PDA

View Full Version : Night on the server

MK.Mr.X
Mar-03-2012, 02:36
Hi all!
Why set the night on the server permanently?
I understand that the beautiful sunrise, but not every day ....
Your eyes do not mind?
I do not want to lose his sight peering into the darkness ...
All the people I'm flying in the TC did not approve of the night on the server.
Suggest to make the night one time a day! PLEASE!
If this is not possible, remove and put a night once a week.
I beg you! My eyes hurt from the long flight in the dark ...:candle
Yours!

(Kyka-Racha&MK.Mr.X)

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-03-2012, 08:18
Hi MK.Mr.X.,

Many of us share your pain! :Grin:

It will be just temporary; Bliss explains in a bit more detail over at 1C:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21191&page=154

Looking forward to seeing you again in my Rotol's rearview mirror. :shocked:

Snapper

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-03-2012, 08:54
Well I guess that answers a prior post (where's Mr X)

Heee'ss back

Knuckles

Snapper love the reply (Look forward to seeing you in my rear view mirror)

I turn my mirror off so I never see him period !!!!!

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-03-2012, 09:36
Yeah, in truth I toggle mine off, too. It doesn't work very well and costs at least 10 fps when the mirror is on.

MK.Mr.X
Mar-21-2012, 22:05
Bliss,Why such a time on the server?
The mission begins with the E4, and then wait for the sunrise two o'clock
Turn off the game. I am waiting for two hours, very bad ...:banghead:

ChiefRedCloud
Mar-21-2012, 22:56
Are there search lights or such or is this, as I suspect, a resource hog?

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-21-2012, 23:04
I like the early morning map. It's only one out of the four missions in the rotation.

Dutch
Mar-21-2012, 23:11
Please don't change a thing. The early morning map is probably the most immersive and absorbing experience on the server.

I love it, and I know other bomber pilots do too. The game isn't all about being able to see the bloke you're shooting down. Besides, it only takes 15 mins from the mission start and visibility is fine. :happy

MK.Mr.X
Mar-21-2012, 23:12
I like the early morning map. It's only one out of the four missions in the rotation.

Early in the morning? There's the night! Can not see anything, just a black screen.
What is there to be like?
Put 6 in the morning, this is early in the morning.

Doc
Mar-22-2012, 09:10
I can't see very well at the start but it is easier a hour later. But some places it is very dark. Some day I hope we have the ability to do night missions.

Recoilfx
Mar-22-2012, 09:35
Turn up the gamma on your video cards control panel. I also use a little bit of color boost while at it.

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-22-2012, 09:53
Mr X :::::::: should not be TOTALLY black. also you should see runway lights at any airfield you spwan at.

If you are having issues with your settings, that should be easy to fix

Once you get it fixed I really think you will like it !

Knuckles

9./JG52 Lopp
Mar-22-2012, 10:08
I agree with Mr.X , it's just to dark.
It would be nice if the clock could be moved up a couple of hours.

Either way thanks ATAG for the great server.

Catseye
Mar-22-2012, 12:02
S!
Mr.X is correct.
It is not particularly appealing to try and take off in the dark. Yes, my monitor is set precisely for optimum colour and contrast/brightness. My suggestion is: if you want early morning missions, make them one hour after sunrise. That I think is a good compromise.

For evidence of the popularity of the current early morning missions - check your stats and see how many do not return or stay long when this mission comes up.

Like Mr.X, I leave and go to other servers until I think it is light enough to fly on ATAG.

Catseye

Doc
Mar-22-2012, 12:18
Don't misunderstand my post. I don't make the missions. I just do them.

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-22-2012, 13:32
Early in the morning? There's the night! Can not see anything, just a black screen.
What is there to be like?
Put 6 in the morning, this is early in the morning.

Your settings may be off as others have mentioned. I can see the horizon, nearby buildings and even some of my cockpit instruments. Only the ground is truly "black" in my view.

