PDA

View Full Version : How do I know my ID?

dburne
Jun-28-2014, 10:39
Hey gang,

Ok so I figure there is no such thing as a dumb question, so here I go:

How exactly do I know my call sign?
I was flying a mission in Hun's Hurricane campaign, and I think all my wingmen were like Jacko 1, 2, 3, etc...
What I did not know, was which one was I? Is there an easy way I can tell?

I am sure there is and I am just missing it...

Thanks for any tips,

ATAG_Monkeynut
Jun-28-2014, 11:01
On the Hun in the sun campaign I'm pretty sure your call sign is on the briefing screen along with your section. In SP I usually jot down all the CS and headings/heights info from the briefing, for when I inevitably lose the rest of the squadron 5 minutes after take off!

dburne
Jun-28-2014, 12:05
Thanks, I will check that out on the next mission.

dburne
Jun-28-2014, 14:52
Well the briefing screen really did not show me, if I click on the plane it says my callsign is Jacko, but not what number I am...

ATAG_Monkeynut
Jun-28-2014, 15:05
Cant you scroll through the slides on the briefing screen in Hun in the sun? I'm sure one of them shows a section diagram with who is where in each flight and numbers. Might be wrong it's a while since I've played that campaign.

On second thoughts I might be thinking of the Kenley wing Hurricane campaign.

heinkill
Jun-28-2014, 15:29
If the RAF flights are set to Vic formation, here is a good guide.

http://warthunder.com/upload/image/800/british_flying_formations.png

dburne
Jun-28-2014, 20:22
Thanks guys I will take another look, so far have not got it quite figured.
Guess not that big a deal really, just would like to know when I am the one being addressed I guess...

huninthesun
Jun-29-2014, 00:45
It's a good point, perhaps I should include the call sign in the briefing. Since most of the missions are ground start on the runway, one way to find out is to delay engaging autopilot until all the other members of the squadron have reported they are ready for take off and then switch on Autopilot and you should see/hear your AI self reporting ready for take off with your call sign. Otherwise you have to work it out from any position info in the briefing as described in Heinkill's post.