PDA

View Full Version : Sudden decrease in field of view with Freetrack

farley
Jun-29-2014, 13:41
A few times when i've been flying (the last time just a few minutes ago which forced me to return to Manston while flak was above it), i will suddenly have a decreased field of view, where i can no longer look past 90 degrees on either side of the Spit, so past the trailing edge of the wings. In fact, all of the directions appear decreased.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. When i open Freetrack and go to the "cam" view, the head rotates normally, meaning it looks toward the tail as it should; it just doesn't do it when in the game. It has happened a few times, and closing and reopening it doesn't help, nor does rebooting the computer.

If anyone can tell me why this is happening, or give a fix, it would be greatly appreciated.

Take care all.

ATAG_Freya
Jun-29-2014, 14:22
IF you use a 3 point clip, you can put this file (my freetrack profile) into your Freetrack/profiles folder and try it out to see if the same thing happens. (bakup your own if it has the same name) That will at least give you an idea if the problem is profile related, or something else. That's the only advice I have to give, hope it helps. :salute:

https://www.mediafire.com/?ik10k8ga58pek3z

Bait
Jun-30-2014, 00:27
Make sure your not accidentally activating lean to gunsight. I did the several times and wondered why I could not move around anymore, even when full f.o.v. was set.

Messed up my head tracking so bad I crashed. Repeatedly. Lol

Airmailed from Switzerland.

farley
Jul-01-2014, 09:12
Thank you Freya. I will give it a try. What program do you use to open your link,which is an ftp file, as i have downloaded it, but my win 7 does not recognize it?

And thanks Bait, good suggestion, but it wasn't that (this time!).

It might be due to it being daytime and there being too much ambient light in the room.

ATAG_Freya
Jul-01-2014, 09:36
Thank you Freya. I will give it a try. What program do you use to open your link,which is an ftp file, as i have downloaded it, but my win 7 does not recognize it?

.ftp is a freetrack profile. If you have the file downloaded, just put it into your c:/program files/freetrack/profile folder (or wherever freetrack is installed), and once you open freetrack, it should recognize it as a profile that you can select and use. Keep me posted as to how it works for you. :salute:

edit: you may need to click the 'refresh' button in freetrack profiles page...

Lawndart Jedi
Jul-02-2014, 00:51
Make sure your not accidentally activating lean to gunsight. I did the several times and wondered why I could not move around anymore, even when full f.o.v. was set.

Messed up my head tracking so bad I crashed. Repeatedly. Lol
Airmailed from Switzerland.
I have noticed this also. Seams that when you lean to gun sight your head rotation is limited.

farley
Jul-12-2014, 09:04
I still think this problem is d/t increased lighting in the room (which i have no control over during the day as i have a large window that can't easily be covered), but Freya, i must say that the profile you sent is much much better than the one i have fiddle with for ages. it is now the one i use, and what a difference it makes in my flying and my situational (is that a word?) awareness. Now at least, i can see who is blowing me out of the sky! I'm beginning to appreciate a difference having a good set up makes to ones fighting. Of course it comes down to pilot skill, but if you have trouble seeing what is around you, well it is quite a handicap.
So thanks again for passing that along to me. :thumbsup: