PDA

View Full Version : Novo video german wolf

3./JG51_Heiden
Jul-13-2014, 13:59
I liked the second kill, especially where you took off the wing tip on the Spitfire. I am curious as to what that will do to the Spitfire's handling characteristics.

DeXaÏ_☨
Jul-14-2014, 06:21
Nice video GW !

I liked the second kill, especially where you took off the wing tip on the Spitfire. I am curious as to what that will do to the Spitfire's handling characteristics.

Loosing a wingtip makes the handling very "unstable". The airplane would still be flyable and a potential threat, but it feels like if the joystick was not coming back, you need to counter input left as much as you previously input right to cancel your roll rate. Also, under average to high load factor, the plane will tend to suddenly flip upside down.

Cutting the wingtip happens quite often when exiting the hangars too fast, and can go unnoticed. I would say it is probably the second cause of mortality during takeoff after forgetting to open the rad.

GERMANWOLF
Jul-14-2014, 08:21
Thank you friends, for watching and comment my video!

ATAG_Dave
Jul-14-2014, 09:06

unfortunately Dex is correct - Id always hoped it would just improve my roll - rate lol :)

Mudcat
Jul-14-2014, 11:31

Well if you rip both off then you're just flying an underpowered Spit XVI :-P