PDA

View Full Version : Is HitnamedPart broken?

Salmo
Jul-03-2014, 01:21
I'm scripting again, & can't seem to get HitnamedPart to work for any of the damage types. Can anyone tell me if it's broken? It used to work for me.

aircraft.hitNamed(part.NamedDamageTypes.Eng0Cylind erHeadFire);

bolox
Jul-09-2014, 14:08
just tested a couple of damage types (tot eng fail and fuel tank fire) and they were both working for me (in SP)

Salmo
Jul-09-2014, 23:38
just tested a couple of damage types (tot eng fail and fuel tank fire) and they were both working for me (in SP)

Thanks Bri, it doesn't seem to be working for me in the MP online server environment. Will investigate further.

SoW Reddog
Feb-22-2016, 16:44
Did you ever get to the bottom of this Salmo, I am having a couple of issues with it too, but I know we use it for the despawn script and it works. I'm getting no error, just no sign of the damage either. Odd.

Salmo
Feb-22-2016, 17:38
Did you ever get to the bottom of this Salmo, I am having a couple of issues with it too, but I know we use it for the despawn script and it works. I'm getting no error, just no sign of the damage either. Odd.

Sorry Gavin, haven't touched this one in quite some time.

SoW Reddog
Feb-22-2016, 18:07
It's ok fella, you have a reasonable excuse. :) :thumbsup:

No.401_Wolverine
Feb-22-2016, 23:13
This may be one of the number of functions that are just seemingly locked to SP? If the way to 'unlock' these functions for MP is found, we might expand mission making quite a bit.... (OnBuildingKilled comes to mind...)

ATAG_Ezzie
Feb-23-2016, 03:15
Weekend before last I shot down a hurricane online on atag server 1 and it burst into a big flaming comet. As I've not seen this very often I checked the damage screen and 'fuel tank fire' was listed. First time I've ever seen it in the damage screen.

I'd inflicted a lot of damage and there was a 'fuel tank large leak' in the damage as well. Maybe one of my phosphorous rounds set the fuel alight?

Not sure if this is the same but just thought I'd mention it in case it was.

Ezzie

SoW Reddog
Feb-23-2016, 14:02
This may be one of the number of functions that are just seemingly locked to SP? If the way to 'unlock' these functions for MP is found, we might expand mission making quite a bit.... (OnBuildingKilled comes to mind...)

OnBuildingKilled works in MP.

No.401_Wolverine
Feb-24-2016, 03:06
OnBuildingKilled works in MP.

Sure about that? It seems to work for the LocalHost, but not for any other users connected to the server. In a dedicated server environment it doesn't seem to work for anyone.

Tested the crap out of this one too. If you've got it working, please let me know how.

And by working I mean it detects the buildings on the base map, not just ones placed using the FMB. Currently, if I host a server from my computer, the code works and triggers results when I, the host of the server, destroy buildings, but not when any user connected to the server remotely does.

If this code worked in MP the way it works in SP, forget about polygon area targets. Just code in the values for the types of buildings you want to have as part of your target 'set' and then let 'er rip. Entire map is full of targets that can have individual importance for resources, industry, whatever. Want to make the destruction of taverns and pubs have a demoralizing effect? Just program the effect and assign it to buildings of that type. All without placing a single object in FMB.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way for MP. Single player, it works brilliantly. Not in MP.

SoW Reddog
Feb-24-2016, 03:08
There are issues with it now I remember but it does work on MP . I think the problem is it doesn't detect FMB buildings unless locally hosted.