PDA

View Full Version : Auto Launch Utility

Steerpots
Jun-30-2014, 02:15
10399S! All
find attached my CloD Lite utility which:
1. automatically clears the cache when connecting to a server
2. automatically launches CloD when connecting to a server
3. has 5 servers to automatically connect to (more can be added by request)
4. has IP address automatic connection to a server
5. has button to kill connection to current server and close Clod.

There is a Readme.txt with Installation instructions and a bit more on How to Use...suggest you read it.

Feedback encouraged, indeed it is welcomed.

PS: I'm working on a CloD Full version which will auto launch all your flying apps to (TrackIR, TS etc)

***EDIT New version of CloD Lite attached, see latest post ***
Changes:
1. Version 2.2
2. Made GUI a bit nicer
3. Added Tabs to GUI
4. Application Paths tab
5. Installation and Usage tab

56RAF STeerpots(US-T)

Gix
Jun-30-2014, 04:18
nice, but cant set path from main window. Do i have to do manually in txt files ?

Steerpots
Jun-30-2014, 04:25
nice, but cant set path from main window. Do i have to do manually in txt files ?

Path is set from within main window.
I suspect what you are doing is not putting quotes around your path
e.g. "C:\cache"

The text above the input areas explicitly request that you encase your path in quotes

56RAF Steerpots(US-T)

vranac
Jun-30-2014, 04:56
Nice, but why would you want to clear the cache every time ?
Cache has its function and you have to clear it only if you're applying a new patch or you have some problems IMO.

Steerpots
Jun-30-2014, 05:27
Nice, but why would you want to clear the cache every time ?
Cache has its function and you have to clear it only if you're applying a new patch or you have some problems IMO.

S! vranac
Your opinion is entirely valid, for you.

I on the other hand choose to delete the cache every time I'm about to fly.
When the game starts the cache folder is recreated and is clear of any previous stuff.

I will consider making the next version have a button to clear the cache rather than it being automatic...if there is a demand from the community.

56RAF Steerpots(US-T)

Mysticpuma
Jun-30-2014, 06:20
Personally I would prefer a button to clear the cache as I don't feel the need for it. Apart from that great concept and utility. Cheers, MP

Steerpots
Jul-01-2014, 11:31
S! All
**Latest version of CloD Lite released July 2nd 2014 see latest post below***

Changes
1. Delete Cache button added (cache now only deleted by choice of user)
2. IP addresses updated to allow all server buttons to function properly.

PS. if you want a server listed in the GUI...just ask; the only criteria is that the IP address doesn't change (buttons will not work otherwise)

56RAF_Steerpots(US-T)

Steerpots
Jul-02-2014, 04:47

Just to be clear
The Steam path is a path to your Steam.exe file
The Cache path is the path to your cache folder

So for me the paths are:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe"
"C:\Users\MYNAME\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\cache"

***Ensure you put quotes around your path in the input area***

56RAF Steerpots(US-T)

Gix
Jul-02-2014, 06:28
Just to be clear
The Steam path is a path to your Steam.exe file
The Cache path is the path to your cache folder

So for me the paths are:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe"
"C:\Users\MYNAME\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\cache"

***Ensure you put quotes around your path in the input area***

56RAF Steerpots(US-T)

yes, so we have to do manually :) copy/paste.
I though there was a button for opening a file box or something.

Steerpots
Jul-02-2014, 09:17
S! All
**** Latest version of CloD released July 6th 2014. See post below****

Changes:
1. Version 2.2
2. Made GUI a bit nicer
3. Added Tabs to GUI
4. Application Paths tab
5. Installation and Usage tab

Installation is a simple matter of extracting the CloD Lite folder to anywhere on your hard drive

For install and usage details click on the Install and Usage tab in the GUI

PS. any functionality you want to see or additional servers then just ask.

56RAF STeerpots(US-T)

=FI=Murph
Jul-04-2014, 13:03
It will not allow me to set the path for steam. I copied it directly from the shortcut I have on my desktop. It is not in the default location; current path is "C:\Games\Cliffs of Dover\Steam.exe".

Baffin
Jul-04-2014, 14:54
Here's my batch file for starting everything I use:
======================

@echo off

REM First line removes the Cache file from CLoD...

@RD /S /Q "C:\Users\Fred\My Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\cache"

REM Then Start the Accessories for CLoD:

REM Voice Activated Commands:

start "VAC" "C:\Program Files (x86)\VAC System\VACSystem.exe" Online CLoD.xml,True

REM Mouse programmed for elevator and rudder trim

start "ASUS Gaming Mouse" /B "C:\Program Files (x86)\Gaming Mouse\hid.exe"

REM Nvidea overclocking utility

start "PrecisionX" "D:\Program Files (x86)\EVGA Precision X\EVGAPrecision.exe"

REM TrackIR5 needs an extra second to finish

start "TrackIR5" "C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\TrackIR5.exe"

timeout 1

REM Thrustmaster programming editor needs extra 2 seconds to finish

start "TargetGUI" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\x64\TARGETScriptEditor.e xe"

timeout 2

REM Teamspeak preliminary startup

start "TeamSpeak3" "C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\ts3client_win64.exe" ts3server://216.52.148.29/?port=9987&Fidget=Fidget"

REM RAMDisk mounting program

start "Mount Image" "C:\Program Files (x86)\ImDisk\MountImg.exe"

===========
To adapt this, just change the paths to match your computer.

