PDA

View Full Version : G.50

AlecRuffolo
Jul-13-2014, 19:26
Hello fellow pilots! I am a new member here on the ATAG! One question. Does anyone know how to start up the Italian G.50? :grrr: I can't figure it out and every time, I never get off the ground!

As always, a quick response would be much obliged! :salute:

III./ZG76_Saipan
Jul-13-2014, 19:39
get on ts, someone will help

DRock
Jul-13-2014, 19:40
Hello fellow pilots! I am a new member here on the ATAG! One question. Does anyone know how to start up the Italian G.50? :grrr: I can't figure it out and every time, I never get off the ground!

As always, a quick response would be much obliged! :salute:

G50 does not have a fuel cock.

Set the throttle to about 6-7%, and hit 'Ignition'.

Don't forget to open your oil and air rads.

DRock
Jul-13-2014, 19:45
While flying, I have my oil rads at 40%, Air cowlings at 60%, prop pitch at 80-85%.

Pretty much set it and forget it.

On landing, keep your speed up when touching down, otherwise she will spin around on you. Try to take off and land facing the wind.

Good luck, and ask away if you need help.

AlecRuffolo
Jul-13-2014, 19:52
While flying, I have my oil rads at 40%, Air cowlings at 60%, prop pitch at 80-85%.

Pretty much set it and forget it.

On landing, keep your speed up when touching down, otherwise she will spin around on you. Try to take off and land facing the wind.

Good luck, and ask away if you need help.

Thanks that's a lot of help! Much appreciated!

DRock
Jul-13-2014, 19:58
Thanks that's a lot of help! Much appreciated!

You're welcome. It's a challenge to fly and take down enemies. That's what makes the kill more rewarding.:thumbsup:

AG-51 Hoss
Jul-14-2014, 08:05
Try this, I used it yesterday to learn how

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFfWAXo2I4g

Hoss

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jul-15-2014, 02:59
Sorry, but that guide misses out a lot.

For example to read your cylinder head temps, which is a necessity, you need to turn the selector switch on the right to display the temps of the pairs of cylinder heads. Temps should be between 180 and 230 degrees. Oil temps should be at between 70-80 degrees, his temps are too low and will result in lower performance.

Cylinder head air louvers are recommended to be open 3/4 or 75%. Oil rad to 60%.

Mixture should be on full rich, 100%, when starting, not less than that. Only after you gain altitude do you start to reduce mixture, reduce by 5% for every 1500 meters of altitude gain.

When taking off, you should use partial flaps for an easier takeoff, the flaps are incremental and can be adjusted to whatever setting you want between full open and closed. When landing use full flaps.

Normal operating rpms at climb is 2400 and normal boost is 700mmHG. Combat rpm/boost is 2400/790mmHG, and 3 minute WEP is 2520 rpm/890mmHG boost.