PDA

View Full Version : Independent Load Out Utility for RAF Fighters

StiC
Jun-15-2014, 15:02
Features:
Easy installation. Run the utility from anywhere and point it to your user.ini file.
Read from the user.ini file to update the utility with your latest changes.
Manage all aspects regarding RAF fighters including regiment, callsign, markings and load out.
Quickly add, remove and manipulate ammo within the Main and Residual Belts.
Copy the load out of one weapon to any or all other weapons.
Create, Manage and Delete Load out Presets.
Keyboard shortcuts.
Copy the Preset of any aircraft to any or all other aircraft.
A quick overview describing each section of the utility.
Write the entire RAF fighter roster to the user.ini with one click.

Version 1.0

New Features:
Help.
Mirror Mode.
Copy squadron/aircraft information to other aircraft.
EDIT: Weapon Check in File Menu

Fixes:
The number of residual rounds now copies with the residual loadout.

http://youtu.be/oBaUzjIn7RE

Please protect yourself and backup your user.ini file. I have made every effort to anticipate and detect any errors, but I'm sure there is someone who will find something I didn't think of.
I have only tried it under Windows7 64bit Pro and Home.

Comments and Feedback are welcome.

ATAG_Freya
Jun-15-2014, 15:58
Thanks Stic! Had quick try at re-doing my residue belts and couldn't get it to happen, but I'll have to play with it more as my time is run out for today. Other than that, this looks very helpful and I found it easy to navigate throught the A/c loadouts. Thankyou for your work on this, I'll definitely be using it! :salute:

StiC
Jun-15-2014, 17:16
Thanks Stic! Had quick try at re-doing my residue belts and couldn't get it

Interesting. Did your residual belts load from user.ini OK? Could you not write them?

ATAG_Freya
Jun-15-2014, 21:05
They loaded all right, and I could see them in your program. I went in to my user.ini manually afterwards, and could see no changes. I'm wondering if I didn't save it properly. I've been using the Spit MK1 to play with this proggy so here is what I did step for step:

1- opened the program, selected spit mkI
2-switched the loadout to an existing one (catmix) that has residue belts in guns 1 and 8, 50 rounds #5
3-changed the number of rounds to 75, put in Dewilde only, hit copy to selected weapons
4- hit save (near the loadout name -Catmix)
5 hit 'write to user.ini'

then it says-- an error occured writing SpitfireMkI , No changes were made to user.ini

Looking in user.ini manually, I can verify that nothing changed.

beltPreset CatMix _Gun03 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 11 11 11 11 10
beltPreset CatMix _Gun06 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 2
beltPreset CatMix _Gun00 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 2 Residual 50 ResidueBelt 5
beltPreset CatMix _Gun01 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 2
beltPreset CatMix _Gun07 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 2 Residual 50 ResidueBelt 5
beltPreset CatMix _Gun02 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 11
beltPreset CatMix _Gun05 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 11
beltPreset CatMix _Gun04 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 11 11 11 11 10

Do I need to be using 'sync with user.ini button? I must just be doing something wrong...need to RTFM I guess. Once I get this working I can tell I'm gonna love it. Thanks again!

StiC
Jun-15-2014, 22:41
They loaded all right, and I could see them in your program. I went in to my user.ini manually afterwards, and could see no changes. I'm wondering if I didn't save it properly. I've been using the Spit MK1 to play with this proggy so here is what I did step for step:

1- opened the program, selected spit mkI
2-switched the loadout to an existing one (catmix) that has residue belts in guns 1 and 8, 50 rounds #5
3-changed the number of rounds to 75, put in Dewilde only, hit copy to selected weapons
4- hit save (near the loadout name -Catmix)
5 hit 'write to user.ini'

then it says-- an error occured writing SpitfireMkI , No changes were made to user.ini

Looking in user.ini manually, I can verify that nothing changed.

beltPreset CatMix _Gun03 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 11 11 11 11 10
beltPreset CatMix _Gun06 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 2
beltPreset CatMix _Gun00 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 2 Residual 50 ResidueBelt 5
beltPreset CatMix _Gun01 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 2
beltPreset CatMix _Gun07 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 2 Residual 50 ResidueBelt 5
beltPreset CatMix _Gun02 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 11
beltPreset CatMix _Gun05 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 11
beltPreset CatMix _Gun04 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 11 11 11 11 10

Do I need to be using 'sync with user.ini button? I must just be doing something wrong...need to RTFM I guess. Once I get this working I can tell I'm gonna love it. Thanks again!

