PDA

View Full Version : June 2014 Update: For Backers only

Artist
Jun-07-2014, 15:53
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=125454

You need to be a backer (and registered at the forum) to read it.

ATAG_Colander
Jun-07-2014, 16:08
I guess those of us that still don't have the access are screwed.

Uwe
Jun-07-2014, 16:20
Is that the announcement that Luther is out?

Vlerkies
Jun-07-2014, 16:21
Backer schmacker

June 2014 Update

We would first like to apologize for the long delay in projects updates. Since the last update from Luthier, there have been some significant changes in how this project will be developed and managed. No longer will RRG be developing this project and Luthier has ceased his involvement in the project. Eagle Dynamics though will be continuing its development and honor all Kickstarter backer commitments. There is nothing more we can say about this change and it is not open for discussion.

Because there are some shared resources between projects (like cockpit systems programming), there will be some impact to our other projects. However, because much of the former RRG team is now employed by Eagle Dynamics, the impact on other Eagle projects will be minimal.

We will be restructuring the DCS WWII: Europe 1944 forums to reflect this.

DCS WWII: Europe 1944 is still planned as a single-package option, or users can purchase individual components to integrate into DCS World.

Myself and Groove plan to provide monthly updates.

As a basic outline, here are our current development intentions:

August 2014 – Fw 190 D-9 Dora
October 2014 - BF-109K
December 2014- Spitfire IX
March 2015 - P-47D-30
May 2015 - Normandy Map with period AI units
Other features like the Me.262A-1 and AI-only B-17G are also in development we but do not have a delivery data estimate at this time until these other features are further along.

In the meantime, Groove and our moderator SiThSpAwN are working to make sure that all backers, based on their level of backing, receive their entitlements.

We fully realize that you probably have many unanswered questions. We are in the process of answering those internally first, and once we do, we will update you.

In this update, we can share some updated images of the Fw 190 D-9 and Bf-109K cockpits. In future updates, Yoyo and other members of the development team will provide greater details about the various features.

Thanks,
Matt

ATAG_Colander
Jun-07-2014, 16:31
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10026&d=1402173045

ChiefRedCloud
Jun-07-2014, 16:52
WOW! Dare I say I'm waiting for "THE REST OF THE STORY" aka Paul Harvey?

Chief

Logan
Jun-07-2014, 17:14
Is that the announcement that Luther is out?
Yep, Sad but ...I kind of had that gut feeling it was headed that way when the updates dropped off and he had personal issues at home.

vranac
Jun-07-2014, 18:29
http://www.dodaj.rs/f/1Y/jf/1mJwqy2A/frankensteinjrmelbrooks1.jpg

:ind:

Chuck_Owl
Jun-07-2014, 19:34

ATAG_Colander
Jun-07-2014, 19:46
Chuck, those attachments are visible only for those with access to the eagle forum.

Uwe
Jun-07-2014, 19:52
Yep, Sad but ...I kind of had that gut feeling it was headed that way when the updates dropped off and he had personal issues at home.

I think a lot of us saw this coming and thus didn't buy into it.
They should hold another fund raiser, Id buy in now that it's just ED.

Chuck_Owl
Jun-07-2014, 20:46
Chuck, those attachments are visible only for those with access to the eagle forum.

Fixed.

Chuck_Owl
Jun-07-2014, 20:48

I don't like how you imply that those who had faith in the project in the very beginning didn't "see this coming".

Speaking for myself, I did.

ChiefRedCloud
Jun-07-2014, 21:15
My boarder line fanboy comment is that I feel it will eventually all see light and we will be Happy Happy Happy. But on a different note, I took a wait and see posture in the beginning and later sent several emails, which went unanswered, to Luther asking if anyone could still buy in. I have confidence that the aircraft will eventually be there. As for the rest, time will tell.

Chief

II/JG77_Con
Jun-08-2014, 08:25
IS
Ilya Shevchenko

still in the team

Chuck_Owl
Jun-08-2014, 08:32
No.