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-22-2012, 16:59
Just FYI I'm with Keller, I can see quite a bit actually

MK.Mr.X
Mar-22-2012, 18:44
Turn up the gamma on your video cards control panel. I also use a little bit of color boost while at it.

You just spoil vision.
Why should I change the settings? You propose cheat!:thmbdwn:
You can only see the horizon. Everything else is black, is it good?
Ok. Fly, I'll go to another server is better...

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-22-2012, 19:18
WOW what just happened here ??

Mr. X ::: I hope the language barrier didn't confuse you.

Changing your setting isn't cheat, just possibly a way for you to better enjoy the pre-dawn, as most of us love it, ( I also understand some dont)

as for going to another server !! again I think maybee we have a language issue, because I really dont think you are the type to not get your way and just run to another server

Besides we all would miss getting shot down by you all the time !!

Knucks

ATAG_Colander
Mar-22-2012, 19:22
If Mr-X leaves, we will be forced to place blue bofors on the red side! :bgsmile:

MK.Mr.X
Mar-22-2012, 20:07
WOW what just happened here ??

Mr. X ::: I hope the language barrier didn't confuse you.

Changing your setting isn't cheat, just possibly a way for you to better enjoy the pre-dawn, as most of us love it, ( I also understand some dont)

as for going to another server !! again I think maybee we have a language issue, because I really dont think you are the type to not get your way and just run to another server

Besides we all would miss getting shot down by you all the time !!

Knucks
I only said that I would not fly in darkness.

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-22-2012, 20:08
You just spoil vision.

No one is proposing cheating. Different monitors on different systems are known to display differently. That is clear to me and should be clear to you without insulting a fellow forum member.

Please, everyone, let's keep this discussion civil.

ATAG_Snapper
Forum Moderator

Drillin
Mar-22-2012, 21:12
LOL no way mr X thats the only way you dont get a sniff of me and blast me out of the sky :) i suggest permanent night for mr X only :bgsmile:

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-22-2012, 21:49
You just spoil vision.

Hey now - relax. There's only 1 out of 4 missions with the early AM start time. Some of us want to see the beauty of the game from time to time. And from a bomber pilot's perspective, an early AM mission is a nice way to get a few sneak hits in before anyone see's ya :)

But within the 1st hour you have good sun light. Another hour into it and your visibility is almost like 12:00PM. It's not that bad to admire right.

And yeah - there's some language barrirer going on here. Noone's suggesting to cheat, but to get the colors to look correct, many people, including me have adjusted the color pallete with our video cards.

MK.Mr.X
Mar-22-2012, 22:08
well, I understood.
Made for the bombers.
I will come, when the server will be 6 am, when the beautiful and there is do not blackness...

Catseye
Mar-23-2012, 12:32
Hey now - relax. There's only 1 out of 4 missions with the early AM start time. Some of us want to see the beauty of the game from time to time. And from a bomber pilot's perspective, an early AM mission is a nice way to get a few sneak hits in before anyone see's ya :)

But within the 1st hour you have good sun light. Another hour into it and your visibility is almost like 12:00PM. It's not that bad to admire right.

snip . . . .

Hi Bliss,
From a bomber pilots perspective, I can't even see the instruments on the Blenheim to start it up let alone see the runways in the dark shadows.

Within the 1st hour . . . . is a long time when you only have a couple of hours to fly on the server, it means the evening is lost for a lot of us. West coast pilots are also in daylight when the server is busy and no matter how a room can be darkened (if it can), there is a lot of ambient light impacting darkened screens.

Regarding Mr.X's comments on changing gamma to see better in a darkened scenario - I understand him to say that it is not appropriate to have to change any settings on your monitor beyone optimum settings just in order to see the darkened image better. That image should be see-able when a monitor is set to optimum standards - notwithstanding monitor variances. I consider adjusting gamma just to see better in the dark to be an "exploit". This is the word I think that Mr.X meant to say but translation has its limits.

