PDA

View Full Version : Cliffs of Dover and WIN8

Badger
Mar-01-2012, 14:42
Has anyone installed WIN8, and if so, do you have any issues with it, CoD, and TrackIR?

Badger

Doc
Mar-01-2012, 15:37
I wont be using it for at least a year after its been out and in use.

I let other people do the installing and sit back and watch to see what problems they run into.

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-01-2012, 15:49

I let other people do the installing and sit back and watch to see what problems they run into.

Spoken like a true IT guy.

Rushing in to a new operating system is kinda like buying a combat flight sim that is full of bugs and receives infrequent patches and updates; only worse. ;)

ChiefRedCloud
Mar-01-2012, 15:49
I'm a Windows Junky but I too will be waiting awhile on this one to see how it goes. Though I've ehard it's pretty stable Microsoft has a hit and miss history. One hit, One miss .... etc.:inq:

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-01-2012, 15:50
I'm a Windows Junky but I too will be waiting awhile on this one to see how it goes. Though I've ehard it's pretty stable Microsoft has a hit and miss history. One hit, One miss .... etc.:inq:

Exactly, remember Windows ME, Vista?

Seems that "every other" is the Windows way.

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-01-2012, 16:09

Yep - sounds the same route I'm going to take. I love W7, so hopefully they won't screw this one up!

Badger
Mar-01-2012, 16:25
I hear you guys... I'm very LEERY of NEW and IMPROVED, until it's PROVEN it REALLY is... Usually it just means we found a way to get you to spend mre money on something you don't really need at this time, so we can keep in business, and our bosses/stockbrokers happy....

Badger

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-01-2012, 17:11
Win 8 doesn't sound promising as far as CoD is concerned according to initial reports:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3529702/Windows_8_and_Cliff_of_dover.html#Post3529702

Doc
Mar-01-2012, 17:14
Win 8 doesn't sound promising as far as CoD is concerned according to initial reports:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3529702/Windows_8_and_Cliff_of_dover.html#Post3529702

If that's the case then Microsoft's prospects of having a successful product doesn't look very good either. I have been Win7 64 for almost a year at home and it works flawless for me.

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-01-2012, 18:03
"If it ain't broke then don't fix it."

Win7 has worked great for me, too, in all kinds of applications.