashes everyone is getting.

As to my joystick problem, it would seem I can program all the buttons and everything works its just that I get no joystick to select in the controls menu and I cannot adjust the sensitivity sliders for any axis. I cant actually open the setup program for 1946 since I have the steam version and all it does is launch the game. I have chacked the config file and joyuse is set to 1. The buttons and axes are being detected however something odd is definitely happening. I noticed whenever I assign a control it gives some odd figures for the button ie: aileron control= [B]Y Axis 9ID[B/] The 9ID part is what is confusing, I have no idea what this is.

I did a clean re-install of 1946 and still have this issue. It was working fine when I was using it months ago, something strange is going on here. I am going to comb through the game files and see what I can find. Let me know if anyone has any other useful info, thanks.

Jet
Feb-11-2012, 00:50
Ha! I just figured it out. I had my Thrustmaster MFDs plugged in (not an issue with any other game) and this was confusing 1946. Unplugged them and now everything is normal again.:Grin:

Jimbop
Feb-11-2012, 01:33
Interesting. Thanks for sharing the solution.