PDA

View Full Version : Übungsmunition

9./JG52 Mindle
Jun-27-2014, 08:52
Sorry if i am a little off the pace here..

...but does the LW Übungsmunition round still pack a punch or has it's power been reduced since the patches? I need to review my Blue loadouts (flown mainly red for a while) and i had been carrying a fair bit of it in the belts.

My ratio was something like Hart/Hart/Ub/Ub/Phos.

Any help most gratefully received as always. :salute:

Vlerkies
Jun-27-2014, 09:05
I just run Hart and Phos, never had much luck or noticed a difference with the Ubungs in the belt.
I'm sorta thinking of ditching the phosphor as well as I cant get anything I hit to burn anyway.
:)

9./JG52 Mindle
Jun-27-2014, 09:14
I have seen the 'spotting' aspect of the round when i (actually manage to) hit, not sure of the relative damage though. :thumbsup:

Vlerkies
Jun-27-2014, 09:25
I have seen the 'spotting' aspect of the round when i (actually manage to) hit, not sure of the relative damage though. :thumbsup:

Pretty white puffs of smoke ;) I view this round in the same light as the Beobachtung round frankly, training.
I had it in my belts for a while but removed it.
Most of the successes I get is because the enemy plane is riddled and no longer flyable/serviceable.

1 good BnZ with a 2-3 second burst is enough, they spew fluids and turn then I climb away. They come back for you but I just keep them busy over the channel till their engine dies.
The hart is good and hits in the engine will kill it very quickly.

Also this makes the belt tracerless! Don't tell anyone, but tracers really are just like sneaking up to the gate and blowing the car horn before you try open it. No tracer is the way to go for sure.
oops

9./JG52 Mindle
Jun-27-2014, 09:45
Agree. I have started going without tracer in the spit also when flying red and it definitly has its advantages. I keep a tracer and a no-tracer version of my loadouts, depending on how many beers i may have next to my PC. :D