PDA

View Full Version : For those who uses Notepad++

JG51_Szyporyn
Jun-18-2014, 06:55
Go and try out Sublime Text (http://www.sublimetext.com/) - I have never looked back!

No601_Swallow
Jun-18-2014, 07:57
Oo! Shiny!

Does it check your brackets and semicolons? I'd love for someone to check me brackets! :D

JG51_Szyporyn
Jun-18-2014, 08:10
It is so open you would not believe it.

My daily work is done in JS - so ofc I have a build system in place that uses JShint (which does for me what you want done for you - you just have to find or program the syntax checker/linter)

SoW Reddog
Jun-18-2014, 08:36
If you want syntax checking Swallow, you're best off with Visual Studio I think. Free download, I use it all the time for C# stuff.

I'll have a look at this sublime text for php stuff, which is really what I use Notepad++ for.

JG51_Szyporyn
Jun-18-2014, 09:24
If you want syntax checking Swallow, you're best off with Visual Studio I think. Free download, I use it all the time for C# stuff.

I'll have a look at this sublime text for php stuff, which is really what I use Notepad++ for.

Yeah, do not think anyone would be well off programming C# in a non C# IDE (is what my boss told me when I asked for a C# intro)

No601_Swallow
Jun-20-2014, 01:46

Indeed, RD. Visual Studio is what I cut and paste script snippets into and then peer at, hoping the mystical essence of the script seeps out with the photons from the screen... So, I use Notepad++ for everything else (mostly .mis file hackery). But this new one looks worth a peek!