Again, I suggest moving the clock ahead another hour.

S!
Catseye

Doc
Mar-23-2012, 13:45
Actually...:hiding:

It's not early enough for me. I wish it were about 30 minutes earlier. I want to take off from Trampcourt and arrive over the English coat a little earlier.

But I know from the crosstalk I am in the minority and understand that its not others cup of tea. The sim needs more work in this area. Some day I want to arrive in the dark and see searchlights and burst of flak.

I can't wait until later campaigns when there is Lichtenstein radar available and we have to deal with the use of Window.

Recoilfx
Mar-23-2012, 13:52
I used to really dislike the map as I don't fly bombers, but now I at least force myself to fly the 110 a little. After 2 or 3 bombing runs, the sky usually picks up enough light that I can hop back to my good ol' E-4s.

Catseye
Mar-23-2012, 14:04
Actually...:hiding:

It's not early enough for me. I wish it were about 30 minutes earlier. I want to take off from Trampcourt and arrive over the English coat a little earlier.

But I know from the crosstalk I am in the minority and understand that its not others cup of tea. The sim needs more work in this area. Some day I want to arrive in the dark and see searchlights and burst of flak.

I can't wait until later campaigns when there is Lichtenstein radar available and we have to deal with the use of Window.

S! Doc,
I recall flying in 1949 once at night with searchlights lighting up aircraft and flak all around and I have to admit it was very surreal. I find the full night missions to be different to the dawn missions in that there are no dark shadows cast on the field by the rising sun. In the full dark, with proper graphics, you could see the runways especially with lights and hills in 1946. In the dawn scenarios, the screen cannot emulate what the human eye can in RL so there is bright then darkshadows with very little middle ground. The full night missions do not have this high contrast between light and dark.

I'm looking forward to the possibility of night missions with searchlights also, but at this stage it is IMHO difficult with the current lighting.

Cheers,
Cats . . .

Doc
Mar-23-2012, 14:30
Hi Cats and S!

I agree. The game graphics are not optimized well enough for the time frame and the shadows are pitch black. I have seen it and frustrates me also.

Doc

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-23-2012, 14:37
@ Catseye with cockpit lighting I can see all the instruments quite well, However there is NO secondary lighting for the Blenheim so the Petrol Cocks are a little hard to turn on

ChiefRedCloud
Mar-23-2012, 16:52
I fly the missions as they come and if it's a new experiance, as this is, I'll give it a whack. But perhaps we do need a flashlight mod in the bomber cockpit .... :bgsmile:

Catseye
Mar-23-2012, 20:30
Hi Cats and S!

I agree. The game graphics are not optimized well enough for the time frame and the shadows are pitch black. I have seen it and frustrates me also.

Doc

Hi Doc,
Here is a pic I took 5 minutes ago at the beginning of the dawn mission.

S!
Cats

Dutch
Mar-24-2012, 09:46
Here is a pic I took 5 minutes ago at the beginning of the dawn mission.

Hiya Cats, it looks on that photo as if you've only got one set of cockpit lights on.

If you jump into the observer's seat and press one or the other of the shift/L or ctrl/L commands (I forget which), additional lights come on in the nose, which helps.
(Sorry if you know this already!)

I found last night that I could also read the head temp gauges ok, particularly in the 30 degree (delete key) view, without having to turn off the lights in my 'den'.

This together with the runway lights (which we can currently see through the cockpit walls!) makes the mission challenging and fun. I'll post a bit of video once I've published it.

Cheers and :salute:

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-24-2012, 10:24
The Blenheim only has "Primary" cockpit Illumination

I havent discovered and "Secondary Illumination"

The light can be seen upper middle canopy

Are you finding a second light Dutch ????

Knucks

Dutch
Mar-24-2012, 10:52

:happy

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-24-2012, 11:03
whats in the pic is that just primary ?