ATAG_Snapper
Jun-08-2014, 09:34
I'm sorry about the news of Ilya being off the project because he's a nice guy. His foibles regarding communication with his backers (us!) are well known. But I bought in without hesitation because of the considerable backing of ED. I have A10C, P51D, and the Huey. I like the DCS products and ED delivers the goods -- both their own and their 3rd party contractors' products. Ironically, with this change I expect development will be back on track with ED's commitment behind it.

I was pleased to see a delivery date of Dec/14 on the Spitfire IX, and a little surprised that it will be delivered before the Jug since we've seen nothing yet of the Spittie's development. Good times ahead for the sim community.

I do hope that Ilya is working on something that is close to his heart.

TheVino3
Jun-08-2014, 10:30
Interesting news, he seems like a perfectly nice person who really has a passion for Flight Sims rather than money making from them (cough cough), but if he was really screwing the project I guess it is good that he is gone from it. Sad for him though, this was his brainchild wasn't it? I really feel sorry for people who have to abandon their project's to other people, even if it is better for us. I really hope he finds something he can work on at his own speed.

Take it easy, Ilya :salute:

Foul Ole Ron
Jun-08-2014, 12:53
I was pleased to see a delivery date of Dec/14 on the Spitfire IX, and a little surprised that it will be delivered before the Jug since we've seen nothing yet of the Spittie's development. Good times ahead for the sim community.

I think Yo-Yo has been working on the Spit IX as a pet project for a while. He normally works on the aerodynamics, engine modelling, etc. so we haven't seen any model or pit pics yet but I guess decent progress has been made with the background stuff. My guess is that the 2 RRG guys who did the 109K model and pit will move on to the Spit IX pretty soon. Can't wait to fly it.

They seemed to be having some troubles with the Jug last I read in one of the updates - seems it's not the best documented plane for technical drawings and such which I thought a bit strange as I always thought that mid to late war US planes were pretty well documented.

Mattias
Jun-08-2014, 14:13
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/e0/e0a9a3d82274827346dad8eea5339e6517244be9b44299fd6a 5d5da2372e2a96.jpg

Old_Canuck
Jun-08-2014, 15:16
I'm wondering if Oleg will still be be involved in the project.

Vlerkies
Jun-08-2014, 15:16
Wags has provided some more clarity in the backer forum, not on the reasons for the changes due to legal issues, but with regards to development of WW2 and other projects. Also a very early 190 manual no doubt subject to much changes.

Vlerkies
Jun-08-2014, 15:19
I'm wondering if Oleg will still be be involved in the project.

It looks like that was all on Ilyas side, not ED.
The dev team or most of it is now working for ED and the project will be funded by ED.
Kickstarter funds are finished and were used to develop the planes and the Normandy map, somewhat incomplete one would no doubt gather at this stage.

AKA_Recon
Jun-08-2014, 15:36
glad to see the dev team working on it - they are obviously behind the work on those beautiful cockpits being made

Old_Canuck
Jun-08-2014, 15:54
It looks like that was all on Ilyas side, not ED.
The dev team or most of it is now working for ED and the project will be funded by ED.
Kickstarter funds are finished and were used to develop the planes and the Normandy map, somewhat incomplete one would no doubt gather at this stage.

I think Oleg is friends with ED but no matter, there's a lot of talent on that team as it is.

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Jun-08-2014, 17:06
Not sure why this all happened, but I do know who to blame:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aY9Ensgd0c

Mastiff
Jun-09-2014, 00:10
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/e0/e0a9a3d82274827346dad8eea5339e6517244be9b44299fd6a 5d5da2372e2a96.jpg

Exactly!!

Mastiff
Jun-09-2014, 00:11

lol

heinkill
Jun-09-2014, 07:11
Such a shame. But more optimistic now ED has taken the reigns.

I dont get why the roadmap has them releasing the aircraft as modules before the map and game itself.

How will the pricing work? They can't be planning to charge full 40 USD for every kite? By the time the map was released you would have spent hundreds of dollars...

I bought the P51D and enjoy it for what it is, but not enough to repeat the process with the FW190, Spit IX etc when there is no WWII combat environment to fight in and the online experience is so limited.

