PDA

View Full Version : July 2014 Update #2

airdoc
Jul-08-2014, 13:36
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=126712

Dear all,

We have been listening to the good and bad feedback from yesterday’s announcement and we recognize that we made a mistake. We agree that it is not fair that someone that already purchased P-51D or Fw 190 should be forced to receive them again when there are other project aircraft they prefer. We apologize.

As such, we are in the process of redesigning the backer’s page to allow you to choose the aircraft YOU wish. You will get a number of aircraft selection slots based on your contribution level as listed in the list below.

If you earlier paid a shipping cost, it will be added to your total pledge amount.

$1-19
Bronze Backer credit in manuals

$20
One aircraft of choice and print-ready PDF manual
Normandy Map

$40
Two aircraft of choice and print-ready PDF manual
Normandy Map

$60
Silver Backer credit in manuals
Three aircraft of choice and print-ready PDF manual
Normandy Map

$80
Four aircraft of choice and print-ready PDF manual
Normandy Map

$100
Five aircraft of choice and print-ready PDF manual
Normandy Map

$120
Gold Backer credit in manuals
Five aircraft of choice and print-ready PDF manual
Normandy Map
DCS: Me.262, Alpha access, and print-ready PDF manual

$140
All aircraft and print-ready PDF manual
Normandy Map
Normandy Map Alpha access

$160
Normandy Map
Copy of any DCS product

$180
Platinum Backer credit in manuals
Normandy Map
Copy of any DCS product
TFC Polo Shirt

$200
Normandy Map
Copy of any DCS product
TFC Polo Shirt
TFC hat and calendar

$250
Normandy Map
Copy of any DCS product
TFC Polo Shirt
TFC hat and calendar
Two keys for each aircraft

$500
Diamond Backer credit in manuals
Normandy Map
Copy of any DCS product
TFC Polo Shirt
TFC hat and calendar
One existing aircraft skin with your name below the canopy

$1,000
Normandy Map
Copy of any DCS product
TFC Polo Shirt
TFC hat and calendar
One custom paint scheme for the aircraft of your choice

$2,000
Normandy Map
Copy of any DCS product
TFC Polo Shirt
TFC hat and calendar
One custom paint scheme for the aircraft of your choice
Your face on the pilot model of your plane of choice

ChiefRedCloud
Jul-08-2014, 13:40
And my opinion? None really as I did not buy in nor was I able to after the fact. I will wait and see what the cost are for the rest of us poor Joes. BUT, having seen that the Dora all by itself will cost "NEW AND SHINEY" $49.99, well I'm afraid my stable will only have the P-51 for some times.

Bottom line? DCS has a LOT on it's plate and to fulfill ALL of this will take an extraordinary amount of Time, Resources and Money to accomplish. So though I perfectly well understand the why of the cost, I feel that many like myself will wait for a couple of years to pass and a SELL comes along to enjoy what could be a milestone in flight simulations.

Chief

Continu0
Jul-08-2014, 13:41
yes! perfect! exactly what i wanted... but: a key for any dcs-products... does this include 3rd-party products as well?

airdoc
Jul-08-2014, 13:46
And my opinion? None really as I did not buy in nor was I able to after the fact. I will wait and see what the cost are for the rest of us poor Joes. BUT, having seen that the Dora all by itself will cost "NEW AND SHINEY" $60, well I'm afraid my stable will only have the P-51 for some times.

Bottom line? DCS has a LOT on it's plate and to fulfill ALL of this will take an extraordinary amount of Time, Resources and Money to accomplish. So though I perfectly well understand the why of the cost, I feel that many like myself will wait for a couple of years to pass and a SELL comes along to enjoy what could be a milestone in flight simulations.

Chief

Chief, the Dora is at 50$ retail, not 60$. Sales in DCS happen very frequently, about 4 times a year, where you can get the modules for 70% off (around 15$ a piece).

ATAG_Freya
Jul-08-2014, 13:54
:thumbsup: I think this is fair. Good on them for listening to what the community had to say. Sure, it's a downscale from what the KS had promised (to my backer level anyways) BUT given the fact DCS is an excellent and proven product, I don't mind having to collect the a/c over time. I was a little PO'ed yesterday (like most), but have since regained my composure, and I wish them all the best! Besides, with cliffs and TF, and current DCS stuff that's available, I'm already in flight sim happy land...I look forward to what the next couple years will have to offer!

:salute:

ATAG_Colander
Jul-08-2014, 13:58
This is a better option indeed.
Can I get 5 me262 in case I crash one? :)

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jul-08-2014, 14:12
Good decision. :thumbsup:

ChiefRedCloud
Jul-08-2014, 14:14
Yep I corrected my statement .... sorry I could have sworn I read $60. Didn't mean to mislead anyone.

Chief

TWC_SLAG
Jul-08-2014, 14:25
+1

badfinger

Good decision. :thumbsup:

AKA_Recon
Jul-08-2014, 20:50
Great response - I'm impressed

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-08-2014, 21:19
Great response - I'm impressed

+1 :thumbsup:

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Jul-09-2014, 13:57
As a $50 backer this is an improvement. I wish they allowed us to increase contributions now so we could get what we assumed we would get all along.

Screamadelica
Jul-10-2014, 01:50
It's great to see Eagle Dynamics doing their best to help keep this project going. I'm very happy with the substitute rewards. Looking forward to flying this when it's completed, I think this could turn out to be something very special.

Tempered
Jul-11-2014, 23:11
I can be happy with this.

Logan
Jul-12-2014, 10:22
$60 backer, so I lost a few keys but I think they made the best out of it. At least they didn't say "deals off everyone gets to pick one plane and buy the rest"! So I'm still happy.

hnbdgr
Jul-31-2014, 06:36
I have $83 in this and I think I lost one plane. The backer section on DCS is still "under upgrade", so can't see what my new options are.

I've been given keys to the P-51 already, but would really like to see the FW190D as well, except not sure if I'm eligible to get it ahead of DCS WW2 release...

Foul Ole Ron
Jul-31-2014, 07:02
Their intention is to have the backer site back up and running before the Dora is released and you'll be able to select it there. You'd then get your key in time for the Aug 5th release date. That's the plan anyway - no real news if they're on track for it or not.

hnbdgr
Jul-31-2014, 09:37
thanks that clears that up!