PDA

View Full Version : Scripts Collection

AKA_Recon
Jun-24-2014, 20:10
Not sure how much of it is still relative - however, there are many gems here:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26523

hnbdgr
Jul-29-2014, 08:24
Hi, is this a good place to learn about scripting? Are the links in there still relevant?

I did a tiny bit of C+ like 10 years ago, I'm computer literate to the degree that I can edit CSS, PHP, JS and html files to ennact minor to mid level changes, but generally it takes a bit of practice and looking around for 30-50 minutes to see what is connected and where. I suppose that's the downside of no formal training in that. However I want to give it a go with Il2 CoD scripts hence me asking

hnbdgr
Jul-30-2014, 07:45
minibump

No601_Swallow
Jul-31-2014, 02:15
minibump

:D

For what it's worth, my impression (certainly for me personally) is that activity on this particular forum is (at least is a little bit) cyclical. There are bursts of activity and lulls. Perhaps, like females of the species who have lived together for a long time, our individual cycles are converging...

Obviously, we're in a bit of a lull at the moment.

(But to answer your question, this forum - in the absence of something better - does seem to function as "scripting central". There are other places of course - there are script boffins at the Storm of War forum, for example.)

hnbdgr
Jul-31-2014, 04:41
:D

For what it's worth, my impression (certainly for me personally) is that activity on this particular forum is (at least is a little bit) cyclical. There are bursts of activity and lulls. Perhaps, like females of the species who have lived together for a long time, our individual cycles are converging...

Obviously, we're in a bit of a lull at the moment.

(But to answer your question, this forum - in the absence of something better - does seem to function as "scripting central". There are other places of course - there are script boffins at the Storm of War forum, for example.)

roger swallow, thanks I guess I'll start where it will look the easiest :D

Salmo
Jul-31-2014, 22:32
Hi, is this a good place to learn about scripting? Are the links in there still relevant?

I did a tiny bit of C+ like 10 years ago, I'm computer literate to the degree that I can edit CSS, PHP, JS and html files to ennact minor to mid level changes, but generally it takes a bit of practice and looking around for 30-50 minutes to see what is connected and where. I suppose that's the downside of no formal training in that. However I want to give it a go with Il2 CoD scripts hence me asking

Start by downloading & setting up visual c# express 2010. It's free & is much easier to use this GUI than trying to manually script in text files or using the in-game compiler. See Kodiak's excellent setup tutorial here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28997

hnbdgr
Aug-01-2014, 13:39
Start by downloading & setting up visual c# express 2010. It's free & is much easier to use this GUI than trying to manually script in text files or using the in-game compiler. See Kodiak's excellent setup tutorial here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28997

Thank you for the link Salmo, much appreciated :salute:

Marmus
Aug-01-2014, 15:02
Thank you for the link Salmo, much appreciated :salute:

I second the use of Visual C# 2010!!

It takes some time to figure out the interface and "how it all fits together" but well worth the effort. I recommend picking some tutorial that interests you and work through it. Once you get the basics down, it is really powerful and the "Visual" aspect of it makes it easy. Once you have the basics down, you can start looking into scripts for CloD. Your background in languages will definitely help you. I have yet to work with any CloD scripts, but was able to make some simple programs in Visual C#. I also have a PHP background (self taught).