PDA

View Full Version : Avoid BoS until release

Dr. Uzi
Jul-01-2014, 16:43
After purchasing BoS I have to say it really doesnt feel very good. EVERY SINGLE match is won by the Axis planes which can out turn, outclimb, and out speed every single allied plane. I put the yak into a vertical climb and at 60 mph the thing didnt even stall, just flew itself. The 109 is the same thing only it can out fly everything so its just that much worse. The FM feels like garbage and I would advise waiting for the complete version before making any decision to buy it. The graphics are good, thats about all I can say on a positive note right now.

ATAG_Colander
Jul-01-2014, 16:54
All,

Please don't turn this thread into a flame war.

Ohms
Jul-01-2014, 16:58
All,

+1

implicit A
Jul-01-2014, 17:14
are you sure you were in expert mode ...

Dr. Uzi
Jul-01-2014, 18:32
Expert mode 100%... It feels just wrong, but it is a WIP so heres hoping.

3./JG51_Heiden
Jul-02-2014, 12:57
The reason the Axis planes win every time is simple: In this time period, the 109F is superior to any of the contemporary Russian offerings, save PERHAPS the La-5 in very certain situations.

14.JG/5_Capt.Stubing
Jul-02-2014, 13:07
The later war periods the game will change dramatically. LA5-F and the FN are just fine against A4 and A5s and will give the G2 a run for it's money. Too bad they aren't part of this time period or theater.

Hood
Jul-02-2014, 14:14
All,

I think he started one already by such an idiotic/trolling post.

Hood

ATAG_Colander
Jul-02-2014, 14:42

This is exactly what I warned about.
Any more and the thread will be locked.

Dr. Uzi
Jul-02-2014, 15:47

Hood

I am not trolling, just giving my opinions of this "game/sim", if you dont like it then move on. A few other things I have noticed:

109's appear to not be able to stall, and have unlimited energy, you can follow them to stall speeds and then watch them miraculously climb again.
Energy fighting is non-existent, no matter what kind of E you have the 109 will beat you.
The damage model is rubbish, think war thunder style here all the way.
The flight model as a whole feels like it was taken from a ww1 sim and attempted adaptation for a ww2 sim, which it was.

At this point I am sad to say this is not a "sim" and belongs more to the "arcade game" family, I doubt much will change in the three months before release.

Again, just my opinions of this game(and I do mean game), take them or leave them.

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Jul-02-2014, 16:10
Let me guess .... Dr. Uzi goes by RideRed on the BoS forums?

Dr. Uzi
Jul-02-2014, 16:25
I haven't posted anything in BoS forums, tag there and in game is simply Ooozie...

Arthursmedley
Jul-02-2014, 17:37
I haven't posted anything in BoS forums, tag there and in game is simply Ooozie...

A quick search of the members of the BoS forum shows no one called Ooozie. Are you quite, quite sure you're not RedRide?

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jul-02-2014, 18:50
Dr. Uzi:

We at Team Fusion are not interested in starting a flame war with the people at BATTLE OF STALINGRAD.

They have created a new game which has many positives and gives players the opportunity to fly on a different front.

Some will prefer BoS to CLIFFS OF DOVER, and some will have the opposite view.

As Flight Simmers we are glad to have another option to indulge our favourite hobby... we welcome DCS WWII for the same reason.

Please keep your comments objective and do not attempt to create unnecessary controversy.

While its not up to me, I suspect if you continue with negative inclined threads you may find yourself banned on this forum as well as ATAG's server.

Dr. Uzi
Jul-02-2014, 19:24
Why should I care? As matter of fact, you can all blow me!

mprhead
Jul-02-2014, 19:27
This part is simply not true:

"109's appear to not be able to stall, and have unlimited energy, you can follow them to stall speeds and then watch them miraculously climb again.
Energy fighting is non-existent, no matter what kind of E you have the 109 will beat you."

109 does have advantage in acceleration, climb and speed, but if you are down low and get jumped by yak-1 with energy advantage, you are in trouble.

Part about damage and flight models I won't comment, that was original posters opinion and he is entitled to those. My opinion is different.

mprhead
Jul-02-2014, 19:30

RideRed for sure :whacky4:

ATAG_Colander
Jul-02-2014, 19:36
Didn't take long for the attacks and rebuttals to start.
Closing this thread for good.

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-02-2014, 19:45

Done!