I think the problem is one of your guns maybe empty in one of that aircrafts presets. Select each of your presets and click save. This will run a check and tell you the first empty gun it finds. If that doesn't help search for Loadout.ini and post the contents. Sorry for the trouble.

Edit:
I just noticed there is nothing selected for call sign. That's something that could cause the error as well.

ATAG_Freya
Jun-15-2014, 23:32
I think the problem is one of your guns maybe empty in one of that aircrafts presets. Select each of your presets and click save. This will run a check and tell you the first empty gun it finds. If that doesn't help search for Loadout.ini and post the contents. Sorry for the trouble.

Edit:
I just noticed there is nothing selected for call sign. That's something that could cause the error as well.

I got it working now! I saved all the presets as you described in the above quote, and then I proceeded with a slightly modified method of doing things compared to what I previously described. I used the 'sync with user.ini' button upon opening the program, then made my changes, then saved them (same process describe in above post) and clicked 'write to user.ini' button, AND despite the fact it gave me the same message ( - an error occured writing SpitfireMkI , No changes were made to user.ini), I hit 'sync with user.ini' again, then exited the program to check my user.ini manually, and the changes are there! I think I'm figuring this out now :-) , one day I promise I'll learn how to use a computer! I'll play with this more this week and will be happy to report back if I find anything more, but I think this is a great utility! Well done, Stic! Thankyou! :salute:

Edit: switched to another planes loadout and it's not working again. I'll have to dig into this more during the week..

StiC
Jun-16-2014, 05:43
The only time you should need to Sync with user.ini is after you made changes within the game.

Do me a favor and post or message the contents of your user.ini. I'll run it here to see if I can figure out what's going on.

StiC
Jun-16-2014, 18:31
Added a Hotfix patch to (hopefully) fix a bug where Hurricane MkI wasn't writing to the user.ini properly.

Patch can be found in the OP.

Sorry,
StiC

GunnyMac
Jun-16-2014, 18:51
Thanks a mill:salute:

ATAG_Freya
Jun-16-2014, 21:16
Hurricane MkI loaded and ready for battle! (just in case I ever fly the beast :D ) Thanks Stic, I'm getting the hang of this, it's a handy tool for loadout obsessed folk :recon:

StiC
Jun-19-2014, 21:16
Uploaded a new build to address the false positives for the "Changes Not Saved" pop up.

Build can be found in the OP.

StiC
Jun-20-2014, 01:05
Video Tutorial.

http://youtu.be/oBaUzjIn7RE

No.401_Wolverine
Jun-20-2014, 10:53
Amazing work, StiC. And a very good tutorial!

I think this is deserving of a StiC-y

StiC
Jun-20-2014, 11:59

Oh God!
FILE!

ATAG_Freya
Jun-20-2014, 12:10

(^very clever, Wolverine haha)

+1 Brilliant work, StiC !! This is a must have!

BenQuinn
Apr-26-2015, 05:31
This is the very best!
Is this the latest version, v0.92beta, I have downloaded from this thread, do I need to up-date?
Many thanks!

StiC
May-22-2015, 07:58
This is the very best!
Is this the latest version, v0.92beta, I have downloaded from this thread, do I need to up-date?
Many thanks!

Thanks. The latest, and probably final version can be found here. (http://401squadron.canadaboard.net/t408-raf-loadout-manager)

ATAG_Snapper
May-22-2015, 10:22

Absolutely. Thread stickied. :salute:

1lokos
May-22-2015, 13:20
Thanks. The latest, and probably final version can be found here. (http://401squadron.canadaboard.net/t408-raf-loadout-manager)

This site only allow registered users download, please place a copy in ATAG download section: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/Downloads.php

StiC
May-22-2015, 18:20
Version 1.0 added to original post.