Steerpots
Jul-05-2014, 18:01
It will not allow me to set the path for steam. I copied it directly from the shortcut I have on my desktop. It is not in the default location; current path is "C:\Games\Cliffs of Dover\Steam.exe".

Murph
give some more detail, just saying "it will not allow me" doesn't really give enough info to work with.
what EXACTLY are you doing to try and create the steam path...every step and all input.

56RAF_Steerpots(US-T)

=FI=Murph
Jul-05-2014, 22:28
I open the utility and go to the tab labeled "Application Paths". I copy the path to my steam installation directly from the path listed under the "properties" of the shortcut to steam that I currently have on my desktop. I paste it directly into the field called "Update the Path" so that the entry in the field reads "C:\Games\Cliffs of Dover\Steam.exe" (which is where the installation of steam I use for Cliffs of Dover is located). When I click on the button marked "Set Steam Path" nothing happens.
If I follow the same sort of procedure to set the path to my cache, it works fine.

Steerpots
Jul-06-2014, 02:24
S! Murph

Thanks for the feedback on your issue; turns out I created a problem when I made version 2.2.
I've fixed it now, so find attached to this post the updated version with the fix.

And thanks again for letting me know there was a problem.

*** latest version of CloD Lite released; see latest post***

56RAF Steerpots(US-T)

=FI=Murph
Jul-06-2014, 18:39
Thank you, the path can now be set. A new issue has arisen for me, however. Having set the paths, if I try to connect to the ATAG server using this utility it opens steam which then tells me I am about to install Cliffs of Dover?
Steam is already installed to the same folder as my Cliffs of Dover installation. My normal way of starting Cliffs is to first open steam (after starting TrackIr) and then to launch the game using a shortcut I have to the Game's Launcher.exe.

Steerpots
Jul-07-2014, 02:16
Thank you, the path can now be set. A new issue has arisen for me, however. Having set the paths, if I try to connect to the ATAG server using this utility it opens steam which then tells me I am about to install Cliffs of Dover?
Steam is already installed to the same folder as my Cliffs of Dover installation. My normal way of starting Cliffs is to first open steam (after starting TrackIr) and then to launch the game using a shortcut I have to the Game's Launcher.exe.

Murph
Is there a reason why steam is in the CloD folder?

56RAF Steerpots(US-T)

=FI=Murph
Jul-07-2014, 08:51
Originally I had Cliffs installed on a different drive. When I did a hardware upgrade to a newer drive, I copied the install over from the old drive. Steam was already there in the install folder. The path for the Steam.exe is- C:\Games\Cliffs of Dover\Steam.exe . The path for the Launcher is- C:\Games\Cliffs of Dover\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe .
Is this considered unusual? Cliffs is the only game I have that uses Steam.

Steerpots
Jul-07-2014, 10:59
Originally I had Cliffs installed on a different drive. When I did a hardware upgrade to a newer drive, I copied the install over from the old drive. Steam was already there in the install folder. The path for the Steam.exe is- C:\Games\Cliffs of Dover\Steam.exe . The path for the Launcher is- C:\Games\Cliffs of Dover\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe .
Is this considered unusual? Cliffs is the only game I have that uses Steam.

Certainly unusual to me, assuming you're not getting any advantage due to this install of Steam, why not reinstall Steam to its default location on your drive.
Reset the paths in CloD Lite and all should be well.

56RAF Steerpots(US-T)

=FI=Murph
Jul-07-2014, 21:43
I re-installed steam to my Games directory and started it, logged in and let it update. I started Cliffs as a test and it works. I tried the utility and steam still wants to install the game. It looks like I will need to re-install and re-mod the game in order to get this utility working?

Steerpots
Jul-08-2014, 01:27
You are aware of course that the very 1st thing you do with a new CloD installation is to let steam update it.
Steam will try to do this the 1st time you run the game.
You then follow that with all the TF updates in the correct order.

Each step should be done in the order presented.
This following assumes installation starts from a disk

In the Steam GUI, go to the Library, then the game. Right-click > Properties > Local Files Tab > "Verify Integrity of Game Cache".
This will take the game back to the basic Steam version.
Run game and check version number
Install TF Mods in the correct order, running the game after each mod installation to check version number before moving on to the next one.

Go To Your Steam Folder
\Steamapps\common/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\redist\DirectX\ and Run DXSETUP.
\Steam\SteamApps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\redist\DotNetFx40_Client and run DotNetFX40client
\SteamApps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\redist\VCRedist and run vcredist

56RAF STeerpots

=FI=Murph
Jul-09-2014, 08:48
Yes, I understand that. I'm just not sure it's worth all the trouble of reinstalling, patching, transferring all of my personal settings, skins, and missions etc., in order to get the utility to work, when I already have a perfectly good functioning install of the game. I do however greatly appreciate you efforts and your help in trouble shooting this.

Steerpots
Jul-15-2014, 11:59
S! All
**** Latest version of CloD Lite released July 17th 2014. See latest post below****

Changes:
1. version 3.0
2. data and image files incorporated into executable file
3. single file download
4. splash screen introduced
5. Install and Usage text updated

56RAF Steerpots(US-T)

Steerpots
Jul-17-2014, 07:59
S! All
Find attached the latest version of CloD Lite

Changes:
1. version 3.1
2. user configurable hotkeys to minimise and restore the CloD Lite window
3. Install and Usage text updated

Installation:
Install the CloD Lite folder to anywhere on your HDD
Run CloD Lite and read the Install and Usage tab

Happy to take feedback, ideas for improvements and suggestions for additional functionality from users.

56RAF Steerpots(US-T)