PDA

View Full Version : Installation Instructions are gone

antiacus
Jul-12-2014, 13:32
Hello

Looking fwd to playing Cliffs of Dover.

In the install instruction page the video's explaining how to install the patches "have been removed by user" according to Youtube.

Are there written instructions somewhere or a different video?

Thanks!

Combat Wombat
Jul-12-2014, 17:56
There has been a bit of Childish Dummy Spitting going on behind the scenes and public :argue:( both party's need heads banging together)and one of the kids took his toys home :sad!:,But i'm sure something will be in the works soon, I for one think this simulator is much larger than two individuals !!regardless of there egos. I'm sure the guys who have the most to gain are :roflmao: All I want to do is enjoy this simulator regardless of how good or bad I am at flying.

dburne
Jul-12-2014, 20:56
Hi antiacus, and welcome to the these great forums!

Hmm not sure what is going on with the video, heck I tried to find the welcome to the beginners thread Lewis has but having trouble finding it, but then I am tired tonight and my eyes ain't what they used to be.

The video was very helpful, but really you don't have to have it to get patched up.

First, on your vanilla Cliffs of Dover Steam install, first make sure you disable to let Steam update the game. You do NOT want Steam to automatically update Cliffs, if it does , it will overwrite your TF installs. Some also disable the Steam Cloud, I personally have not had an issue having the Steam Cloud enabled, but I do have the automatic update unchecked.

Then, go to this thread:
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

There you will find the TF patches you will need:
TF3
TF3.01 ( hotfix)
TF4
TF4.3
TF4.312 ( hotfix)

You do need, to install each one in succession. Best to start Cliffs after each install, then exit out.
Also note you will need to delete the contents of the cache folder in your documents /1C Softclub/ IL-2 Cliffs of Dover MOD folder when all done to start fresh.

Just carefully read the install instructions for each patch, that is in that thread I linked you too.

I hope this helps you at least get started with this great Mod for Cliffs of Dover. It is truly in incredible, beautiful sim with what Team Fusion has done for it!

Hopefully if I have left anything out or worded wrong, someone will be along to correct me, as I am truly very tired tonight....

I hope this helps,

ATAG_Lewis
Jul-13-2014, 12:13
Thanks d.burnette for the help here.......~S~

Welcome to the community and forums antiacus....~S~

Firstly..we apologise for the missing tutorials..We do know about the problem(it has only just happened) and we are working to get some in their place...So please bear with us...

Try downloading the patches from the 'Beginners Guide' thread and then unzip them ...Save the files somewhere for future...Click on them in numerical order and follow the instructions...

If you are still having problems then try joining ATAG TeamSpeak and ask for help...European evening time is the most busy usually...We have a very friendly and helpful community here and you should find someone who will take the time to help you install them..

Once you have them installed and the game runs...then..

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It should save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

Beginners Guide Link Here (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711)

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...Lew...

antiacus
Jul-14-2014, 00:02
Wow, thanks so much guys. I really appreciate it!

antiacus
Jul-14-2014, 11:38
I've nearly got it patched up. For anyone who has modded & patched FS2k or FSX (or EAW, BoB2, etc) this is easy peasy.

I figured that because there were instruction videos there must be some crazy extra steps putting files in specific folders outside of the normal installation tree or something.

I'm excited to get started.

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-14-2014, 12:11
I'm putting together a replacement video. As you've found, it's a straightforward process that the video will show newcomers. I periodically backup my .ini files from the Softclub folder, then uninstall and reinstall Cliffs of Dover right from the get go with Steam. The sim seems to run smoother after doing so, and I simply copy and paste my saved .ini files back into the Softclub folder so I don't have to redo all my settings, joystick assignments, and ammo loadouts.

You said it best: easy peasy! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-15-2014, 00:48
Video added to Beginners Section:

http://youtu.be/lcLyEW9rIM8

antiacus
Jul-15-2014, 10:58
Thanks Snapper!