Version 1.0

New Features:
Help.
Mirror Mode.
Copy squadron/aircraft information to other aircraft.
EDIT: Weapon Check in the File Menu

Fixes
The number of residual rounds now copies with the residual loadout.

No.401_StiC

69th_SunDog
May-25-2015, 21:44
Thanks a lot for this utility; I'm having a great time editing loadouts now, used to think it was a pain!

=FI=Murph
May-28-2015, 01:48
Thank you! A great utility.

elPatron
Jul-12-2015, 11:40
I do not have a 'users.ini' in the folder ".\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD", I have only a 'conf.ini' and a 'confUser.ini'.
The tool seems to read and write a 'user.ini' from and to somewhere, but I can not see any changes reflected in the game and I do not see an option in the tool to pick another file to edit.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

1lokos
Jul-12-2015, 11:51
Try this: Go to Options > Plane and in Loadout change something in ammo belt and SAVE AS with custom name, a user.ini should be created in 1c Soft folder.

elPatron
Jul-12-2015, 12:14
I have done this multiple times while editing the load out from the game itself and I just did it again but I can not find a user.ini anywhere:(

StiC
Jul-12-2015, 14:47
I do not have a 'users.ini' in the folder ".\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD", I have only a 'conf.ini' and a 'confUser.ini'.
The tool seems to read and write a 'user.ini' from and to somewhere, but I can not see any changes reflected in the game and I do not see an option in the tool to pick another file to edit.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Edit: First make sure that Steam Cloud is OFF for Cliffs of Dover.

Try this.

Click the Start button.
In the search field type "%appdata%" (minus quotes), and hit enter.
Navigate into the RAF_Loadout folder.
Open Loadout.ini with notepad or notepad++.
Search for the line Path under Settings and use the information to 1. Locate your user.ini or 2. Delete the information so that the next time you run the Loadout Manager it will ask you to locate your user.ini.

Hope it helps
StiC

Edit: I just noticed that I did not account for every squadron in the loadout.ini file

elPatron
Jul-13-2015, 09:33
Thanks StiC!
Disabling steam cloud did the trick, I have a user.ini now and the load out tool is working:) Unfortunately all my key-bindings are gone, they are still in the 'cloud' and come back as soon as I turn back on steam cloud. Any idea if it is possible to get the restore the binding without having the cloud turn back on? In what are the binding saved if I have the cloud on? I tried to confUser.ini and the conf.ini, but no success:(

StiC
Jul-13-2015, 14:31
Thanks StiC!
Any idea if it is possible to get the restore the binding without having the cloud turn back on? In what are the binding saved if I have the cloud on?

This might work. I guess we'll see.

Turn Steam Cloud ON.
Start the game and go into the control options.
Verify that all your bindings are correct. If not, make the necessary changes.
Use the Save As option and give your settings a unique name. Exit the game.
Search for your newly saved file and make a back up copy. Note the file location.
Turn Steam Cloud OFF.
If necessary, copy the controls file from your back up to the original location.
Start the game and go into the control options.
Verify that all your bindings are correct. Use the Load option to restore them if required.

Good Luck!

elPatron
Jul-15-2015, 09:53
Unfortunately this does not work. If I turn back on steam cloud I get my settings back, I can see the my key-bindings in the game. However if I export the settings into a file it always exports the local, non-cloud settings even though it sows the cloud binding on the screen. It looks like the export always exports the local settings and not the cloud settings.

Thanks anyway!

Whizkid
Aug-17-2015, 17:56
Hi, guys.
Well, it's time for me to admit that I'm stumped!
I'm going crazy trying to get that excellent Loadout tool to work, but after reading every post and watching the Tutorial innumerable times I still can't load my Hurri.
My Steam has the Cloud turned off in both places, the Loadout Manager loaded and has all parts showing OK, all the buttons work and stuff loads as shown in the Tutorial.
The only strange thing is that the User.ini shows 0 KB in its slot before and after I try and load the Loadout. I hate to Uninstall and Re-install CoD again, but perhaps this is the problem?
I also noticed that the Gun Loadout in CoD has most of the clickable slots grayed out, except for the Browning 303 Mk11, which doesn't respond to any changes. Nothing else can be changed, including Loadout info.
HELP!

