PDA

View Full Version : Hello, and thanks for the server

Tonka
Mar-01-2012, 10:59
Hi Chaps,

I'm an X-Plane flier mostly, i build aircraft for it and enjoy the flightmodel there, but i miss the high fidelity multiplayer aspect, and the the lack of damage gets a bit boring after a while.

Bought Cliffs of Dover when it was first released, and while i enjoyed trying to shoot other planes down, i didn't enjoy the poor graphics and bad framerate. A few months, and a few patches on, i recently loaded it up again, and i think it has moved on a lot. The graphics are better, and the frame rates are better after reading a few guides about optimal settings. I jumped in on the ATAG server the other night and really enjoyed being 109 cannon fodder for a hour or two! I have continued to have a fly online every night since, and while i'm still getting up to speed, i actually had a 109 in my sights last night, but then launcher.exe crashed! Honestly!

Looking forward to jumping on teamspeak tonight and getting more involved. I mostly fly Red, but have respect for aces of both side's and look forward to having some good furball action over the coming weeks.

A few of the ATAG guys seem really freindly and polite, and have helped me out a little online with key settings and tactics, so a big thanks to all of you who said hello, and a bigger thanks to everyone who helped get the server up and running. You've done a great job! :dthumb:

Cheers!

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-01-2012, 11:25
Hi Tonka,

Welcome to the fray! If you like building models, the upcoming SDK should allow you to do that in IL2COD. Not to be too forward or anything, but how about a flyable Wellington? :Grin::Grin:

Seriously though, thanks for the kind words. We try to help everyone out. There's a bunch of good guys on TS3 more than willing to help.

Also, we've all but eliminated the launcher crashes by using the .bat file and following the guidelines here: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?867-Launcher-Shortcut-for-IL2COD

Basically, after every sortie you restart the game - using the batch file to start the game. That file makes it a painless 15 second process.

Tonka
Mar-01-2012, 11:34
Thanks Bliss,

My limited amount of time for modelling has to spent on my main project at the moment, which is a high detail Sepecat Jaguar for X-Plane, but who knows what i'll have time for in the future!

I'll have a look at the link about the .bat file to stop the crashes. I haven't had many, but i'd rather not risk having another right when i finally get on the 6 of an opponent, cue much bad language!

Looking forward ot chatting with you on TS3, just got to sort some chores around the house to get in the better half's good books. She might not mind me chatting online too much tonight then!

Cheers.

Tonka
Mar-01-2012, 13:54
Right, i'm on Teamspeak, but not sure if my comms are working.

Do i need to forward any ports etc?

Cheers.

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-01-2012, 16:07
I understand about the modeling (I was just razzin' ya a bit :))

If you look in the Teamspeak section there's some really cool info. Colander's made a WWII plugin that allows you to sound like a WWII pilot (fully customizable) and there's a thread in there for a TS3 overlay that will allow you to see who's talking while in game. It helps in getting to know who you are talking to etc.

Tonka
Mar-01-2012, 18:05
Got the teamspeak stuff sorted out now, thanks.

Those plugins look cool, i'll give them a go at some point. :thumbsup:

MajorBorris
Mar-05-2012, 13:29
Hi there Tonka,

Welcome to the forums and the ATAG community.

See ya in the air!