PDA

View Full Version : Self made mission problem (clients can't access planes list after choosing side)

mister2cc
Jul-06-2014, 15:32
Hi all,

I have a problem with a self made Coop mission. My friends cannot access the plane list after clicking on the flag. As a server, I can click on the flag, see the plane list and take a plane at any time, but my friends cant. The planes are there (i can see them on the map, moving) so it's like AI takes control of their plane.
Any clue? in the realism window i unchecked all the "switch group" etc options, and also I checked the AI control close to the "take off and landing" option.
Maybe it's something i did wrong in the mission editing? How do I specify that the planes I create will be playable by humans? is it mandatory to have spawn points on the map?

Thanks in advance for the reply

1lokos
Jul-06-2014, 17:15
Launch missions in "COOP" in CloD (although not impossible) is very confuse and awkward, this Dextraex tutorial is the best about:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7029&highlight=coop

Sokol1

mister2cc
Jul-06-2014, 18:57
Launch missions in "COOP" in CloD (although not impossible) is very confuse and awkward, this Dextraex tutorial is the best about:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7029&highlight=coop

Sokol1

Thanks a lot.
I will try with my friends and post our feedback!

No601_Swallow
Jul-07-2014, 04:50
My squadron hasn't tried this coop workaround. I think those of our number who lack opposable thumbs would find typing the right code into the chat window a bit of a challenge...

The alternative is what we do do, which is save the mission as a dogfight, but instead of putting in the "player's" flight of aircraft for people to jump into, put in DF-style spawn points instead. There's lots of info in the link in my sig.

I don't know if our workaround is better or worse than the one above. What I do know is that it is still inexplicable to my why the game designers didn't just build in a usable coop interface for those that want them, complete with a "Start Battle" button that the host clicks on AFTER everyone's in their slots! What would it have cost them? And the "coops-are-obsolete" bunch could have ignored it to their hearts' content.

There. I'll put away my hobby horse again.

=FI=Murph
Jul-07-2014, 09:00
Swallow is correct. I gave up on the co-p mode in this game after banging my head against it's broken features repeatedly. Use Dogfight mode as though it were co-op. The only thing missing really is that you cannot lead an AI flight in dogfight mode like you could in the old il2 1946 co-op. There may be a workaround for that as well, I just haven't found it yet. AI flights can be added in Dogfight missions, and will behave more or less correctly. Just be prepared to do some testing/tweaking, just as you would have in 1946.

Hood
Jul-08-2014, 04:18
MI think those of our number who lack opposable thumbs would find typing the right code into the chat window a bit of a challenge...

No comment.

:)

And they're right - use the DF method and make the mission as you would for a co-op. You have the added flexibility of people being able to hit re-fly without everyone having to wait for the mission to be restarted. My suggestions are:

1. DF map (whoever hosts should set a password)
2. SwallowTM spawn points - the Tangmere workshop has lots available but if you want LW spawn points you might want to enlist Swallow's help
3. Add scripts to despawn non-AI aircraft after they are exited
4. Build enough time into the mission for people to spawn in and warm up their engines

If you need a demo mission just say.

Hood

=FI=Murph
Jul-08-2014, 08:42
I have few missions made up for this as well. You're welcome to share them. Some are modified from other's missions, some are scratch built by me.