Mastiff
Oct-14-2015, 19:21
71st Eagle Squadron is missing out of the regiment list?

Also I go into the game and nothing was saved and nothing over writes the setting I have in there.

StiC
Oct-25-2015, 09:50
71st Eagle Squadron is missing out of the regiment list?

Also I go into the game and nothing was saved and nothing over writes the setting I have in there.

I'm really sorry Mastiff. Until your post I had no idea that the Early/Late Fighter Type changed what squadrons were available. This will take some work to remedy.

As for your second problem, I believe it may have something to do with Steam cloud overwriting your changes. Make sure Steam Cloud is disabled.

=FI=Murph
Oct-26-2015, 19:41
I hope you can get this to work Mastiff. I've found it to be a real indispensable tool for this game. No more having to convert all the ranges and convergences from metric. Once you get it working you'll find it much more useful and intuitive than the game's native weapons GUI.

Cadfaele
Oct-31-2016, 13:23
Norton has decided this excellent utility is some kind of threat and keeps removing it before I can use it! Fighting my way through...

Cheers

Cadfaele

Baffin
Nov-23-2016, 09:40
I failed to read the directions and accidentally directed the utility to try to find the Confuser.ini file in the [C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover] location. It created a minor mess for me but these instructions, copied from an earlier post (#26), fixed me right up:

Click the Start button.
In the search field type "%appdata%" (minus quotes), and hit enter.
Navigate into the RAF_Loadout folder.
Open Loadout.ini with notepad or notepad++.
Search for the line Path under Settings and use the information to 1. Locate your user.ini or 2. Delete the information so that the next time you run the Loadout Manager it will ask you to locate your user.ini.

Now it finds the user.ini file where it belongs in the [1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD] folder.:thumbsup:

v4.5 - Now it finds the user.ini file where it belongs in the [1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover] folder. MOD folder is for v4.312.

=FI=Murph
Jan-03-2018, 10:56
I understand this still works with 4.5, provided the program gets directed to the correct user.ini location. Any confirmation? How do I reset it? I see Baffin has one way to do it-anything simpler?
Is there any way of adding newer versions of RAF planes to the utilitie's list?

farley
Jan-03-2018, 12:17
I understand this still works with 4.5, provided the program gets directed to the correct user.ini location. Any confirmation? How do I reset it? I see Baffin has one way to do it-anything simpler?
Is there any way of adding newer versions of RAF planes to the utilitie's list?

Just set it up in Blitz Murph. and it is working well.

I had somehow buggered my tool (that sounds a bit odd doesn't it) and so i deleted all of the RAF Loadout files in my computer, and then re downloaded it.
Then it asks where you want to put the file, and you can load it into 1C SoftClub area.

But i found this help file which might help you, so you don't have to delete/reload it. It tells you to go into this %appdata%\RAF_Loadout file, which i did, but didn't know where to go from there, so afraid i can't help you any further.

Just saw that Baffin explains this above. Thanks Baffin!

Mastiff
Jan-08-2018, 01:59
Hi, guys.
Well, it's time for me to admit that I'm stumped!
I'm going crazy trying to get that excellent Loadout tool to work, but after reading every post and watching the Tutorial innumerable times I still can't load my Hurri.
My Steam has the Cloud turned off in both places, the Loadout Manager loaded and has all parts showing OK, all the buttons work and stuff loads as shown in the Tutorial.
The only strange thing is that the User.ini shows 0 KB in its slot before and after I try and load the Loadout. I hate to Uninstall and Re-install CoD again, but perhaps this is the problem?
I also noticed that the Gun Loadout in CoD has most of the clickable slots grayed out, except for the Browning 303 Mk11, which doesn't respond to any changes. Nothing else can be changed, including Loadout info.
HELP!

try starting a single player mission, and play in there with a set load out. then try it after words.

Mastiff
Jan-08-2018, 02:05
still no 71st Eagle squadron.

BOO
Jan-08-2018, 10:47
still no 71st Eagle squadron.