Just doesn't make business sense to me. Why don't they focus on the map, and do a proper early access alpha release when it is ready?

H

Hood
Jun-09-2014, 07:32
Gosh I thought there'd be a comment saying it's 777/Jason Williams's fault!?

By a strange dichotomy I'm actually happier now. He didn't deliver on CloD and DCS: WWII was going belly up from where I am standing, so this is actually good news as the project is far less likely to be vapourware.

The people who will suffer now are the ones that will have to buy in at a later date, because if you buy individually the aircraft will be expensive as will an all-inclusive patch.

Anyway, good times are a'coming.

Hood

ps just tried to get my password for the ED forums and it asked for another name for the Ka-50 but didn't recognise "Hokum". :)

airdoc
Jun-09-2014, 07:38
Such a shame. But more optimistic now ED has taken the reigns.

I dont get why the roadmap has them releasing the aircraft as modules before the map and game itself.

How will the pricing work? They can't be planning to charge full 40 USD for every kite? By the time the map was released you would have spent hundreds of dollars...

I bought the P51D and enjoy it for what it is, but not enough to repeat the process with the FW190, Spit IX etc when there is no WWII combat environment to fight in and the online experience is so limited.

Just doesn't make business sense to me. Why don't they focus on the map, and do a proper early access alpha release when it is ready?

H

Same feelings about the map here.
I think that the reason behind this choice is that the map is probably way behind schedule. About 7 months ago, Almazi, the map project lead designer announced that he stopped working with RRG. And about 2 months ago, luthier said in an update that they plan to throw in "a whole team" of people on map making after they are supposedly done with the aircraft project, in order to catch up. My guess is that the map team was understaffed and thus the whole project got serious delays, so now ED have no other option in order to catch up for this lost time.
The choice they made to release the warbirds earlier is probably a combination of many factors : to fulfill some of the kickstarter committments, to regain some credit with their audience and to get some revenue asap. The last part is probably the most important since in his new update Wags stated that the cost for the flight model development for the 109K only, was 120k USD. That's almost as much as the sum raised by the kickstarter. Adding up the costs cockpit and external graphics modelling, it should be around 200k for a module. For 5 aircraft we are talking about 1 million USD and adding the map should take the final budget around 1,250,000 USD. That's a raw estimate, but it shows that ED have to find some way to finance themselves and keep paying the rest of the RRG team who are now hired by them

56RAF_klem
Jun-09-2014, 08:13

I bought into it because it was the only visible successor to CoD/IL-2, TF apart of course, and I am a fan of ED's work. There are two positives to this:
1. Ilya tried to keep Oleg's dream alive and without his initiative we would not have ED on board and a potentially high level sim under development.
2. ED's involvement should ensure a good product.

So "thank you" to Ilya in spite of his outcome.

Screamadelica
Jun-10-2014, 02:18
I bought into it because it was the only visible successor to CoD/IL-2, TF apart of course, and I am a fan of ED's work. There are two positives to this:
1. Ilya tried to keep Oleg's dream alive and without his initiative we would not have ED on board and a potentially high level sim under development.
2. ED's involvement should ensure a good product.

So "thank you" to Ilya in spite of his outcome.

Well said Klem. Totally agree.

Skoshi_Tiger
Jun-10-2014, 07:14
My heart really goes out for Ilya. At least he tried, which is a hell of a lot more than most of us can say, and he obviously left the project in a state that could be taken on by others.

I wish him all the best in the future, what ever it may bring.

ps just tried to get my password for the ED forums and it asked for another name for the Ka-50 but didn't recognise "Hokum". :)

Try Black Shark. It's the name on the box.

Old_Canuck
Jun-10-2014, 11:58

What possible good can arise from such foolishness. Matt Stone and Trey Parker are obviously down to one weakly sparking brain cell between them.

hnbdgr
Jun-10-2014, 12:01
What possible good can arise from such foolishness. Matt Stone and Trey Parker are obviously down to one weakly sparking brain cell between them.

