PDA

View Full Version : Operation Sealion Redux Campaign ? - Mission 3

FightingSteel1
Jul-15-2014, 15:57
I apologize if this has been covered somewhere else (I looked around on this forum and did a Google search and didn't find anything)...but I'm having an issue with the 3rd mission on the Sealion campaign.

You airstart with 18 JU88s about to hit targets in the invasion area, and you need to lose less than 3 for a complete success. On my game, as soon as you get over England, one of the JU88 groups dive bombs a target, only to smash into the ground before being able to pull up. This happens every time at the same spot, and therefore is a failed mission. Is this something to do with TF updates since this campaign was made, or is there anything that can be fixed?

Thanks

heinkill
Jul-15-2014, 20:27
I apologize if this has been covered somewhere else (I looked around on this forum and did a Google search and didn't find anything)...but I'm having an issue with the 3rd mission on the Sealion campaign.

You airstart with 18 JU88s about to hit targets in the invasion area, and you need to lose less than 3 for a complete success. On my game, as soon as you get over England, one of the JU88 groups dive bombs a target, only to smash into the ground before being able to pull up. This happens every time at the same spot, and therefore is a failed mission. Is this something to do with TF updates since this campaign was made, or is there anything that can be fixed?

Thanks

Heck I hope it isnt TF4.3... You do have the latest, not 4.0 correct?

They should pull up... Actually the new flak could also make that mission impossible because it is more accurate now. Probably need to revisit it, thanks.

H

FightingSteel1
Jul-15-2014, 22:34
I'm running the latest version.

I was playing the mission, and it seemed that were keeping the Spits/Canes off of the bombers, but then a couple minutes later I get a "Mission Failed." I went into my recorded track, and either the M or N flight of Ju88s (can't remember which) goes on their dive attack nearly straight down, and ends up belly flopping after dropping their ordnance. The other group either didn't dive for their attack, or maybe didn't attack at all as I last saw them heading home towards the channel. I tested the mission 3 or so times, and it happens the same way each time.

Also, just so you know, the Luftwaffe lost 30 planes on the second mission of your campaign when I played it, mostly due to AA over the targets. I guess some things have changed in the mod version to alter the way the campaign plays out?

Thanks for the quick reply.

heinkill
Jul-17-2014, 18:46
Also, just so you know, the Luftwaffe lost 30 planes on the second mission of your campaign when I played it, mostly due to AA over the targets. I guess some things have changed in the mod version to alter the way the campaign plays out?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah, I was afraid that might happen with the new TF flak changes. The flak is way too accurate now if you put anything like a historical number of guns in the missions.

I will have to go back and take out a huge number of flak guns from the old campaigns.

Sigh...

But thanks for pointing it out, it will be especially noticeable in the Sealion campaign.

H

FightingSteel1
Jul-17-2014, 19:21
Well, I like the campaign a lot. I'm surprised you haven't heard anything about this since the update has been out awhile, but I guess most people have played your campaigns on previous versions and moved on since then.

The 2nd mission was a bit disconcerting, as it's "Luftwaffe Down" constantly. The Stukas get hit pretty bad, but all other 3 pilots in my squadron went down as well. Don't ask me how I made it, as I flew right over the airfield, dropped my bombs and got right out of there. Not a single hit on me for some reason.

Can I move on past that mission even with losing too many bombers?

heinkill
Jul-19-2014, 11:20
Can I move on past that mission even with losing too many bombers?

Yes, just click 'continue'. In REDUX campaigns you can advance to the next mission even if the mission is a technical fail.

H