Dutch
Mar-24-2012, 11:05
Nope! Compare it to Catseye's screenshot, and you can't see 'George's' back illuminated in his.

You have to jump into the observer's seat and switch his light on! This might work in some of the other bombers, if each crew station has a lamp.

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-24-2012, 11:10
Lets do that next night mission. Would love to see if you can see George lit up from another plane ????
:thumbsup:

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-24-2012, 11:11
Darned smart, those Englanders!:Grin:

ChiefRedCloud
Mar-24-2012, 12:05
Are there search lights or such or is this, as I suspect, a resource hog?

Well? :pouting:

Catseye
Mar-24-2012, 12:12
Hiya Cats, it looks on that photo as if you've only got one set of cockpit lights on.

If you jump into the observer's seat and press one or the other of the shift/L or ctrl/L commands (I forget which), additional lights come on in the nose, which helps.
(Sorry if you know this already!)

I found last night that I could also read the head temp gauges ok, particularly in the 30 degree (delete key) view, without having to turn off the lights in my 'den'.

This together with the runway lights (which we can currently see through the cockpit walls!) makes the mission challenging and fun. I'll post a bit of video once I've published it.

Cheers and :salute:

I didn't know that. I really would like to see my throttle and mixture controls and in particular the boost and compass. I'll check it out - but it still doesn't answer the takeoff in the dark - you say you can see runway lights? I gather this is at Littlestone? I've been taking off from Wilmington.

S! Cats . . .

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-24-2012, 12:16
Might be wrong here Cats but I assume all airfields have runway light when its dark,

Still curious why you cant see Boost/Throttle/compass, with cockpit lighting I can see all that, although certainly not as good as day time, but certainly good enough to enjoy the dark

Dutch
Mar-24-2012, 12:51
There is a dial on the lamp to increase and decrease illumination which you alter with your mouse cursor, if anyone's missed that one, too!

@CRC, sorry, don't know the answer to that one! :thumbsup:

cebit
Mar-29-2012, 09:48
Hello.
Been a few weeks since last flew as the CTD's got so bad for me it just felt as not worth it getting so irritated for the sake of a game. Was hoping the patch would have got here by now. Well,well....

But regarding the night/morning missions.....
i am a bit half/half abouth them. Guess depends on my mood a bit.
What i have noticed is that i see the flames comming from the other spits exhaust pipes which really surprised me positive :hpyclp:

Anyone knows if the 109's also have the exhaust flames?? Usually as soon as i saw those i pulled off as expected was a friendly i was stalking. Heavent flown the 109's all to much to know if they also do that, in wich case i might have let some of them go :Grin:

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Mar-29-2012, 10:31
Hello.
Been a few weeks since last flew as the CTD's got so bad for me it just felt as not worth it getting so irritated for the sake of a game. Was hoping the patch would have got here by now. Well,well....

But regarding the night/morning missions.....
i am a bit half/half abouth them. Guess depends on my mood a bit.
What i have noticed is that i see the flames comming from the other spits exhaust pipes which really surprised me positive :hpyclp:

Anyone knows if the 109's also have the exhaust flames?? Usually as soon as i saw those i pulled off as expected was a friendly i was stalking. Heavent flown the 109's all to much to know if they also do that, in wich case i might have let some of them go :Grin:

Yes mate they do

cebit
Mar-29-2012, 22:52
Ah...coo., and thx jamz.
Guess could have checked but was not at the home comp atm then .
Remember when saw the small light blip in the distance below for the first time, and my joy when realised what it was when i finally cought up to that hurricane.

Sometimes it's those small things that give you that woooah feeling and makes you like the game even more compared to 46.

Hope the CTD issue gets resolved with patch as is just irritating (and yes, i do all those things between flights). Just not what it could be atm. Not sure if was said patch will fix that, but fingers crossed here. All else will get ironed out eventually. Game is still young.