I must say I've never been to canada, but recently finished the stick of truth and quite liked the virtual tour that game provides. I never knew about dire aids and the barking spiders, seems there's so much I've missed :)

No.54 Ghost (KL-G)
Jun-10-2014, 17:08
I must say I've never been to canada, but recently finished the stick of truth and quite liked the virtual tour that game provides. I never knew about dire aids and the barking spiders, seems there's so much I've missed :)

well i have been to canada and i must say, the stick of truth got it absolutely right. did you know that they actually play the national anthem on the subway. it goes on repeat 24/7. dire aids is really starting to become a big problem over there. other than that, its actually quite nice for not being a real country.

hnbdgr
Jun-10-2014, 17:20
I will visit as soon as i get my passport photos done at photo dojo:)

No.54 Ghost (KL-G)
Jun-10-2014, 17:22
lol:)

ATAG_Freya
Jun-10-2014, 22:15
Here we go again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XdLheUC7kA

baronWastelan
Jun-11-2014, 00:30
Canadians are eh's-holes.

Tvrdi
Jun-11-2014, 04:28
Im still optimistic because Yoyo and guys WILL still deliver DCS WW2 44. Sooner or later.

No601_Swallow
Jun-11-2014, 18:27
For my thrupence' worth, I've got the P51 and I love it. I love being able to turn it on (from "cold and dark") and taxi and take off. And I've flown it like I used to FS2004, keeping those temps constant, trying to nail that glide path. But what I've flown ain't a "combat flight sim". It's a wonderful sim, but it don't quack, walk or, um, squat like a CFS. I'll admit I haven't flown any of the "missions", but I don't feel like I've missed out. Just flying this beautiful bird is it's own reward.

But I'm so glad the WWII stuff development doesn't depend on the organisational structures that had such vision for CloD but left so so profoundly broken. This can only be good news.

(By the way, it's great fun to see our US brothers piling on to little old Canada so much. I had no idea Americans were so insecure!)

Catseye
Jun-11-2014, 20:45
For my thrupence' worth, I've got the P51 and I love it. I love being able to turn it on (from "cold and dark") and taxi and take off. And I've flown it like I used to FS2004, keeping those temps constant, trying to nail that glide path. But what I've flown ain't a "combat flight sim". It's a wonderful sim, but it don't quack, walk or, um, squat like a CFS. I'll admit I haven't flown any of the "missions", but I don't feel like I've missed out. Just flying this beautiful bird is it's own reward.

But I'm so glad the WWII stuff development doesn't depend on the organisational structures that had such vision for CloD but left so so profoundly broken. This can only be good news.

(By the way, it's great fun to see our US brothers piling on to little old Canada so much. I had no idea Americans were so insecure!)

There is a major Canadian subversive thrust underway to fragment the U.S. and then take it over economically. The shock-troops are: William Shatner, Celine Dion, Justin Bieber.

:)

jaydee
Jun-12-2014, 06:10
Can somebody enlighten me ? How does Canada fit into the OP ? ~S~

hnbdgr
Jun-12-2014, 08:25
see post by ATAG_NakedSquirrel

Bait
Jun-12-2014, 11:27
There is a major Canadian subversive thrust underway to fragment the U.S. and then take it over economically. The shock-troops are: William Shatner, Celine Dion, Justin Bieber.

We tried with Shatner, he defected. We tried with Celine Dion, they sent her back. We tried with Nickelback, but our own leaders deemed that they were corrosive to all living life, but we have no guns to shoot them. Justin Beiber is our Last, Best Hope....

:devilish:

heinkill
Jun-14-2014, 20:57
We tried with Shatner, he defected. We tried with Celine Dion, they sent her back. We tried with Nickelback, but our own leaders deemed that they were corrosive to all living life, but we have no guns to shoot them. Justin Beiber is our Last, Best Hope....

:devilish:

Combat Wombat
Jun-15-2014, 04:36
http://youtu.be/g1awwAgU_t8

Bait
Jun-15-2014, 05:42
(Video of the Canadians Arriving)

God Save us All.

Bwahahahaha

Loved it.