It wasn't operational till 1941 and then it was based at Kirton up in Lincolnshire.

euanemblin
Jan-12-2018, 05:24
This is a great utility and works perfectly, now in TFS v4.5. Only one gripe StiC, you missed out No. 19 Sqn from the Orbat. The very first unit to receive the Spit and you exlude the Duxford boys:doh: though the unit appears in the default squadron list within the plane config screen.

Hawk_Eagle
Jan-12-2018, 07:30
Any chance to have this great utility also for german planes??..:recon:

=FI=Murph
Jan-12-2018, 09:39
The problem with the German planes is that it was necessary to change the number designations that the game assigns to the various German ammunition, in order to correct a glitch, For 4.5.
This RAF utility is old, but still works because the numbering of the RAF rounds did not need to be changed.
Perhaps someone will come up with a revised version at some point. There is a version here that used to allow both nationalities, but it no longer works for the reasons given.
In the meantime, perhaps someone who likes to fly blue would post the relevant lines from their user.ini, so that others could copy/paste them?

Hawk_Eagle
Jan-12-2018, 16:36
The problem with the German planes is that it was necessary to change the number designations that the game assigns to the various German ammunition, in order to correct a glitch, For 4.5.
This RAF utility is old, but still works because the numbering of the RAF rounds did not need to be changed.
Perhaps someone will come up with a revised version at some point. There is a version here that used to allow both nationalities, but it no longer works for the reasons given.
In the meantime, perhaps someone who likes to fly blue would post the relevant lines from their user.ini, so that others could copy/paste them?

Thank you Murph, hope me then really some "German" fan of CLOD BLITZ will help us.

Hawk_Eagle
Feb-05-2018, 13:09
Thank you Murph, hope me then really some "German" fan of CLOD BLITZ will help us.

hello, I bump this tread about Loadout for anyone who will help to give a user.ini 4.5 BLITZ version for german planes. :recon:

TWC_SLAG
Feb-11-2018, 19:30
Strange. I don't seem to have a user.ini file in Blitz. So, I can't use the loadout utilities. Should I create one?

TWC_SLAG
Feb-12-2018, 19:59
OK. Let's try this.

Can I copy/paste my 4.312 user.ini file to Blitz? If so, where would I paste it? Mind you, there is not a copy of Blitz in user/user/documents/1C Softclub. Which is something else I wonder about .

Thanks,

StiC
Feb-27-2018, 20:55
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for continuing to use the tool. Unfortunately, I no longer have the time to update and improve it. When I wrote it I was a software tester with lots of down time while the test scripts ran or new builds were being installed. That place shut down in 2015 and I'm back to manufacturing with no downtime.

For those of you who are missing your squadron due to my oversight/laziness here is a workaround.

Locate the Loadout.ini file. Instructions can be found under Getting Started in the Help section of the tool. (Ctrl+H)
Open the Loadout.ini in a text editor like Note Pad or Notepad++.
The first section is used to convert the squadron names used in CloDs menu to the squadron name as it appears in the user.ini.
Simply replace one of these lines with the proper values. The first part can be anything you want, but the second must match what appears in the user.ini.
Save the file.

It is important that you replace another entry and not add to, or subtract from the list.

So long as TFS keeps the user.ini format the same, the tool should continue to work for the planes included in the tool. New planes unfortunately will not unless the follow the pattern of 8 or less guns all using Browning .303 ammunition types.

Czech6
Jun-02-2018, 19:40
Strange. I don't seem to have a user.ini file in Blitz. So, I can't use the loadout utilities. Should I create one?

Right click the folder properties and make sure Hidden files are visible. My user.ini was hidden.

Vasilich
Jul-12-2018, 12:28
Hi guys! I have some error after start the program. Who know how i can fix it?

StiC
Jan-28-2022, 15:31
Hey everyone,
I'm in a position to possibly rewrite the Loadout Tool if anyone might be interested.
I've learned a bit since my last post and I think I might be able to accommodate all aircraft this time around.
The first step will be to acquire a user.ini file containing all of the aircraft with various loadouts. If anyone wants to message me with the contents of their user.ini it would be really appreciated by saving me the time of creating my own.

Thanks.