PDA

View Full Version : Start multiple applications

Jimbop
Feb-11-2012, 16:24
I got sick of manually starting FRAPS, TrackIR, Teamspeak, TSNotifier, JoyToKey (you get the picture) every time I wanted to fly. Here's a very simple way to start multiple applications with a batch file.

Just paste the following into notepad, change the paths so they point to your shortcut instead of mine, and save as a .bat file wherever you like. Mine is start_CoD.bat on the desktop.

start /min D:\batchlinks\Fraps.lnk
start /min D:\batchlinks\JoyToKey.lnk
start /min "D:\batchlinks\TrackIR v5.lnk"
start /min D:\batchlinks\TeamSpeak3.lnk
start /min D:\batchlinks\TSNotifier.lnk
cls

Notes:
1. /min starts it minimized.
2. If the patch to your shortcut has spaces then add quotes as below for the TrackIR link.
3. cls just clears the DOS screen, just a habit.
4. I have my shortcuts in a single directory, D:\batchlinks, but this is not necessary.

ATAG_Colander
Feb-11-2012, 16:46
And you can kill them with:
taskkill /FI "IMAGENAME eq NAME_OF_THE_EXECUTABLE.exe" /T /F

Jimbop
Feb-11-2012, 16:46
Colander, it works fine to open the apps but then launcher fails. Any idea why? Launcher crashes only when the applications are opened with this method.

Edit: Nothing to do with above. Fraps has stopped working with CoD for me.

ATAG_Knuckles
Feb-12-2012, 09:27
My FRAPS quit working when I started using TS Notifier. Dutch was the one that gave me the heads up with that one!

Knucks

ATAG_Colander
Feb-12-2012, 12:35
Colander, it works fine to open the apps but then launcher fails. Any idea why? Launcher crashes only when the applications are opened with this method.

Edit: Nothing to do with above. Fraps has stopped working with CoD for me.

jimbop,

No idea but try starting the launcher.exe directly instead of the shortcut. Maybe it makes a difference.

Jimbop
Feb-12-2012, 14:09
It is Fraps and TSNotifier not playing nicely together. Works fine apart from that - thanks Knuckles.

ATAG_Knuckles
Feb-12-2012, 16:30
I'd like to find a fix for that

(i.e. TS Notifier/FRAPS

Knucks