PDA

View Full Version : Server Authentication Issues

Catseye
Feb-11-2012, 19:11
Hi Guys,
Cannot get into the ATAG server 4pm pacific time Saturday. Authentication failure. I can get into all other servers shown on the list.

This is unusual as for the ATAG server.

Any tips??

Thx,
Catseye

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-11-2012, 19:53
Hi Catseye,

I found this from an older post by Bliss to another player with the same problem:

"But occasionally steam can leave an instance of you on the server without you being there. So basically when you try to connect, the connection will timeout because your steam account is already there (can't have duplicates)"

Bliss is away right now, but I'm sending a PM to Watchman to see if anything can be done. Otherwise, you might try changing your Steam nickname slightly to see if that works.

Sorry for this glitch - not your fault, obviously!

Catseye
Feb-11-2012, 19:59
Hi Guys,
Cannot get into the ATAG server 4pm pacific time Saturday. Authentication failure. I can get into all other servers shown on the list.

This is unusual as for the ATAG server.

Any tips??

Thx,
Catseye

Thanks,
Will try the name change thingy......

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-11-2012, 20:07
Cats, take a look at Doc's post further down!

Catseye
Feb-11-2012, 20:34
Cats, take a look at Doc's post further down!

Which thread Snapper??

Catseye
Feb-11-2012, 21:38
Well,
It's been about 4 hrs now and I've tried everything possible but still no connect to the ATAG server.

I can connect to most of the others on the list but not ATAG.

If there is an instance of me still showing linked up it must have something to do with the ATAG server and Steam?

This happened once before on the Aces High server and when it was rebooted it was fixed.

Thats all I have for now.

Cheers.
Cats . . .

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-12-2012, 02:31
Here's Doc's post Catseye:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?1130-Server-Authentication-Failed-message&p=7994#post7994

If this doesn't work, then the only thing left is to wait for the server to reset, which is a PITA. Are you able to log into Server #2?

Catseye
Feb-12-2012, 13:02
Here's Doc's post Catseye:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?1130-Server-Authentication-Failed-message&p=7994#post7994

If this doesn't work, then the only thing left is to wait for the server to reset, which is a PITA. Are you able to log into Server #2?

This worked.
It recognizes me as having reloaded the sim on a different computer.
All personal settings on steam need to be re-set and the user.ini needs to be copied back into the folder to get your convergence settings back.

Other than that it worked.

Thanks Guys,
Catseye

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-12-2012, 13:59
Sorry it put a crimp on your evening online simming plans, but glad you're up and running again.

Thanks for the follow-up, Cats!